Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Mar 6, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #3,136 of 3,643
  So.... I'm in the process of creating an initial list of potential wireless on-ear headphones to purchase.  Looking at the $250-400 price range.  Using with an iPhone and MacBook, so AAC bluetooth codex support is a must.  The only choice sticking out to me at the moment is the B&W P5 Wireless, but was hoping for something with a more traditional circle ear cup shape and less exterior leather (sound quality is obviously more important than design though).  Any other recommendations to consider?

Wish Beyerdynamic would release a wireless version of the T51i... love using those during subway commutes 
frown.gif

You may want to add the Pendulumic Tach T1 to your list.

I mentioned them earlier in this thread and highly suggested a pad swap to Shure alcantara pads (thus making them over ear), but even with the on ear stock pads, they offer pretty nice sound at the bottom end of your price spectrum ($249 on Amazon at the moment).

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,137 of 3,643

You may want to add the Pendulumic Tach T1 to your list.

I mentioned them earlier in this thread and highly suggested a pad swap to Shure alcantara pads (thus making them over ear), but even with the on ear stock pads, they offer pretty nice sound at the bottom end of your price spectrum ($249 on Amazon at the moment).

Any idea if the Tach T1 supports AAC support?  The tech specs on their website only mentions Aptx.

Apple's desktops and laptops support Aptx, but the iPhone does not.  Not sure if the lower quality on iPhone would be discernible since I'd mostly be a using wireless onear pair when out and about, but I'd rather have the AAC than not.

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #3,138 of 3,643
So.... I'm in the process of creating an initial list of potential wireless on-ear headphones to purchase.  Looking at the $250-400 price range.  Using with an iPhone and MacBook, so AAC bluetooth codex support is a must.  The only choice sticking out to me at the moment is the B&W P5 Wireless, but was hoping for something with a more traditional circle ear cup shape and less exterior leather (sound quality is obviously more important than design though).  Any other recommendations to consider?

Wish Beyerdynamic would release a wireless version of the T51i... love using those during subway commutes :frowning2:  

Onkyo H500BT all the way!...So much better than the P5's, and much cheaper! One of the best Bluetooth headphones around and imo the best On Ear I've heard!

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #3,140 of 3,643

Wish Beyerdynamic would release a wireless version of the T51i... love using those during subway commutes 
frown.gif

i would recommend the P7 wireless, and the B&O headphones H7 and H8 maybe H9
all of them support AAC and aptx, i have the P7 the H7 and the H8, i love all of them each has advantages,
P7 best SQ 
H7 best comfort and clear sound
H8 best mobility with ANC and nice Sound

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,141 of 3,643

Any idea if the Tach T1 supports AAC support?  The tech specs on their website only mentions Aptx.

Apple's desktops and laptops support Aptx, but the iPhone does not.  Not sure if the lower quality on iPhone would be discernible since I'd mostly be a using wireless onear pair when out and about, but I'd rather have the AAC than not.

Not sure, I don't have an iphone.

There is a review of the Tach T1 here on Head-Fi where the reviewer was using his iPhone 6S:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/802109/pendulumic-tach-t1-vs-beoplay-h8

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #3,142 of 3,643
Onkyo H500BT all the way!...So much better than the P5's, and much cheaper! One of the best Bluetooth headphones around and imo the best On Ear I've heard!

i would recommend the P7 wireless, and the B&O headphones H7 and H8 maybe H9
all of them support AAC and aptx, i have the P7 the H7 and the H8, i love all of them each has advantages,
P7 best SQ 
H7 best comfort and clear sound
H8 best mobility with ANC and nice Sound

Thanks to both of you!  I'm going to look into the ones you've mentioned.

If anyone else has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them 
redface.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #3,144 of 3,643
I'd 2nd the P7's....imo the best Bluetooth cans available! The only reason I didn't mention them is that you were asking for On Ear.

Yeah, I am mainly looking for on-ear since they're generally smaller in size and better for portable use.  Regardless I appreciate the recommendation of the P7.  I understand they are viewed in very high regard.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3,145 of 3,643
  Yeah, I am mainly looking for on-ear since they're generally smaller in size and better for portable use.  Regardless I appreciate the recommendation of the P7.  I understand they are viewed in very high regard.

On ear, Onkyo H500BT for sure. They still surprise me to this day. Although the P7 wireless was better, not really by that much I felt so I was able to sell the P7 and just kept the Onkyo. The H500BT is also not nearly as hot so you can wear it during the summer months and if like where I am you experience winter, it can even be worn under a hat.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #3,146 of 3,643
if i would not have the B&O H8 for i would buy the Onkyo H500BT after all that recommendation, but there are also not so many reviews of them, i tested them in a store and they are really comfortable hut the have not that solid feeling like my B&O. 

i search now for good in ear BT but i think i take the Air Pods after all that good i heard about them 

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #3,147 of 3,643
Hello All,

I wanted to provide my input on Bluetooth headphones and ask for your thoughts.  Over the past 6 months I have been trying to find “that” pair of Bluetooth headphones (comfort, sound, microphone, durability, cost).  I am still searching thanks to Amazon’s very generous return policy. 

So here is what I have tried, giving each a 2-day period of testing.   I graded them considering cost, comfort, sound, microphone, and durability) **My opinion

Chronological Order:

[C-] Symphonized NRG Bluetooth Wireless Wood ($30) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAB6GTF/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Not bad sound reproduction, little heavy on the low end and muddled high but not overly bad

Cheap

Cons

Seem cheaply made

Uncomfortable fit (tried all tips)

Mediocre Mic

House of Marley Rebel Bluetooth Over-Ear ($50) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01700RNIO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Feel sturdy

Good sound though bass heavy, but do portray a mids nicely

Bluetooth signal was strong

Good Mic

Cons

Too tight, squeezed my head (above average size)

Don’t fold

[C] Naztech XJ -500 Bluetooth ($70) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J4SK6M0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Very comfortable earpads and head tension, could wear for a while without discomfort

Long battery life

Cons

Too tight, squeezed my head (above average size)

Don’t fold

Very muffled highs

Poor Mic

Plantronics Backbeat Pro (Old Model) ($150) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MBWIL0G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Very comfortable earpads and head tension, could wear for a while without discomfort

Great features like auto-pause and ambient noise mic

Great mic including a mute button

Cons

Are huge on my head and stick out quite far

Bass heavy and sculpted highs

Bludio Turbine T2 Bluetooth ($25) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2VIW9M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Very full sound with extra bass, but not muddy highs

Very low cost

Cons

Soft earpads, but head tension is high and hurts within an hour

Are quite large

Poor Mic

[B+] Marshall Mid Bluetooth ($199) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCY4UYM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Great sound signature, rock, rap and classical all sounded good with these

Excellent control knob to pause, volume up and control track

Pretty good mic

Cons

Soft leather earpads, but head tension too tight. Hurt after 30 minutes

Pricey (for my budget at least)

[B+] Puro Sound Labs BT5200 ($125) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GD45X4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Excellent sound quality, all highs were crisp and clear and lows were pronounced by not over done

Very good mic with clear voices

Cons

Overall comfort was not great, the earpads are small and the tension is high on these causing pains quickly

[A-] Sennheiser HD4.40 Bluetooth Headphones ($149) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSZSJE9/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Excellent sound quality, great clear highs with lows hitting hard but not overdone

Very good mic with clear voices

Good noise isolation

Comfortable Earpads and Tension

Cons

Pretty big headphones

Warm up when using for more than 1 hour

[C] AKG Y50BT ($88) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BX8FVMY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros

Good sound quality with an emphasis on lows, highs were not too bad

Feel very sturdy

Cons

Thin earpads and a lot of tension on the head caused me pain quickly 

Headband was not soft and hurt the top of my head

Poor Mic

[C] Adv Sound Evo Bluetooth Earbuds ($60) - https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/all-collection/products/evo-x

Pros

Good sound quality, nice even lows with clear highs

Great price

Ok Mic

Cons

Couldn’t get a good fit even with the many tips including foam

Bluetooth connection was terrible

I am going to try the Sony MDR-ZX770BT & Onkyo H500BT to see how they perform.  I am open to other’s suggestions on a reasonable priced, quality Bluetooth headphone that need to be 1) comfortable 2) have a good mic & 3) pretty good sound.

Thank You All

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,148 of 3,643
if i would not have the B&O H8 for i would buy the Onkyo H500BT after all that recommendation, but there are also not so many reviews of them, i tested them in a store and they are really comfortable hut the have not that solid feeling like my B&O. 

i search now for good in ear BT but i think i take the Air Pods after all that good i heard about them 

Yeah the H8's are one of the best built headphones out there so compared to them the Onkyo's are never going to feel the best! However I still find them to be pretty well put together and I actually really like their understated design.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #3,149 of 3,643
Sound wise the H8's and Onkyos both appeal to my taste with pronounced bass and a warm signature but I think the Onkyos just sound that little bit better, and at the expense of some premium material cost just a fraction of the price!

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #3,150 of 3,643
Sound wise the H8's and Onkyos both appeal to my taste with pronounced bass and a warm signature but I think the Onkyos just sound that little bit better, and at the expense of some premium material cost just a fraction of the price!

For sure. I still remain surprised how that little headphone can deliver such a solid sound signature. Not perfect of course, but for the money in my opinion, currently the H500BT is the best value to cost that provides really good quality sound. If they put more premium materials into it, the cost would rise quickly so I like the Onkyo approach of nice materials, lower cost, but very good sound quality. The P7 wireless is of course the current king of those I have owned, but frankly the Onkyo is pretty close and more comfortable to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back