Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Aug 30, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #1,396 of 3,643
How would you say the backbeat pro's perform in comparison? I would like to be wearing them maybe to the gym or riding my bike to class. Are they too big to be worn in public:gs1000smile: ?Any experience with the momentums?

From what I remember, the backbeat pros are pretty bulky. The openings in the ear pads were not big enough for my ears, so they got uncomfortable for me. And they aren't the most stylish in my opinion. As far as sound quality, it's hard to say without comparing side by side, but I think the pros had better clarity, and they definitely had a wider soundstage and better separation.

I haven't tried the momentums yet.

For what it's worth, my current cans are the Sony MDR1ABT. Some people here have claimed the bass is too boomy, but that's not my experience. And I really like being able to change the earpads. I have the Brainwave HM5 pads on now and I can wear them all day without getting uncomfortable. I use the different pads to alter the sound signature. I put on the velour ones when I want to tone down the bass.

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,397 of 3,643
From what I remember, the backbeat pros are pretty bulky. The openings in the ear pads were not big enough for my ears, so they got uncomfortable for me. And they aren't the most stylish in my opinion. As far as sound quality, it's hard to say without comparing side by side, but I think the pros had better clarity, and they definitely had a wider soundstage and better separation.

I haven't tried the momentums yet.

For what it's worth, my current cans are the Sony MDR1ABT. Some people here have claimed the bass is too boomy, but that's not my experience. And I really like being able to change the earpads. I have the Brainwave HM5 pads on now and I can wear them all day without getting uncomfortable. I use the different pads to alter the sound signature. I put on the velour ones when I want to tone down the bass

Got it, I did like the features they had to offer but yeah I feel like they're not very portable. I will definitely take a look at the MDR1ABT/ HM5 pads. Thanks!

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,398 of 3,643
Wonder how  wired phones with a Bluetooth adaptor like the Noble BTS might compare with some of these bluetooth phones. For instance I could imagine this would be good hanging from a pair of Sennheiser Amperiors' short cable. It could even clip on to the headband as a neatish solution !  For £69 might be a cost effective way of aquiring Bluetooth aptX if you already have some decent phones with the advantage of converting any current of future headphone to wireless.  

Would be interesting to try on my Focal Spirit Classics for instance, with a suitably short cable. I think they could possibly out perform most on the headphones mentioned on here with this adaptor ?

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,399 of 3,643
Wonder how  wired phones with a Bluetooth adaptor like the Noble BTS might compare with some of these bluetooth phones. For instance I could imagine this would be good hanging from a pair of Sennheiser Amperiors' short cable. It could even clip on to the headband as a neatish solution !  For £69 might be a cost effective way of aquiring Bluetooth aptX if you already have some decent phones with the advantage of converting any current of future headphone to wireless.  

Would be interesting to try on my Focal Spirit Classics for instance, with a suitably short cable. I think they could possibly out perform most on the headphones mentioned on here with this adaptor ?

Funnily enough I was going to order those last week, but I thought the price was a bit much especially if they weren't any good. I may order these instead http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N7AWL2U/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item
They did have cheaper ones on amazon, but these looked like the best of the cheaper ones.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,400 of 3,643
If you're looking for a pure bluetooth receiever headphone amp, IMHO this is a better buy than the BTS
Audio Technica ATH-PHA50BT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OTACTCE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

it sounds better, has more power, has a longer battery, and has an analog volume knob. Tradeoff is you don't get any microphone functionality and the footprint is about twice the size of the BTS. 

Quote:

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #1,401 of 3,643
Wonder how  wired phones with a Bluetooth adaptor like the Noble BTS might compare with some of these bluetooth phones.

You might also want to consider the Creative Sound Blaster E3. That's what I use with my wired headphones, and it sounds really good to me. The problem is, I can't get over how silly it looks clipped to the headband, and having a wire anywhere else kind of defeats the purpose of using bluetooth.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,402 of 3,643
You might also want to consider the Creative Sound Blaster E3. That's what I use with my wired headphones, and it sounds really good to me. The problem is, I can't get over how silly it looks clipped to the headband, and having a wire anywhere else kind of defeats the purpose of using bluetooth.

Yes that does look an interesting and versatile bit of kit. Thanks

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #1,403 of 3,643
Hello all,
Is anyone has reviewed Sony MDR-ZX750BN, AKG Y45BT, and JBL E40BT.
They are all in the same price range.
Which one has the bass quality close to Backbeat Pro. This is my reference.
But you may give other opinion, thx.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,404 of 3,643
Finally!!!! Bose announces the SoundLink around-ear headphones II to be available 9/10/15. Gonna be first in line at the Bose store. Loved the sound of the on-ear ones but they hurt after a while of wear. Hopefully this will end my 2 year quest for BT's

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #1,406 of 3,643
Just got an email announcement about the "new" Matrix2 but I don't think it's actually any different than the existing Matrix2 feature-wise except for the new thicker/larger pads which I think would make a great difference in comfort. They're also available separately for a very reasonable price ($6.99):
http://www.meelec.com/MEE_audio_Expanded_Ear_Pads_p/pad-matrix2-bk-mee.htm?utm_source=MEElectronics+Newsletter&utm_campaign=22e9607793-MEEaudio_Matrix2_NewEarpads_Multipoint&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_56d6302509-22e9607793-20873273

Been purging my collection and have elected to keep my MDRZX770BN for the noise-canceling and comfort otherwise I'd pick up these pads.

PSA for the rest of you with Matrix2 (or contemplating them).

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #1,410 of 3,643

Users who are viewing this thread

Back