HP-TWF11R Pro vs. Monster Turbines vs. Hippo VB
Aug 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jc222284

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head Fi'ers today I was trolling head-fi to find some new IEMs for my birthday coming up soon because I really need a new pair of IEMs. I am currently using ATH-M50s which I love! and Bose triport IEMs which IMO sound horrible No Bass, mids are very recessed, and highs are are very harsh. For my birthday I was going to get a JDSLabs CmoyBB 2.0.3 If that helps at all. What I was looking for are IEM with powerful sub-bass/bass, clean mids not recessed, and clear highs not harsh. Overall balanced but with alot of sub-bass/bass :D. I was looking at the following headphones because they seem to meet these expectations. I am also looking for comfort, nice isolation, and of course sound quality duh.

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 11
Take out the Denons, first you will be disappointed by their sound since to me they don't sound like $150 IEMs, second and most important they have the worst cable ever of any IEM i have ever used/seen. Its too short by about half a foot without the extension and about a foot too long with the extension and too heavy. The cable is also extremely thin and cheap feeling, if you look at it too hard it will snap. That being said I'm happy with them but I paid pretty much nothing for them because of a clearance sale at Worst Best Buy. Just stretch the budget by $10 and get some TF10 and hope your ears can fit the Frankenstein plugs

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Take out the Denons, first you will be disappointed by their sound since to me they don't sound like $150 IEMs, second and most important they have the worst cable ever of any IEM i have ever used/seen. Its too short by about half a foot without the extension and about a foot too long with the extension and too heavy. The cable is also extremely thin and cheap feeling, if you look at it too hard it will snap. That being said I'm happy with them but I paid pretty much nothing for them because of a clearance sale at Worst Best Buy. Just stretch the budget by $10 and get some TF10 and hope your ears can fit the Frankenstein plugs

LOL Frankenstein plugs. I was looking I found $100 Monster Turbines and $80 Hippo VB. It would be great to get 2 IEMs. Do you think those are any good? because to be honest the HP-TWF11R pro's look VERY uncomfortable.

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 11
No, be VERY wary of the TF10s!! I love the sound but find them almost unbearable to wear. They are by far the most uncomfortable IEMs I have ever owned.

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
No, be VERY wary of the TF10s!! I love the sound but find them almost unbearable to wear. They are by far the most uncomfortable IEMs I have ever owned.

They do look very uncomfortable.

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:

I dont even know why I have the denons on there ive heard some much bad reviews on them Im going to take them of my list

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #10 of 11
Have you ever heard the turbines or the hippo VBs on a BB amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back