Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jan 30, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #1,922 of 3,643
I use the Sennheiser 500USB and love it. It has apt-X and is a sound card onto itself--or something. GioGio can explain better. Pairing process is a little tricky. BT 3.0

I also use the Azio BTD-V401 supports Bluetooth 4.0 and apt-X (Sennheiser Momentum 2, B&O H8, and BackBeat Pro can take advantage of this.)

I also use the Creative USB BT-W2 (BT 2.1) which supports apt-X Low Latency (Denon AHGC20, Sennheiser Momentum 2, BackBeat Pro.)

They'll all work with each other except one major irony (huh?): The Sennheiser Momentum 2's will not work with the Sennheiser 500USB. It just keeps looping around and around trying to pair up.

Hello can you confirm me in 1 thing does seinnheiser btd500 working with denon ah-gc 20 ? :D

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #1,923 of 3,643
Hello can you confirm me in 1 thing does seinnheiser btd500 working with denon ah-gc 20 ?
biggrin.gif

Yes, it does.

Oh, and WELCOME to Head-Fi!

Hey, don't I get a prize for 50+ Head-Fi'er? 
cool.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,924 of 3,643

Hey, don't I get a prize for 50+ Head-Fi'er? 
cool.gif

You mean for over 50 Headfier?
I am afraid you will have to be content with being the only person able to answer quite a few questions lately here.
I may have created a "monster" with my suggestions to you back then... Soon I can retire and leave all to you :D

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #1,926 of 3,643
I bought the plantronics sense from amazon they had a special offer £60 so i decided to get them ....I must say i was not looking for anything special with them but i was just curious to test plantronics out as a company ....

The first thing i will say is i was very impressed with the bluetooth range on these headphones it is just awesome it was reaching areas in my flat where my other bluetooth headphones would start stuttering , it didn't skip a beat and just played on like normal

Also the call quality is the best i have used on a pair of bluetooth headphones this company has chops when it comes to bluetooth telephony , most of the ones i use i am told i sound distant but these ones i sounded as if i was using a phone apparently,.

Battery life is 18hrs and it does not take long to charge it was about 1 hr..it also has a spoken voice telling you how much battery you have left when you put them on a great feature for me..

Now for the sound quality these use 32mm drivers..it has excellent mids and treble the only thing lacking is the bass its not very impactful but its there its just not a deep rumbling bass its there but light ...also they are very light on the head and it has a good clamp .

Nice volume controls on the side as well  and it has a very powerful bluetooth range, for the price they are great they have very articulate mids and treble but not for bassheads.. 

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #1,927 of 3,643
It's definitely not amp hiss, the amp hiss can also be heard but this is more of the low volume high pitch buzz, I suspect some kind of interference between the amp and the right speaker?

When I spoke to Philips they said they were aware of the symptom in "apparently" rare cases! I returned one pair and ordered another which ended up having the same problem but they were ordered from the same store so they could very well have been a bad batch?!

Well guys I just tried returning the M2BT to Amazon for another set and they have the same problem.  Now I'm faced with trying to go through Philips if I decide it's worth it to me to keep.  They said it could take up to 30 days to get a replacement.  By that time I will be out of my return time for Amazon.  I do like the fullness and bass that everyone has talked about at length here.  I did not have any bluetooth connectivity problems at all with 4-5 Apple devices and computers.  Decisions, decisions...  

PS - I so far can't find any other (non-shady) US stores/websites that have these so buying them at another retailer will be difficult.

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #1,929 of 3,643
So, the first brave and generous volunteer has gone through 20 pages of this thread and read all, and sent me the links to the post with relevant info.
So two more categories were created at the end of the opening post of the thread.
Please go there, read, and THANK @kayandjohn for the help by giving reputation to his post (linked before the two new lists).

beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #1,930 of 3,643
  maybe it's time to talk to @wyseman to find an alternative.
He is the M2BT expert now.

Alternative to what? Where to buy them, or what to buy instead?

They are only available as imports here (US). Amazon seems to be the place for that--they are all coming from Japan at the moment.

I've never had the hiss and/or buzz problems on 2 pairs, so I don't know how intolerable it is. I would keep them and start OCD-ing--like Giogio--for your second set of headphones and eventually become a headphone hoarder like me.

After all, isn't that what we were put on Earth for...to consume...compulsively...?

In my limited--albeit expert--experience 
dt880smile.png
, the B&W P5's and B&O H8's are the most similar to the M2BT's except for price, now that the M2BT's have dropped $ so much. (I paid $400 for my first pair.)

1wyseman has spoken.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #1,931 of 3,643
I just auditioned the Sennheiser momentum Bluetooth and I really liked them. Like OP said, they're really smooth, and while the bass is definitely a bit boomy, they were still enjoyable to me as I listen to a lot of hip hop, R&B and EDM type genres. But fit and finish was second to none for me. These definitely maintain that high quality aesthetic and feel that Sennheiser is known for.

They are definitely spendy though. I think I might try to save for a pair.

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,932 of 3,643
Well guys I just tried returning the M2BT to Amazon for another set and they have the same problem.  Now I'm faced with trying to go through Philips if I decide it's worth it to me to keep.  They said it could take up to 30 days to get a replacement.  By that time I will be out of my return time for Amazon.  I do like the fullness and bass that everyone has talked about at length here.  I did not have any bluetooth connectivity problems at all with 4-5 Apple devices and computers.  Decisions, decisions

I'm in a similar situation, I've previously had 2 pairs both with the same issue!

I'm considering buying a 3rd pair from Amazon UK this week to see if I can finally find a pair without the problem. Interestingly they seem to be getting quite hard to get hold of which makes me think they might be getting discontinued soon and a replacement could be getting released in the not too distant future??

As 1wysman has said, the H8's and P5's do sound similar and are both on ear! I've had the opportunity to test them along side the Aventree Audition Pro's over the last couple of weeks. In my opinion the Fidelio's sounded much more pleasing to my ears and are much cheaper too!

I was going to wait until I've received the latest pair of Fidelio's before writing a comparison between all the latest ones I've tested!

I will say I was pleasantly surprised by the Avantree Audition Pro's, especially considering their low price (£79 Amazon UK)!

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,933 of 3,643
I'm considering buying a 3rd pair from Amazon UK this week to see if I can finally find a pair without the problem. Interestingly they seem to be getting quite hard to get hold of which makes me think they might be getting discontinued soon and a replacement could be getting released in the not too distant future??

Yes, I'm living for the M3BT now.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #1,934 of 3,643
Yes, I'm living for the M3BT now.

I'm hoping for over ear like their Fidelio L2 wired counterpart! Could probably live with the size of the X2 also....but maybe that's going a little too far!

Have you experienced any issues with the ear cups coming apart yet? I've read that is a very common problem and another reason why I'm wondering whether I should wait for the new ones!

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #1,935 of 3,643
Ok. Finally got my Plantronics Backbeat pro. So far I'm positively impressed.

They connect fairly well though the range is nowhere near advertised at least in the office environment. I'd say 30m. One connectivity problem i noticed is the headphones are a bit harder to connect after you wander too far off and then want to reconect. Though it's a small problem. The build quality is nice. I actually don't mind plastic as long as it's decent quality. Everything is sturdy and It seems it will be more durable than my Audiotechnica ATH-A900 with MSRP of 300$. One thing that bothers me is the stoping music when I take my headphones off function. I know it can't remotely control my laptop and tv via bluetooth but even if the music can't be paused it could be muted. 

As for the sound. The mids arent as recessed as one can fear after reading the reviews. They only get hidden in bass heavy songs. It's the only type of songs that give the backbeats any real problem. When you get boomy, low frequency sounds the bass looses precision and becomes leaky. It's fun but imprecise and overshadows the rest of the spectrum because of that. It's the same reason why they work so good with the equalizer. If you cut the lows a bit you loose the overshadowing boom and the sound becomes more balanced. The stage is decent for closed headphones though ANC kills it as expected. I'd say soundwise they sound like 130$ headphones vs 180$ which they cost here. 

As for comfort. They are not the most comfy product on the market. The cups could be a bit bigger which would probably result in less stress on the ears. I assume the firmness of the cups comes from the fact that plantronics also wanted to give their product good passive isolation which I have to say is stellar. They fit my needs great. They are perfect if you need something for traveling, noisy commutes or the office but not if you want sports headphones (too big) or in something for the home 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back