Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 7, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #1,021 of 3,643
  Why do you specifically ask about bass? I did indeed notice that there was a reduction on some low frequencies. In the case of the PX200ii it was a positive thing, because they are muddy in those frequencies, so at the end the PX sounded better with the Clipper than wired!
But, it may not be the same with other headphones.
I thought anyway that it was mostly a BT related thing, than a receiver related one.

Because if an amp or receiver is struggling to power a device (or simply not going loud enough) the bass is usually where you will notice a weaker response first. Often the easiest way to tell if you need to upgrade your amp/receiver/etc. Interesting that you preferred the PX200ii over bluetooth because you felt that it had too much bass to begin with. Quite a few headphones you have tried seem to have that issue rather than making them light on bass.

May 8, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,022 of 3,643

Well, the purpose of EQing is to adapt the signature to YOUR tastes. So, if I give you a preset, it would kind of make no much sense.
But I could do that as a general guideline.
They anyway do not need much EQ. You were only not satisfied for the bass, right? The rest was ok for you if I remember well. Which, if so, it means that you just need to boost the bass a bit.
Let me know if it is so, and also tell me which kind of source will you be using (Android Phone? Which? Rooted? Windows? iPhone?).
BTW, can you eventually find the Momentum On Ear Wireless? M2OEBT? I was testing them yesterday and switching a bit with the Fidelio and the Momentum are a very nice contender. I still prefer the Fidelio, they sound more complete to me, and have more potential than the Senny on the low range. Also the soundstage is wider on the Fidelio, although on the Senny is also nicely deep, but not quite good in width.
What I like in the Senny is their superior detail, and the tight bass. A very nice, tight, punchy bass.
So, the choice between the two could also depend on which kind of bass you prefer.
The Fidelio excell more in the subbass, in the rumble, although they do have a good punch too.

Well firstly you have a fantastic memory i return them due to bass but i  compared them to  my bose one's .... now i have a z ultra rooted i do not fiddle around with eq that's why i asked you i can use any eq if it by any means give my the sound signature of bose like the fullness of sound the bose are not that good with soundstage and clarity in which i think nobody can beat fidelio ... also give me your best preset's well who know i find them more good than my ****ty bose sickness and i don't want anything close to Beat's i just hate them but they are my daily gym driver one more reason ......gym..... for the fidelio to be my choise.

The momenum OEbt are not present here only the wired one's they were good but i want bt and beside they don't stand against fidelio m2bt... I used Backbeat pro for almost 15 days before returning them i didn't find them any good in the start compare to m2bt of my bose but i seem to like them as time passes..... than i heed you advice and get back the m2bt cause i did'nt give them enough time to burn-in and do nothing of sort like eq or something weird with them :)

May 8, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #1,023 of 3,643
Quite a few headphones you have tried seem to have that issue rather than making them light on bass.

What do you mean? :xf_eek:

i have a z ultra rooted
then you should look for viper4android
Unfortunately I've no idea how it works but the reviews let me wishing to root my device.
Try it, and let me know!
Then, i can only suggest Neutron. The quality of this player is just on anther level respect to any other.
But you could eventually use Poweramp too, if you prefer its interface and kind of easier to use eq.
I will anyway make a preset for the Fidelio in Neutron and pass it to you.

May 8, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #1,024 of 3,643
Unfortunately I've no idea how it works but the reviews let me wishing to root my device.
Try it, and let me know!
Then, i can only suggest Neutron. The quality of this player is just on anther level respect to any other.
But you could eventually use Poweramp too, if you prefer its interface and kind of easier to use eq.
I will anyway make a preset for the Fidelio in Neutron and pass it to you.

Well i have Viper4android installed i used it mainly for the max audio gain as the backbeat pro's were a little low on volume..... and will be waiting for your preset's ......

May 8, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #1,025 of 3,643
So finally I got to audition the senheisser momentum around ear and I liked it but the volume was not loud enough for me although I maxed out the volume on my iPhone 6 plus. And the bass was just ok not that much. Big bummer I thought it would be much better for that price . So I willl wait for denon and 1abt reviews to come in

May 8, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #1,026 of 3,643
What do you mean?
redface.gif

I mean that there were a few headphones that you tried that you felt had too much bass or were too boomy wired but when you used them over bluetooth the bass went down in a good way and you liked it more then.

Unfortunately I've no idea how it works but the reviews let me wishing to root my Vevice.

Viper4android is a truly amazing app. Why haven't you tried rooting your phone? It's quite easy to do really for most devices.

May 8, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #1,027 of 3,643
So finally I got to audition the senheisser momentum around ear and I liked it but the volume was not loud enough for me although I maxed out the volume on my iPhone 6 plus. And the bass was just ok not that much. Big bummer I thought it would be much better for that price . So I willl wait for denon and 1abt reviews to come in

You really like a strong bass response don't you. Both the Denon and Sony seem to be strong on bass from most initial impressions going round but you might find them still light on bass for your tasts. When you tried the Beats why did you choose not to buy it? Just because of people's hatred towards them or was there something about them you disliked?

May 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,028 of 3,643
alright so i think today was an eventful day so i got also the chance to audition the parrot zik2 and boy it sucks big time, with bass it just distorts

now i really liked the momentum but its volume is really below all the ones i tried and i was surprised how low volume it is compared to other it tried, i told me the i reached max volume, and i doubl checked my iphone 6 plus volume but both were maxed out, if only it was louder i would have bought it

so again i went back to demo the samsung lever one and its really nice, but need a little bit more bass, and its much louder than the momentum

the parrot zik 2 i spend 1 hour on as i wanted to get to know its iphone app, and totally sucks really i can not see what all the fuss is all about, and its app is just a toy

its seems that my expectations are too high as i own lcd2 rev2 and shure 846 which are hard to beat

anyhow my search is still on

dam if only the monetum was louder i would have bought it

there was no urbanite to audition which is a shame

oh the beats are totally not for me, as it feels cheap and looks ridiculous and it has bass but not the sound signature i want at but they are not bad at all for people who are not audiophiles , and i have the 50 cent sms bluetooth which sounds so similiar to beats

May 8, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #1,029 of 3,643

I mean that there were a few headphones that you tried that you felt had too much bass or were too boomy wired but when you used them over bluetooth the bass went down in a good way and you liked it more then.
Viper4android is a truly amazing app. Why haven't you tried rooting your phone? It's quite easy to do really for most devices.

At first because of the warranty. Now i have searched in Androids Forum, posted about this horrorific scandal of Lollipop preventing Neutron (and all third party players) from accessing the sound enhancements of the phone (sony's enhancements, not android's. They worked as a background enhancement with any sound application, players, youtube, everything. Now they just work with the Walkman app). There is no solution to that, which was a truly nice thing with the reverb and clear bass. So, I asked about rooting, in order to use viper.
The answer was, there is no community thread about rooting a Zperia Z1 Compact.
So... I need to buy a Samsung, something which I never ever thought could ever possibly happen. As I do not like Samsungs.
But, buying a new phone just to use viper is also a bit, kind of too much.
After all I stream from my phone only when I am on the bus, with the AKG Y45BT.
At home I use the ATH with Foobar and those two presets which rock.

Maybe you should do like @mattmathur and root your phone and use viper.
Of just get Neutron and/or Poweramp (in this case also JetAudio could be ok maybe) to use their pre-gain feature to increase volume.
The problem would be that by increasing gain you also increase the danger of peaks/distortion. Specially if you are also boosting the bass with EQ.
But Neutron has got an Automatic Gain Protection feature which would eventually decrease the gain in case of peaks. You can set it so that it would come back to your preferred value at each new song.
Or, you could use its Normalization feature (post EQ) in order to make Neutron play each song at the max possible gain value which would not peak.
If you still do not find anything loud enough you will need to go for the ATH.

May 8, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,030 of 3,643
make sure ur android with lollipop works with viper4android as i i tried and tried to make it work on my sony xperia z ultra with no success. although i am rooted and converted the viper4andoid to a system app

i am now waiting just for more reviews for 1abt and denon to come out, i might in the end buy the ath

May 8, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,031 of 3,643
May 8, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,032 of 3,643
I have no idea. I do not test iem because for that I need Companies to trust that this Thread is as important (if not, in some cases, even more) as a Blog, and send me test units.
I can return Headphones, but I cannot return iem.

You can check thewirecutter for that.

May 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #1,033 of 3,643

i am now waiting just for more reviews for 1abt and denon to come out, i might in the end buy the ath

I remember seeing couple videos of people in Japan that were sent the new Denon GC-20 for testing purposes. Unfortunately, they were very basic reviews & translations are difficult to understand. I don't know why they cannot do a thorough review of them - seems to me like they are not true audiophiles to do an actual thorough review.

Companies like Sony and Denon need to work on their pre-release marketing by sending it out to a variety of groups spread across different regions of the world if they wish to build up the excitement and start off with a bang.

May 9, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,034 of 3,643
Hi,
I want to buy my first Bluetooth headphones and i need some advice.
I intend to use the headphones outside (on a bus or a train) so a decent sound insulation is important. As long as the headphones have a good passive sound insulation it's ok if there won't be ANC. I also need the headphones not to leak sound so i won't disturb the people that are sitting next to me on a bus.

I want the headphones to be comfortable so i can wear them for long periods of time and not feeling fatigue on the ears or the head.
I have an average size head and ears.
I'm not interested in headphones like the samsung level over, in my opinion they seems to be too big and bulky for using outside.

I mainly listen to these geners: House, Dubstep, Trap, Rap, Hip-Hop.
As you can see i mainly listen to bass heavy music so it will be nice if the hesdphones will have a nice deep bass, but in the same time i don't want the mids and highs to disappear.
I never use EQ so i prefer headphones that will be good to go out of the box.

In the features department it's important that there will be a good battery with a long playing time, also i need the headphones to have a good Bluetooth connection.

I did some reading on the diffrent Bluetooth codecs and i understood that Apt-X enabled headphones are highly recommended. My music source is going to be mainly my LG G2 smartphone and maybe sometimes my LG G PAD 8.3 tablet.

My budget for the headphones is approximately 350 $.

Thank you !

After A lot of reading I'm still can't decide which Bluetooth headphones will suit me best.

Seems that the Philips M2BT should be great for the music genres that I'm usually listening to but I have some doubts about these headphones: How solid is the Bluetooth connection ? What is the real life playing time ? I don't want to charge the headphones often.

On the other hand I saw the AKG Y45BT on Amazon Spain for 83.99 EUR but I know nothing about them:
How Comfortable are they ? How good are they for the music I'm listening to ? How solid is the Bluetooth connection ? 
What is the real life playing time ?

I have 2 questions regarding the M2BT and the Y45BT:
1) How comfortable these headphones while wearing glasses ?
2) How is the sound quality of these headphones while pairing with a non Apt-X source ? I intend to use the headphones with my tablet sometimes (LG G PAD 8.3) which as far as I know doesn't support Apt-X.

The third option that I'm currently thinking about is the Sony 1ABT. From the few reviews that I have found seems that they have a great sound quality, comfortable design and a lot of playing time but their price is 350 EUR for pre-ordering on Amazon Germany - the price is higher than the M2BT and a lot higher than the Y45BT, In addition the 1ABT seems to be pretty big so I'm not sure how suitable they are for using outside/on the go (on a train or the bus).

I will be very happy to get some advises/recommendations.

Thank you !

May 9, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #1,035 of 3,643
HOLY JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have received the Brainwavz HM5 Earpads for my ATH-WS99BT.
They are not only much more comfortable than the original stock earpads, but improve the bass performance dramatically. It is like adding a little subwoofer!
I am so happy :)
I have bought both the leatherette and the velour version. Apart for the fact that the velour is a very cheap kind of velour, it also absorb the sound way too much. The leatherette reflects it better.
I will do more tests but I think the leatherette are clear winner. And the bass is exploded.
I almost do not need to EQ anymore! Well, ok, at least not for the bass (apart for dubstep &Co, where I still boost the bass). The 200 to 400 still need a -3db subtractive, also because now there is a bit boominess in the sound which need this subtraction.
The soundstage also improved a lot, and the harshness at max vol is gone. Although the loudness is also a little bit reduced (but still very loud).
Overall I am very satisfied. Although there is just NO WAY that I am going to go out with this thing now. It definitely looks huge.
For an alternative, which also improves the soundstage and the comfort, but which are much more beautiful to see, the earpads of the AKG K845BT are a better solution.
They do not give this Hulk effect to the bass, but, well, you can just EQ more. And overall the sound would be maybe more "refined", less boomy, with the AKG pads.
I would suggest getting both and trying.
You must give some love to your headphones to make them give you something back. Like with women :wink:
I also have ordered the Brainwavz HM9 earpads, I think they are as big as the AKG but thicker. They could be the perfect solution, but I will tell when I try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back