Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jan 10, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,741 of 3,643

Yeah, I know OSX is covered for AptX. Just a shame given all of Apple's billions, they couldn't license AptX from CSR for iOS/mobile devices.

Anyway, will see what they sound like via SBC when they get here tomorrow :)

As said, iOS supports AAC. Like the Plantronics do. So, you will probably not see how they sound in SBC :D

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #1,742 of 3,643
I didn't realise the Plantronics did AAC as well. I should probably learn to read, as it says it does say in the product specs, which to be fair are a hidden away on Plantronics' website.*

aptX® low latency codec, AAC codec, 32mm dynamic drivers, frequency response 20Hz-20kHz

Couldn't find out any information on what codecs the Jabras use, tho.

*Would link them, but would just get my post put in the moderation queue again :)

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #1,743 of 3,643
Tipically Jabra only uses SBC. But I am not sure about the Move either.
I think they should step on Aptx because they kind of not excel in highs, at least from what I saw on the Revo.
Aptx could give them a few points more in the highs.

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #1,745 of 3,643
The Senses have arrived today.

First impressions, for a £100 set of headphones they look kind of cheap. I think its the use of a gloss plastic around the ports/controls. This ties into my 'office-y' complaint from earlier. There seems to be design flourishes that you don't really see from the manufacturers coming from a strictly audio/music background. Big controls on the back of the cups looks a bit naff as well.

That aside, they feel very comfortable. The memory foam pads adjust to ones ear nicely. Not too tight, but not at risk of falling off. Probably wouldn't use them running etc, but then that is not what they are for. Not had a chance to walk round much to test whether all the 'bone conduction' complaints are valid, but so far just feel like normal on-ear headphone feedback when walking round the office briefly.

In relation to the BT connectivity, the 2H2S functionality works really well switching between 2 devices, whereas on the Moves they sometimes get a bit confused and have to be turned off/on.

The 'extras' just seem like a bit of a gimmick. The sensor that turns on/off when you remove them needed calibrating several times before I just turned it off. It kinda works, but it's not something I think I will use enough to warrant all the times it accidentally stops the music when I go to adjust their position for comfort reasons, and then they do not come back on. The pass through mic is fun for pretending you have Superman hearing, but other than that, people just think you're being rude if you try and talk to them without removing your headphones. 

Audio feedback will come later when I have had a chance to listen to them properly. Gun to my head, I would say due to the light sealing, the lower range is a bit weak, but simply serves to make the overall sound nicely flat and neutral. The Moves have slightly better sealing, and 40mm drivers, so are a bit more competent in that area, but seem to be slightly.....only very slightly....lacking in overall clarity and separation.

As things stand

Bluetooth connectivity - Senses
Looks - Moves
Comfort - Senses just about edge it.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,746 of 3,643
  Guys check out my little review on the Sony MDR-1ABT i hope it helps someone 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWYkNXRXNKU

Ah, so it was you, with the video of the ATH?
Didn't you sell them to pay your car?
So, tell us, what do you like more on the Sony and what on the ATH?
Anyway, I told you, till you do not try them with the HM5 you do not know them enough. Buy both leatherette versions, flat and angled. The angled sounds better but it has a less wide opening which may bother some people with large and sensitive ears.

It's super that you make videos, I will link them on my first post. You could link this thread on your videos, so people can find a community with whom to talk.

And what did you ended doing with the Headphone Divine? Did you also have Dirac for Windows?

In relation to the BT connectivity, the 2H2S functionality works really well switching between 2 devices, whereas on the Moves they sometimes get a bit confused and have to be turned off/on.

The 'extras' just seem like a bit of a gimmick. The sensor that turns on/off when you remove them needed calibrating several times before I just turned it off. The pass through mic is fun for pretending you have Superman hearing, but other than that, people just think you're being rude if you try and talk to them without removing your headphones. 

So they call it 2h2s now? Whatever.
And you mean that the Move have that too?

About the Sensor, it may be affected by hair. Maybe you can check if there are firmware updates available already. I never had one single problem with the Pro.

About the open-mic, I find it useful when walking on the street, to be more aware of cars etc. And in Airports and Train Stations, not to lose any announcement.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #1,747 of 3,643

So they call it 2h2s now? Whatever.
And you mean that the Move have that too?

Well, that's what Plantronics call it. Jabra, which have it as well, call it multiuse™. Same thing, but different names.

About the Sensor, it may be affected by hair. Maybe you can check if there are firmware updates available already. I never had one single problem with the Pro.

I have no hair, so it ain't that. I think over time it may 'learn' what movements to react to, but it annoyed me enough at the start to turn it off. Will probably turn it back on if I end up keeping them. As chances are I am moving them about, i.e switching between headphones etc, more than I would usually.
About the open-mic, I find it useful when walking on the street, to be more aware of cars etc. And in Airports and Train Stations, not to lose any announcement.

I cannot remember exactly how the Pros did it's open-mic, but on the Senses it completely mutes the audio. So you might as well just pop the headphones around your neck.

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #1,748 of 3,643
  I have no hair, so it ain't that. I think over time it may 'learn' what movements to react to

I cannot remember exactly how the Pros did it's open-mic, but on the Senses it completely mutes the audio. So you might as well just pop the headphones around your neck.

"I have no hair" :D
You mean, like this?
I am not sure if the sensor has got a learning function.
How did you calibrate it, exactly?

If I remember well, in the Pro you had music still running but at a lowered volume, when the Open Mic was activated.
I cannot imagine why they have changed this. It is, as you say, totally useless now, unless you want to spy on what your colleagues say, while letting them believe that you listen to music :)

Btw, are you at your workplace right now?

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #1,749 of 3,643
  "I have no hair" :D
You mean, like this?
I am not sure if the sensor has got a learning function.
How did you calibrate it, exactly?

If I remember well, in the Pro you had music still running but at a lowered volume, when the Open Mic was activated.
I cannot imagine why they have changed this. It is, as you say, totally useless now, unless you want to spy on what your colleagues say, while letting them believe that you listen to music :)

Btw, are you at your workplace right now?

Maybe calibrate is too strong a word, but you can reset them. Seems to help, so assume it's self correcting somehow.
Quote Plantronics Manual:
Originally Posted by Plantronics Manual

Reset Sensors:

You may need to reset the sensors if they are not working as expected. To reset the headset sensors, connect it directly to your computer's USB port, and place it, with the ear cups up, on a flat, non-metallic surface for more than 10 seconds.

In relation to the open-mic, would be interested to see h0race's findings when he gets his pair in the post. As you say, it seems a completely useless feature as things stand. Apart from the obvious secret agent/spying scenarios. So maybe I have a faulty pair?

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #1,751 of 3,643
  Huh...I didn't even think that last post had a link in it? Ah well....a reply will be appearing shortly :wink:

What do you mean? You have to click on the words "this" and "at your workplace".
Do you know how to post a link with the button with a symbol of a chain, the third from the right in the upper row?

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #1,752 of 3,643
As a new member my account has certain restrictions on it. It's to cut down on people signing up and spamming straightaway etc. Every time I put a link, or in the last case quote your post which had a link in it, my post gets put into a queue to be approved by the mods. That's what I was referring to, as in I didn't think I'd put a link in my reply, but I had quoted yours which contained a link.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,755 of 3,643
Avantree or any other that does APT-X

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back