Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #2,644 of 3,643
What Wireless cans you use for EDM and Hiphop/Rap
My beats seriously struggle on anything, but can pound out bass, not sure im into that signature anymore.

Was looking a vmoda's wireless range. 

The Onkyo H500BT's are very good with EDM and Hip Hop, they have a fantastic deep bass but with barely any boosting meaning the bass doesn't eat into the mids at all. Despite the great the bass they are also pretty balanced with great mids and highs and a warm, well rounded rich signature. The Bluetooth performance is spot on with no dropouts, and they're very comfortable for a On Ear design.

I would liken them to the Philips Fidelio M2BT which have a very similar signature but have known Bluetooth performance issues.

Other headphones with a similar signature worth considering are the B&O H8's and B&W P5's, but IMO the Onkyo's easily out do those, and at a fraction of the price! (at least here in the UK).

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #2,645 of 3,643
As above, if you want to try a true portable BT headphone capable of really solid sound quality, albeit via a more contemporary signature (which I think is a good thing for many fans of modern music) then the H500BT really does deserve to be tried. Well worth the money IMO.

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #2,646 of 3,643
So I've been trying to sift through this thread and will continue to do so. But in the meanwhile, if anyone would like to help me with a starting point, as this thread is huge, it would be very appreciated. 

I've been using Beyerdynamic 770 Pro 250s for a few years now and have loved them. I know many say the bass is a little strong, the mids are a bit week, and the highs can be almost ear piercing in some songs, but I've grown to love their warm sound. I've upgraded to the iPhone 7 and am now trying to decide between investing in hi-fi BT headphones, or if I want to suffer through the pain of lightning -> USB -> Black Dragonfly -> Beyerdynamics.

I haven't decided how important low-latency is to me yet. My primary use will be TIDAL and Apple Lossless, but if they're capable, they might be used for occasional video. My budget is < $200 for now. If I find that's just not possible then I might try to find a way to throw more money at it.

Thanks!

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #2,647 of 3,643
  So I've been trying to sift through this thread and will continue to do so. But in the meanwhile, if anyone would like to help me with a starting point, as this thread is huge, it would be very appreciated. 

I've been using Beyerdynamic 770 Pro 250s for a few years now and have loved them. I know many say the bass is a little strong, the mids are a bit week, and the highs can be almost ear piercing in some songs, but I've grown to love their warm sound. I've upgraded to the iPhone 7 and am now trying to decide between investing in hi-fi BT headphones, or if I want to suffer through the pain of lightning -> USB -> Black Dragonfly -> Beyerdynamics.

I haven't decided how important low-latency is to me yet. My primary use will be TIDAL and Apple Lossless, but if they're capable, they might be used for occasional video. My budget is < $200 for now. If I find that's just not possible then I might try to find a way to throw more money at it.

Thanks!

The WS99BT might be available for under $200 now (not sure haven't looked in a while) and the new Audio Technica (forget the model number now) is also a good candidate. Not sure, but I believe some really like the most recent Sony BT headphone. I'm sorry I haven't kept up on model numbers, but a quick look on Amazon should reveal those prices and model numbers.

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,648 of 3,643
  The WS99BT might be available for under $200 now (not sure haven't looked in a while) and the new Audio Technica (forget the model number now) is also a good candidate. Not sure, but I believe some really like the most recent Sony BT headphone. I'm sorry I haven't kept up on model numbers, but a quick look on Amazon should reveal those prices and model numbers.

So it looks like the first model you mentioned is Audio Technica. Is there a newer one that I should be looking for? Also, looks like Sony has a few models of BT headphones. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,649 of 3,643
  So it looks like the first model you mentioned is Audio Technica. Is there a newer one that I should be looking for? Also, looks like Sony has a few models of BT headphones. 

Yes, there is a smaller, newer Audio Technica BT headphone http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/6b0bb66766792ce0/index.html

The Sony headphones I really haven't read a lot about beyond the general impression I got is that people seem to like them better than the previous Sony BT offerings.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #2,651 of 3,643

This thread dedicated to "the Best Bluetooth Headphones", which often cost 2-3 times your budget.

Having said that, I've often recommended Sony SBH80 as a great reasonably priced all-rounder with fantastic sound and ergonomics.  I've jogged in them, taken showers in them and worn them all day in the office.  I have a musician friend using them with his iPhone and he loves the SQ so much, he got a pair for a family member a birthday present.

It's been discontinued but still widely available for sale at less than half your budget.  You'd need to spend a few times the price in order to get a significant enough step up in sound quality and if you only need one pair to go with your new 'jackless' iPhone 7, it's hard not to recommend.

While in-ears aren't everyone's cup of tea, I would consider myself in the same camp but have found these very comfortable, with a great seal after swapping the tips for the larger pair (included).

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #2,653 of 3,643
Wondering what's the best On ear Portable (foldable) bluetooth headphones that have a REALLY good microphone (either on the cord or not on it is fine) for conference calls in a noisy environment.  I'm looking for a microphone to block out ambient noise and voices.

Akg Y50BT (appears not to have a very good microphone but great reviews on sound and i like the look of them)
Soundlink On Ear (Has a two way microphone so I'm interested but can I get away with a less costly system that is just as good?)
Sennheiser MM 450-X (built in microphone which is interesting)

Wondering if I can take the AKG Y50BT and put a http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/  on it assuming that the BoomPro is a good microphone for conference calls.

I have a feeling your going to just recommend me the Soundlink and not mess around with other cans....

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #2,655 of 3,643
Xtz divine vs ath ws99bt?

In what respect? I owned both at the same time and I would easily select the WS99BT. The sound quality of the Divine is excellent, but without the DSP as provided with their phone app, the sound was less impressive. One issue was that for Android, at least 8 months ago, ALAC wasn't supported, the app itself was very basic and you needed to use it to have access to the pseudo DIRAC DSP. The Android app didn't have true DIRAC processing, but the iOS app did. I actually spoke with XTZ directly about this and they explained that Android made it very difficult so they had to create their own version of the DIRAC processing for Android.

That aside, I still preferred the WS99BT overall even when the DSP was being used with the Divine. The sound quality of the Divine is excellent, don't make any mistake about that, but I prefer the WS99 personally. The Divine is much smaller so for portability that is a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back