Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Oct 12, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #1,501 of 3,643
That IS good news! (I am reverse quoting Master Oogway of Kung Fu Panda, but only the elected ones who have watched it 30 times like I did, will know exactly which part of the movie I refer to).
Do you know if this is valid for the On Ear version too?

I absolutely loved the Momentum Over Ear!
I was very sad having to send them back for the bass was not on par with the AHT.
On other aspects the Momentum were imo superior to the ATH. Or at least complementary, because they are different, and well, I would have use them for different music.
The Momentum imo cannot do so well aggressive music. It is a lady headphone, meaning not a headphone for ladies, but a princess, refined, elegant, soft sounding.
It does not lack bass at all. Just, I need more :D

Did you notice any difference in the sound? I wonder if Sennheiser just opened each headphone and changed the BT chip, or if they did all from zero (I do not know which of the two would have been cheaper) and eventually improved the drivers too.

As far as I was informed by Sennheiser the only things they did were changing a capacitor on the pcb that choked once more (too much) power was drawn by the Bluetooth circuitry and upgrading to a newer software release. The rev02 sounds exactly the same, including the long and laborious break-in period :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #1,502 of 3,643
  I knew I would have been immediately trapped in the answering process.
This thread is a time devouring machine!

<snip>

About the Sony, not yet tried (I was and am very much busy), but if I remember well somebody here said that the new 1ABT are better, and a bit more bassy. And you can get them in Amazon (while you do not find the 1RBTMK2 if not as Import, with problems in case of return).

This means you have here 2 which you can buy on Amazon and eventually send back if not satisfied. Amazon rocks, I always prefer Amazon if I can, their support is also excellent.
Personally, if you have enough money to invest for 30 days, I would buy two or the three of them. As you know, I always suggest to buy at least two, because only by comparing side by side you understand headphones.

Thanks for your extensive answer. For your own sake, please don't trapp that much! :)
If the new 1ABT is better I won't buy the 1RBT MK2. I can buy a second hand on Ebay but if it's not ok for me than I think I have to sell it with loss of money. I can't buy the ATH-WS99 or 1RBT on Amazon.de. But yes, the return policy of amazon is great!

1) had a Sony MDR-1RBT MK2
Comfortable, good mid end punch, awesome voice clarity but no real bass especially the sub bass extension..In some tracks you know theres a bass line coming but you wont hear it in this headphone..gave it to my uncle..

2) Bought Philips M2BT
Good sub bass, but its on-ear headphone, getting them comfortably sit on correct position on your ear is tricky, especially if you have larger ears, if you slightly misplace it a few mm you wont hear the bass at all, not as comfortable as over ear so returned it..

3) ATH WS99BT
The King of bluetooth headphone I would say, has more than everything..monstrous bass response, clarity and it will respond to any kind of equalization..I use Viper4Android and the output from this headphone is speechless, It slightly lacks the sub bass rumble but if you turn on the (dynamic bass system) in viper it fills the gap..it details clearly at any volume levels without mudding anything..I have bought HM5 leather earpads and it fits comfortably..
Thanks to this man giogio for his advice..

Many thanks for this reply! I think I will buy the Audio technica. It's a lot of money oncluding customs but it should be worth it. I have one question left: does the AT have controls on the earpad to skip a song?

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,503 of 3,643
Many thanks for this reply! I think I will buy the Audio technica. It's a lot of money oncluding customs but it should be worth it. I have one question left: does the AT have controls on the earpad to skip a song?

Definitely worth it...But be sure to also buy a brainwavz hm5 earpads for them, It will fit very perfectly and its very very comfortable than the stock earpads on the WS99BT which is more like On-ear instead of Over-ear..

So HM5 is a must and you also get better bass..
But if you have small ears and ok with stock then its fine..

Yes the headphone has controls to skip the song, just long press on the vol +/- buttons

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,505 of 3,643
be sure to also buy a brainwavz hm5 earpads for them, It will fit very perfectly and its very very comfortable than the stock earpads on the WS99BT which is more like On-ear instead of Over-ear..

I would like to say (which I think I have said already long ago) that I have tried the earpads of the Razer Kraken Headphones. They fit well on the ATH, are much thicker than the stock ones, and their inner diameter is also a bit bigger (1cm). They look much more discrete than the ATH, so that I personally use them when I use the ATH outdoor (which does not happens often, because for outdoor I prefer the much more portable AKG Y45BT), and the HM5 at home.
So, basically, you can forget about the Kicker earpads, which are (at least in EU, very difficult if not impossible to find. These Razer are better for the AHT.
They are also better than the ones of the AKG K845BT, which have some mm more inner diameter but are much thinner (just a bit thicker than the stock ones).

Originally Posted by musicfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't buy the ATH-WS99 or 1RBT on Amazon.de. But yes, the return policy of amazon is great!
Many thanks for this reply! I think I will buy the Audio technica. It's a lot of money oncluding customs but it should be worth it

Yes but you can buy the 1ABT and the Beoplay H8 on Amazon. And compare them with the ATH and decide which you prefer.
About the Custom there may be a little problem which I have forgotten to mention: the ATH are not CE ready. They do not have the symbol of things which are compatible with the CE norms.
I was lucky, the women at the Custom did not notice the first time. But when I had to send the ATH back once and I had to retire the new ones again at the Custom, they said "oh, these cannot pass". I explained they had let them pass once and smiled a lot and, well, got them pass.
Not sure how it is there.
Anyway, where I live now it is a bit different, I am not forced to go to the Custom, as I do not live in the same City of the Custom. I had to ship them the Invoice, and they have shipped the thing to me. They have never opened the box, they cannot, if you are not there.
So, maybe this would work for you.

Hello

I planned to buy the the ATH WS99BT and looked for more information on it online and after some research
i found that it's battery last only 6-8 hours???
If someone could clarify this it would be very halpefull.

Thans!

10 to 12 hours for me.
But yes, I did notice they last less than the Fidelio for example.
Unfortunately they are BT3, so they miss the Low Energy of the BT4.
How much energy they consume, anyway, it depends on how loud you listen to them, and how much you crank the bass up (I did it again!, bass up, ihihih. Ops, wait a moment, I realize now that nobody if not Spanish and Italian people will understand that. Basso in Italian, and Bajo in Spanish, means down. So, bass up = down up. Now I understand why nobody commented my joke before. The bad of speaking 4 languages is that things get mixed up sometimes. And getting old does not help :) )
So, back to the ATH, they may consume more if you use them at max of their potential. But this is a tricky thing, think about it: no other headphone can reach that potential. So, if you need THAT potential, forget all the rest and go for the ATH. If you want Battery life and easy, boosted but not extreme bass, go for the Backbeat Pro.
What do you want?

Not everyone on the Momentum thread appears to believe Sennheiser's response re the box though.

I did not understand that. Can you reformulate?

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the Pendulumic, I still owe them a Review of the Stance! I will, I will, promise.
The Onkyo are on my list since the Cnet article about CES2015. (EDIT: I was referring to the OKH-M1BT, but you maybe refer to the In Ear?)

Man, you wrote the post 1500!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!

I recently got my hands on the not yet released V-Moda Crossfade wireless and I really liked what I hear. Soundquality was top and they work absolutely fab as wired headphones too. The best V-Modas I have heard so far and I am planning on getting a pair once they are released.

That is a very useful new, thanks for it! I am definitive wanting to test them! I have been wishing a BT V-Moda long time!
I only hope that Grado and other Hi-Fi Companies will give a chance to BT someday...

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #1,506 of 3,643

Good to know! This headphone seems so right, it would be unfortunate  if the skip funtion wasn' implemented, like the AKG 845BT.

At first i will try the standard earpads, the Ebay seller doesn't sell the Brainwaves....

The AKG K845BT do have a skip function.
It is the button between the vol up and the vol down. You press it once for pause, twice for next track, trice for previous track.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #1,507 of 3,643
Originally Posted by Giogio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did not understand that. Can you reformulate?

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the Pendulumic, I still owe them a Review of the Stance! I will, I will, promise.
The Onkyo are on my list since the Cnet article about CES2015. (EDIT: I was referring to the OKH-M1BT, but you maybe refer to the In Ear?)

Yes I was referring to the in ear. The on ear one looks good too but not really as unique as the in ear one with its 2 separate ear buds.

What I meant with the Momentum was that When people complained about getting the REV01 and Sennheiser said they were actually the REV02 but sent in the REV01 box due to box shortage / rush of trying to get the headphones back out there. Some people though were suspicious of that response and thought Sennheiser were trying to give them the old model and were intending to test them out to be sure.

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #1,508 of 3,643
  I would like to say (which I think I have said already long ago) that I have tried the earpads of the Razer Kraken Headphones. They fit well on the ATH, are much thicker than the stock ones, and their inner diameter is also a bit bigger (1cm). They look much more discrete than the ATH, so that I personally use them when I use the ATH outdoor (which does not happens often, because for outdoor I prefer the much more portable AKG Y45BT), and the HM5 at home.
<snip>
Yes but you can buy the 1ABT and the Beoplay H8 on Amazon. And compare them with the ATH and decide which you prefer.
About the Custom there may be a little problem which I have forgotten to mention: the ATH are not CE ready. They do not have the symbol of things which are compatible with the CE norms.
I was lucky, the women at the Custom did not notice the first time. But when I had to send the ATH back once and I had to retire the new ones again at the Custom, they said "oh, these cannot pass". I explained they had let them pass once and smiled a lot and, well, got them pass.
Not sure how it is there.

Hmmm I will look at the customs and CE stuff. I thought that in The netherlands PostNL as mail company is taking care of this, they pass it on to the custom.

I want to use the ATH outdoor, so I hope they are portable enough with the stock or Razer kraken pads. Besides, what do you mean by more portable? Less big / bulky? Or is the weight of the ATH to heavvy for you?

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,509 of 3,643
Sennheiser said they were actually the REV02 but sent in the REV01 box due to box shortage / rush of trying to get the headphones back out there.

Surprisingly not very professional from Sennheiser, and not a particularly clever way to proceed given the already great scandal.
I cannot understand that.
Really.

Hmmm I will look at the customs and CE stuff. I thought that in The netherlands PostNL as mail company is taking care of this, they pass it on to the custom.

I want to use the ATH outdoor, so I hope they are portable enough with the stock or Razer kraken pads. Besides, what do you mean by more portable? Less big / bulky? Or is the weight of the ATH to heavvy for you?

You may want to check on Ebay, sometimes some sellers offers a "global" shipping which includes import duties. This would much simplify all.
Amazon too, when they are the sender (even if not the seller) offer that.

Otherwise search them on Rakuten Global. You find good price there.
They are not heavy at all, and I find them as much portable as any Over Ear BT Headphone, actually more than many other Over Ear.
Just, an On Ear will almost always be more portable, and the AKG Y45BT are the most portable (among the High End ones) together with the Bose (imo more than the Bose).
I suggest you buying both earpads than, the Razer ones for outdoor, and the HM5 to experiment and see if you like the sound more, and the comfort, and want to put them on at home.
Buy two versions of the HM5, the leatherette and the velour. The velour has less bass boost effect but also more neutral to the original ATH sound. And they somehow look better, smaller, which may be interesting if you end liking them more than the Razer, you may want to just use always the HM5 velour, home and outdoor.

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #1,510 of 3,643
  You may want to check on Ebay, sometimes some sellers offers a "global" shipping which includes import duties. This would much simplify all.
Amazon too, when they are the sender (even if not the seller) offer that.

Otherwise search them on Rakuten Global. You find good price there.

I know this global shipping option, but I haven't seen it at the ATH-WS99BT. At the moment, the lowest price on Ebay is $192, with $24 shipping costs. On Amazon.com the cheapest option is $211, with $10 shipping costs. Including customs it's about $290. On rakuten they are more expensive, $251 excl. shipping.

Nice to hear the ATH is also suitable for portable use. After I get him I will digg into the earpads. :)

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,511 of 3,643
I have few questions, could anyone pls let me know 

I have iphone 6 and Philips M2BT headphones

1) In this case, can I assume that by default the codec should be AAC? as both supports AAC codec

2) If it supports AAC, then if I play itunes music then it doesn't mean it has to transcode again right as it can transmit aac straight thru

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,513 of 3,643
I just wanted to write a quick comparison of the ws99bt vs the mdr-1abt. I have had the audio technica's for several months now and just picked up the 1abt's because of some comments on here.

But in my opinion the sony's are much better overall.

They have
-slightly better build quality
-more comfortable
-clearer, fuller sound
-just as much bass
-smoother treble

The only thing again in my opinion the audio technica's are better at is sheer volume. They can get extremely loud.

I also have a set of crossfade wireless on order and hopefully they will be here within the next week or so.

I would like to see some comparison's between the 1abt's and the momentum 2 wireless. (as I am thinking about picking a pair of these up as well).

So I will probably be selling the ws99bt's.

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,514 of 3,643
I have few questions, could anyone pls let me know 

I have iphone 6 and Philips M2BT headphones

1) In this case, can I assume that by default the codec should be AAC? as both supports AAC codec

2) If it supports AAC, then if I play itunes music then it doesn't mean it has to transcode again right as it can transmit aac straight thru

2) I think transcoding still takes place so it's better to use lossless or high rate lossy (320kbps)

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,515 of 3,643
I just wanted to write a quick comparison of the ws99bt vs the mdr-1abt. I have had the audio technica's for several months now and just picked up the 1abt's because of some comments on here.

But in my opinion the sony's are much better overall.

They have
-slightly better build quality
-more comfortable
-clearer, fuller sound
-just as much bass
-smoother treble

The only thing again in my opinion the audio technica's are better at is sheer volume. They can get extremely loud.

I also have a set of crossfade wireless on order and hopefully they will be here within the next week or so.

I would like to see some comparison's between the 1abt's and the momentum 2 wireless. (as I am thinking about picking a pair of these up as well).

So I will probably be selling the ws99bt's.

Thanks for this post. I have the 1abt and I'm very happy with it. I was curious about the ws99bt but I'll probably leave it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back