Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Feb 1, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,936 of 3,643
Have you experienced any issues with the ear cups coming apart yet? I've read that is a very common problem and another reason why I'm wondering whether I should wait for the new ones!

No problem with the 1st pair. I've used them daily for over a year now. Second pair are headphones-in-waiting still in the box. THIRD pair--which I just ordered  
blink.gif
 ($217 Amazon.us) should arrive from Japan next Monday-Thursday. I just listened to Fever Ray's 'Concrete Walls' and decided I must never be without these headphones. I'll deal with whatever comes up when it happens. (But, crap! I just spent my FiiO X7 Amplifier Module money...) 

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,937 of 3,643
 (But, crap! I just spent my FiiO X7 Amplifier Module money...) 

three pairs seem a bit too much to me.
There is no reason. One can fail, but two? And if the problem is the battery, they will all die together I suppose.
And, you will find them anyway in few years still. Much cheaper.

Delete the order and buy the amp. You need it more.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,938 of 3,643
Originally Posted by norbar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They connect fairly well though the range is nowhere near advertised at least in the office environment. I'd say 30m.
One thing that bothers me is the stoping music when I take my headphones off function. I know it can't remotely control my laptop and tv via bluetooth but even if the music can't be paused it could be muted. 
As for the sound. The mids arent as recessed as one can fear after reading the reviews. They only get hidden in bass heavy songs.

The range is not advertised because it is something which cannot be decided freely. It is organized in classes. Most BT audio devices are Class 2 which gives a standard of 10m (30ft).
Class 1 gives 100m (300ft) but only when both devices are class 1. So, supposedly, your Pro are working in Class 2 mode.
Anyway, the reality is that for whatever reason that nobody could ever explain to me, maybe the chip, maybe the antenna, the range is much different even among devices of same class.
Beats Studio Wireless and Backbeat Pro are among the ones with best range.

You should immediately upgrade the firmware of the headphones. Go in plantronics website and download their software.
This improves lot of things.
You can also activate and deactivate the head sensor (which pauses music when you take them off).
But, I do not understand what you mean about paused, control, muted. The head sensor DOES pause the music on your notebook, if the adapter you are using offers the remote profile. Normally, all internal and all usb bt transmitter do. Only 3.5 adapters don't support the remote. At least the Avantree.
For the bass, use EQ. Increase a bit the 30 to 90 and decrease 180 to 240.
You can push a bit of mids.too. But I agree, I always say they are not missing. They just get a bit back in the soundstage.

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #1,939 of 3,643
No problem with the 1st pair. I've used them daily for over a year now. Second pair are headphones-in-waiting still in the box. THIRD pair--which I just ordered  :blink:  ($217 Amazon.us) should arrive from Japan next Monday-Thursday. I just listened to Fever Ray's 'Concrete Walls' and decided I must never be without these headphones. I'll deal with whatever comes up when it happens. (But, crap! I just spent my FiiO X7 Amplifier Module money...) 

Good to hear that they've survived a year of constant use without falling apart as so many have mentioned!...Really am in 2 minds as to whether I should wait and see what comes out next? Ideally I wanted over ear but I keep thinking about how great they sounded when I tried them a while back!!

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,940 of 3,643
  three pairs seem a bit too much to me.
There is no reason. One can fail, but two? And if the problem is the battery, they will all die together I suppose.
And, you will find them anyway in few years still. Much cheaper.

Delete the order and buy the amp. You need it more.

INTERVENTION

Thanks, I needed that!

But...but...but...are you saying the battery wears out even if it's not being charged/drained regularly? And FiiO keeps delaying the amps, so this is a new month and I should be O.K. And when I bought my Harmon Kardon BT, I got the second to last pair from Amazon at full price (while you all got them so cheap earlier in the year.) The LAST pair where listed at $650.00!! But I DO have my eye on the M&D MW60...but...but...denial

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #1,941 of 3,643
  The range is not advertised because it is something which cannot be decided freely. It is organized in classes. Most BT audio devices are Class 2 which gives a standard of 10m (30ft).
Class 1 gives 100m (300ft) but only when both devices are class 1. So, supposedly, your Pro are working in Class 2 mode.
Anyway, the reality is that for whatever reason that nobody could ever explain to me, maybe the chip, maybe the antenna, the range is much different even among devices of same class.
Beats Studio Wireless and Backbeat Pro are among the ones with best range.

You should immediately upgrade the firmware of the headphones. Go in plantronics website and download their software.
This improves lot of things.
You can also activate and deactivate the head sensor (which pauses music when you take them off).
But, I do not understand what you mean about paused, control, muted. The head sensor DOES pause the music on your notebook, if the adapter you are using offers the remote profile. Normally, all internal and all usb bt transmitter do. Only 3.5 adapters don't support the remote. At least the Avantree.
For the bass, use EQ. Increase a bit the 30 to 90 and decrease 180 to 240.
You can push a bit of mids.too. But I agree, I always say they are not missing. They just get a bit back in the soundstage.

My Mac doesn't pause when i take my headphones off. Not for Spotify not for other sound sources. Maybe it will for itunes since putting the headphones on starts itunes automatically (which is idiotic). Still those are small problems. 

As for upgrading firmware. The firmware updater doesn't detect my headphones. I need to try it on my pc. Maybe it's an issue with my mac. Will have too see later when i go back home.

EDIT: OK. Mac picked them up. Updating.

One thing worth noting. Samsung claim some TVs don't support Bluetooth connectivity with headphones (even though it supports bluetooth pairing with the remote). It's worth going into the debug/engineers menu and seeing if it isn't just turned off. It was in mine. Now it supports bt headphones and I don't need no adapters.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #1,942 of 3,643

INTERVENTION

Thanks, I needed that!

But...but...but...are you saying the battery wears out even if it's not being charged/drained regularly? And FiiO keeps delaying the amps, so this is a new month and I should be O.K. And when I bought my Harmon Kardon BT, I got the second to last pair from Amazon at full price (while you all got them so cheap earlier in the year.) The LAST pair where listed at $650.00!! But I DO have my eye on the M&D MW60...but...but...denial

MW 60...indeed...how very expensive.  But the sound and the build.  Pretty darned excellent in both departments.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,944 of 3,643

(Isn't admitting you have a problem the first step?)

At school I have learned that problem = solution.
No solution = no problem.
A problem with no solution is a fact. Not a problem.
In this case, I do not see the problem :)
You buy what makes you happy, end of the story.
But I still believe that you should either buy the Fiio thing or another headphone.
I am not sure about your question, but my answer would be: the battery would surely degrade faster if you use it often. But all batteries degrade with time.
I am personally really not sure if it is economically more convenient to buy many of the same headphone so you (maybe, maybe not) have it for your whole life, or pay Philips to change the battery when needed.
But I still believe that there will be something better in the future...
I also think that Philips must open the eyes and see that the M2BT have problems.
They will probably make a better one.
And other Companies too :)
I love my ATH but if they die and I cannot find another unit, I go for something else.
Life is change. Trust the flow.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,948 of 3,643
I actually just wound up sending back my MW60's but they think I had a defective pair. Their was considerable bluetooth lag, constantly dropping connections, and the microphone was causing a weird issue where it was echoing.

I did love the sound, but my minor complaints are:

1) the ear cups don't rotate 90 degrees to lie flatly, which is nice when they're around my neck
2) the cup shapes didn't fit with my ear shape well, so I felt like I had to wear them too far back on my head

Unfortunately, the gunmetal is currently out of stock. I'm currently debating between:

1) Waiting for the MW60's to be back in stock and giving them another go
2) The Sony MDR-1ABTs so I can give LDAC a try. My library is all in ALAC, so I could start using a Walkman
3) Waiting for the Sony h.ear ON NC, but don't know the release date or street price
4) The B & O H7's. I've heard that the touch controls can be annoying and that they don't support Siri
5) The Sennheiser Momentum Wireless, since it seems the initial bluetooth connectivity issues have been solved

My primary concerns are:

1) Sound Quality
2) Latency (I sometimes play games on the subway)
3) Comfort/weight

Any thoughts from the above options or options I should consider instead would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #1,949 of 3,643
I actually just wound up sending back my MW60's but they think I had a defective pair. Their was considerable bluetooth lag, constantly dropping connections, and the microphone was causing a weird issue where it was echoing.

I did love the sound, but my minor complaints are:

1) the ear cups don't rotate 90 degrees to lie flatly, which is nice when they're around my neck

That's weird...hope it's a one off issue for you. In the review I did a little while back Jim did have the same complaints about the ear cups. If you like the sound give it another chance...but the senns are compelling alternatives.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,950 of 3,643
That's weird...hope it's a one off issue for you. In the review I did a little while back Jim did have the same complaints about the ear cups. If you like the sound give it another chance...but the senns are compelling alternatives.

I am leaning towards giving them another go. They also support AAC and Apt-X. My understanding is that the Senns do not, which makes them less compelling from a sound quality standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back