How is the Audio-GD C2 amp?
Aug 18, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #32 of 67

Quote:
ive decided that i will in fact go for the nfb-10 ! :) with balanced operation because i heard by many people that it is better sonically.

also you said that you have to buy directly from audio gd, ive looked on your profile and it says you live in paris? im not sure if they do but ampcity might ship there :)

Ampcity ship to Paris ^^ but i made a price comparaison (c2.1+ACSS cables) beetween :

Buying from audiophonics (france) = 401.5 € 

AmpCity with shipping = 385 € (at the current change trade)

Audio GD = 320 € (with shipping) and about +45 € euros from customs (should be the same  , when i ordered my NFB2 directly from audio GD i had to pay 45 € for customs)

My conclusion is done , i will place my order next week .

Quote:
I prefer the sound of the C2 on non balanced headphones to the NFB-10 and yes I have compared them directly using Sennheiser HD800s and AKG702 headphones.

Regards

Macrog

Could you be a bit more explicit , difference was huge or ? just a slighy preference for the C2

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #33 of 67

Quote:
How is the Audio-GD C2 amp?  

Very good indeed....I purchased the C-2 right when it came out and have been enjoying it ever since....Audio-GD has some great gear...

Get me out of this site.....lol

once you have tasted audio GD products XD ,

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #35 of 67

Quote:
I prefer the sound of the C2 on non balanced headphones to the NFB-10 and yes I have compared them directly using Sennheiser HD800s and AKG702 headphones.

Regards

Macrog

I'd also be interested in a bit more info 
biggrin.gif

Just to confirm, you were using the single-ended (RCA) output from the NFB-10 with the C-2 or CAST? What version of the NFB-10 was it? ES or WM? Have you compared the single-ended output from the NFB-10 with any other DACs? Can you comment on the performance of the NFB-10 as a single-ended DAC?

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #37 of 67
Finnaly Got my C2.1 AMP  this will be my very first impressions ...

First thing replacing the 2* OPA604 by  2 * Opa MOON .

(For a direct comparaison to my M-Stage also using 1 OPa Moon (dual this one)

But : 

M-Stage is fully burned (for those you believe in burning) + 1000h (at least) .

OPA MOON on m-stage : something beetween 350-400 hours .

C2.1 just received today soo ...

2* OPa moon single never used Before .

Source : NFB-2 (DIR 9001) (directly feaded) By my motherboard (P6T6 WS revolution using AD2000B chip) Coax . (peraphs the weakest link)

IN RCA mode (direct compairason with M-Stage) .

Difference is Not obvious the C2.1 for me  is better but by a small margin . 

comparaing the C2.1 in ACSS and the M-Stage with OPA MOON is another thing ...

C2.1 + NFB-2 really shine here . 

More details , better instrument separation , tonnaly muche more neutral , more dynamism , the sound is less " slobber" (baveux) (sorry don't find an adequate translation :p) .

i had wow factor hearing : Piano Concerto No. 2, Rachmaninov , The Piano sounded pleasent using M-Stage with OPA MOON ... but with C2.1 using ACSS ... tonaly , the timbre  WOW much more life like ... 

I can say the same thing with guitars (in wishmaster , Nightwish) , **** this sounds like a real one :p , or very close XD) .

etc 

Well like i said this is just some impressions in the first hours of use . 

When C2.1 will reach 300 hours i will try to do a real comparaison , more detailed 
dt880smile.png

(if i can keep the M-Stage until that ...) . 

C2.1 with ACSS seams neutral like AUdio GD say . and at this point ACSS > RCA  by a large margin . 

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #39 of 67
^^ thx , don't forget to give your impression on NFB-10 when you'll get it :wink: will have a look in the nfb-10 thread :p

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #40 of 67
Nice impressions-but rest assured that most AGD poducts improve considerably with burn-in. Like 500 hours lol. Be sure to post more ACSS/RCA impressions down the line if you could. It seems every- other person likes one over the other, so perhaps that will change with burn in as well. I'm probably placing an order this week for the C-2.1 to pair with my AD2000s, as I found them to work extremely well with the C-2 SA, and I'm thinking the smooth Class A C-2.1 will do wonders for them as well, with the Earth OPA. I won't be able to use the ACSS though, so more RCA impressions would be nice.

Also, when did you place your order? What headphones are you using with it?

-Daniel

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #42 of 67

Quote:
Nice impressions-but rest assured that most AGD poducts improve considerably with burn-in. Like 500 hours lol. Be sure to post more ACSS/RCA impressions down the line if you could. It seems every- other person likes one over the other, so perhaps that will change with burn in as well. I'm probably placing an order this week for the C-2.1 to pair with my AD2000s, as I found them to work extremely well with the C-2 SA, and I'm thinking the smooth Class A C-2.1 will do wonders for them as well, with the Earth OPA. I won't be able to use the ACSS though, so more RCA impressions would be nice.

Also, when did you place your order? What headphones are you using with it?

-Daniel

i was planing first to go for a C2-SA  but ended with a C2.1 . But yeah i will post more impressions about ACSS and RCA but not before one month (time to get used to the sound and the burning effect .) And i am not surprised to see a AD2000 working well with C2-SA , will it work even better with C2.1 i don't know ^^ . 

ATM for me ACSS is a step above .

Placed my Order the 27/08/2011 08/27/2011 , shipped 30/08/2011 08/30/2011 , at home 5/09/2011  09/05/2011.

Currently using a K702 (about 600 H on it) . 

Quote:
sure, havok, u might just have to wait about 1 month though :)

No prob :p

Sep 6, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #43 of 67
My only complaint about the C2-SA was that it seemed to lack in bass impact, but not extension. But it more than made up for it with astounding tonality, completely BLACK noise floor, and airy presentation. It was an extremely musical sounding amp, but never strayed far from neutrality either. It thoroughly trounced my m-Stage, Concerto, and E9 (lol) for both my AD2Ks and DT 880s I had at the time. Unbelievable amp, and it wasn't even Class A. It's still boggles my mind how they weren't selling like hotcakes, being as it put 6 WATTS into 50 ohms (ORTHOS)-which still hasn't been matched by any amps yet other than the Dark Star as far as I know. It honestly sounds a lot like what a V200 probably sounds like, based on my reading of it-although I'm sure the Violectric isn't lacking in bass impact by any means lol. Here's to hoping that the C-2.1 can carry on that magic for me, with perhaps a little more bass impact.

-Daniel

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #44 of 67
Have had the C-2.1 for quite a while now. It has always been a safe choice it works well with all my headphones particularly those that is a bit on the aggressive side like the ED 8 and HD 800..  Has a somewhat liquid sound using ACSS or Opa Earth. . Perhaps a bit to much for the LCD-2 Rev1 at times but the Rev2 is totally spectacular on it. Spooky realistic soundstage, voices comes through superbly. As for bass drive has as much as any solid state amp I tried it´s not lacking in any area with the LCD-2. It punches when it´s called for not otherwise. By far the best bang for buck amp I encountered looking at the build quality, sound, connections all.

I was also initially looking for the C-2SA but by the description I was afraid it would be to warm for my LCD-2 which is what really matters at this point for me. Same reason I never got the moon opamp. I tried it with ACSS through my DAC19 and RCA out of my Ref9. When I a-bed it on the DAC19 there wasn´t much difference between the earth and RCA. The RCA add perhaps a touch of warmth which many may actually appreciate if anything. I would fail in blind tests surely though.

Can really recommend it at this price point. Compared to my other solid state amplifiers have it a somewhat more dreamy sound. Very subtle maybe it´s a colouration but not in such a way it will disturb most I believe. Extremely easy listening for marathon sessions. 

Sep 7, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #45 of 67
Oqvist, thanks for chiming in! I was actually gonna pm you about this amp since you have also tried the V200 at one point. Can you give me some comparisons between the two? I was looking really hard at the V200, but I have a feeling that the C-2.1 would probably be on par with it based on the C2-SA I had. It's good to know that it works great with agressive headphones because I plan on pairing it with my Pro 2900s and AD2000, along with the Earth opamp. Does it smooth out the deadly Ultrasone treble in your opinion?

-Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back