Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 23, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,111 of 3,643
I got it in one of those "one euro" shops, you know, all super cheap thing from China, all for one euro...

Or one Pound :)
But anything which is rigid enough to support the edges of the earpads preventing them to flex too much, and which you can cut somehow, would do the job.
For the stuffing also, I think it's a matter of finding the right material which does not absorb the sound too much.
Let me know what you find.

Cool cheers :beers: I'll check out the local Poundland here in the UK :) see what I can find! I'll keep ya updated!

May 23, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,112 of 3,643
The soundstage improved a bit. The bass, I had the impression, was a bit reduced. Unfortunately I do not have them anymore.

I think I have posted already their inner diameter, did I?

Oh, only 4.5cm opening for the ears?

wow, what to they have, 2cm border?

But, 4,5 height, measured from where?
Maybe you can do couple of photos with the meter there so we see the numbers?

Which bass/highs frequencies exactly did you boost/reduce?
With Neutron?

Can you send screenshot?
I would also propose to try reducing the low mids a bit. I do not know the sound with the HM9 so it may not be needed, but with the HM5 I have felt that a little reduction of 3db from 250 to 500hz in Foobar, or on the 300hz or 400hz in Neutron gives better clarity and improve the unwanted boominess of the HM5.

Maybe also with the HM9 it would give you even more precision in the bass and more separation.
[/IMG]The measurements are around 4 to 4.5 cm for inner diameter, due to a little bit eliptical in shape of the cup. I measured the height of the cup including the attachment part. If onlymeasuring the soft part, around 2.5 cm. As a result of thickness, more comfortable than the original and leaks less sound.
I used neutron to adjust eq. I like the more subtle bass with HM9 on better than the EQed sound though.

May 24, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #1,114 of 3,643
May 24, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,116 of 3,643
Thought I'd post an update about how the Symphony 1 performs with EQ. When I first tried it on the native android equaliser and using the ones inside MusicBee, MediaMonkey it was horrible (Poweramp was ok but not great). Distorted like crazy and sounded completely unnatural. Was basically impossible to listen to anything unless you left it at flat EQ. Trying it with viper4android and Equaliser APO on Windows made a huge difference. The headphones EQ'd really well. I could get the bass to sound pretty much at the same level as the Momentum while remaining tight and without the boomyness of the Momentum. Could also improve the rumble/sub bass to give more realistic responses to explosions while still sounding balanced. Was also quite easy to increase clarity of vocals when needed to as well as the treble though pretty much any treble boosts added in harshness given the headphones were borderline fatiguing to begin with. In short they can be EQ'd though they do need a really good equaliser for it to work properly.

May 24, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,117 of 3,643
Yes but smaller than the Cush (and as far as I remember the AKG too) for inner diameter.

So, not so good for bigger ears.

Damn I have bigger ears :) so Cush is needed then! By the way Giogio what device you using to deliver your sound? I've tried the following (Ordered in best sound delivery - some aptx supported)
1. Sony Z3
2. iPhone 4s (would of been top but tracks jump due to no aptx support)
3. Samsung S6
4. Htc M9 (would of also been near top but found tracks to jump which was odd as aptx is supported)
5. Moto X 2014
6. Htc M8
7. Galaxy Alpha
8. Oppo Find 7

Still to test (mx4 pro, currently still in post :wink:)

Be interested to know what you use as I find the Z3 makes a massive difference to the sound of the ws99bt

May 24, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,118 of 3,643
I use them only at home, so, I use a pc with foobar and the plugins "grahic equalizer" and "real bass exciter" and "resampler".

what make the z3 so special to you?

May 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #1,119 of 3,643
I use them only at home, so, I use a pc with foobar and the plugins "grahic equalizer" and "real bass exciter" and "resampler".

what make the z3 so special to you?

The Z3 with the aptx compared to the others I tried just seems to have more power and volume to them, the other phones you have to put to about 75% volume to really get any sound. Where with the Z3 you get great sound from 50% upwards, just find them to be the better portable option. Oh and one last thing which is also very important when portable and over BT the Sony's power management is far superior to others giving you longer before charging :wink:

May 24, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #1,120 of 3,643
Yeah but Neutron prevents the stamina mode to put the phone in stand by.
And there seems to be no solution to that.

And from lollipop, the general audio effects of xperia (clear audio, eq, "studio/hall", clear bass) only work when using Sony Walkman.
And those where the only reasons to prefer the sound of the xperia for me.
So, now I am going toward Samsung, which is easier to root, so I can use viper

May 25, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #1,121 of 3,643

And from lollipop, the general audio effects of xperia (clear audio, eq, "studio/hall", clear bass) only work when using Sony Walkman.

Yes the S6 was very good with its Bluetooth deliver, I just don't like touchwiz :) and installing cm12.1 etc will lose the aptx codecs :frowning2:

May 25, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #1,122 of 3,643
You can use Themer or Buzz Launcher. There are so many third party launchers. No need to use Touchbiz.

I did not understand this of the aptx, can you repeat?

May 25, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #1,124 of 3,643

I have a Xperia L and I can use Viper + All Sony audio effects with and without walkman, which means I can also use the effects + viper with poweramp/neutron too..

Its basically the settings you change once you install the viper4android..You need to go to Phone Settings-> Music effects -> you have 2 options 1) Sound enhancements 2) Viper FX

Choose no 1. 

then go to Viper4android, click FX Compatible mode -> you have 2 options 1) Normal 2) compatible, 

Choose no 2.

This way you will have your default Sony effects + Viper working together for any player.

If you choose ViperFX in phone settings, you need to select Normal under FX Compatible mode in Viper menu so that viper will be set globally for all music players and the android sound effects wont work along..

I always have both work together and the sound is perfect with high volumes and plenty of setting to get the perfect sound..

So if you just root your Z1 compact and install viper you are all set, I think you dont need to get a samsung at all. Because the Sony audio effects + viper is better than samsung.

Root steps for z1 compact lollipop

http://techbeasts.com/2015/04/20/root-xperia-z1-compact-d5503-14-5-a-0-242-5-0-2-firmware-plus-recovery/

May 27, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #1,125 of 3,643
Just listened to sony 1abt at their show room. I can hear quite a lot of booming at the base. Not quite at the same class as ATH ws99BT. I was wearing sony in ear BT sdh 80 to the venue. Even the 2 year old inear earbud of sony has better sound. The control, comfort and look are all superior though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back