Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Mar 7, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #1,996 of 3,643
Direct comparison wth the Sennhesiaer Over the Ear Momentum wired indicates the Tach has a slighty less bit of clarity but still very competitive. The bass may also have a little less clarity. The Tach feels like it has less air and a bit more closed but not so much to make any difference to me. This is using a PonoPlayer using CD quality tracks. Since the Ponoplayer is not bluetooth I was using the aptx Pendulumic adapter. Another difference was I did not have the volume equalized between them so that could have been a difference with the Senn having a higher volume.

Sorry I do not have any compariable bluetooth headphones, only some much cheaper exercise units.

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #2,000 of 3,643
Yes I am
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #2,001 of 3,643
Direct comparison wth the Sennhesiaer Over the Ear Momentum wired indicates the Tach has a slighty less bit of clarity

Well, it is after all an on ear model.
Although the S1+ were not on the level of the Senny either. There was a bit of veil and some slight muddiness on the low-mids. And the bass was not super clean.
But I think they have made improvements with the Tach, or so I was told by their Designer.
I really look forward to test and review them, and I will then compare them with the S1+.
Thanks for sharing.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #2,002 of 3,643
Direct comparison wth the Sennhesiaer Over the Ear Momentum wired indicates the Tach has a slighty less bit of clarity but still very competitive. The bass may also have a little less clarity. The Tach feels like it has less air and a bit more closed but not so much to make any difference to me. This is using a PonoPlayer using CD quality tracks. Since the Ponoplayer is not bluetooth I was using the aptx Pendulumic adapter. Another difference was I did not have the volume equalized between them so that could have been a difference with the Senn having a higher volume.

Sorry I do not have any compariable bluetooth headphones, only some much cheaper exercise units.

You may want to check up  Pendulumic model  Tach T1 Blue tooth low latency with Aptx headphones. They claim it works well with the low latency Avantree Priva Transmitter.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #2,003 of 3,643
You may want to check up  Pendulumic model  Tach T1 Blue tooth low latency with Aptx headphones. They claim it works well with the low latency Avantree Priva Transmitter.

Yes, that is what I said I used

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #2,006 of 3,643
Well I finally returned my backbeat pro's and picked up some backbeat Go 2 iem's. I wasn't expecting much from relatively cheap Bluetooth earphones. I'd say the sound quality is a little better than the typical headset you get with a smartphone. Bass is a little weak but can be remedied with a little eq. Range is more than sufficient. I did not experience any issues 20' away from my iPad. I'm not sure what the maximum range is. Perfect for biking or jogging.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #2,007 of 3,643
I have been using a QY8 branded as Coulax during my exercise lately and they have been doing very well staying in. I think these are a clone of some other brand if you don't want a clone. I purchased off Amazon. Very inexpensive around 27$.

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #2,008 of 3,643
Giogio, what would you recommend as the best neutral headphones? I don't mind a bit of bass in my music but I prefer a more neutral sound than a warm one and I have some doubts I'd appreciate the ATH-WS99BT because of it.

The XTZ Headphone Divine seemed to be the most neutral of the headphones you presented but I have some reservations about investing money in a wireless headphone in a company that doesn't have a lot of headphone manufacturing experience. I'm fairly certain they would please me in terms of sound but I would prefer to have a headphone that sounds good out of the box without requiring specific audio software for the best audio experience and from a company that is more experienced in developing them. The Audio Technica's you praise, as an example, look significantly better built than the XTZ's.

I'm curious about Audio Technica's new High-Res bluetooth headphones which are set to be released next month, the ATH-SR5BT as they seem to be aimed at audiophiles. If they have a similar sound to the ATH-MSR7 they should be quite promising. Has anyone here had any experience with them at CES? Most of the "interviews" or coverage videos I've seen so far of them are of amateur quality, at best.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #2,009 of 3,643
I currently have the Ultrasone Pro 750 (very rarely use as I have discovered I prefer on-ear style headphones) and Sennheiser HD25-1 II. Love everything about the Sennheiser except for the cord which is why I'm here. Which would be the closest match to the HD25-1 II? Looking at the Momentum M2OEBT and Philips Fidelio M2BT. Thanks in advance!

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #2,010 of 3,643
  Giogio, what would you recommend as the best neutral headphones?
The Audio Technica's you praise, as an example, look significantly better built than the XTZ's.
the ATH-SR5BT as they seem to be aimed at audiophiles.

Neutrality is, I am afraid, quite a subjective thing, specially in BT (but not only).
I do not share your doubts and concerns about the XTZ. Specially if your source will be a PC/MAC or iOS. There is zero inconvenience in running the Dirac DAP together with your player (on a PC/MAC) and not much inconvenience in using the XTZ Player on iOS.
And there is a lot to gain, with a DSP correction of Frequency and Impulse responses. And you will NOT find a better neutrality on any BT headphone. I cannot talk for wired headphones as I am not an expert in that field. But for what I understood, you must pay a lot to get this kind of perfect neutrality. And somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect that the neutrality achievable with just hardware (no DSP) is mostly on the Frequency Response than on the Impulse Response. Which, if so, would still give the XTZ an advantage.
Besides, you have full money back guarantee. Which I doubt you will use because I can't imagine anybody who could not like the XTZ Divine.
They are not "bad built". They are solid and well made. The design is not the best, the look of the plastic is not the best, the comfort could be improved, but it is all OK.
The ATH do give a better impression. But it is just impression.
I have my eyes on the ATH-SR5BT, thanks for mentioning them. Given the level of the WS99BT I cannot have other than optimist expectations for the new one!

Now, coming to neutrality, I believe @n00b2 would agree with me if I say the Def Tech Symphony 1 may be the best alternative to the XTZ. I consider the XTZ superior in sound anyway.
Another relatively neutral one could be the AKG-K845BT, and another could be the Phiaton Chord MS530.
I personally anyway think that apart for a slight boost in the upper bass (another user says mid bass) the ATH are quite neutral. Far from being a reference headphone, but you should not let that "Solid Bass" scare you. I have written it many times, their bass is only proportional to the level of bassiness of the music listened. They are no Beats.
Many people on the CanJam meetings liked the Pendulumic Stance S1+. I would not call them neutral though. But they come relatively close.
No other BT headphones on my list could be considered neutral.
Other users may suggest you something else. For example I believe somebody (@thatonenoob?) said the Beoplay H7 are relatively neutral? Not sure about it.

I currently have the Ultrasone Pro 750 (very rarely use as I have discovered I prefer on-ear style headphones) and Sennheiser HD25-1 II. Love everything about the Sennheiser except for the cord which is why I'm here. Which would be the closest match to the HD25-1 II? Looking at the Momentum M2OEBT and Philips Fidelio M2BT. Thanks in advance!

I am afraid that you will have to describe them, because I do not know them.
Maybe somebody here do.
Between M2OEBT and M2BT I would pick the second. The first is a bit too cold for my tastes, and although the bass was very clean and punchy, the bass of the Fidelio is one of those "one of a kind" cases which do not happen often. Apart for the UE9000 I have yet to find something able to give that feeling.
But as said, not knowing your Senny, I can't confirm which BT could come close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back