How do you carry around expensive IEMs with you?
Mar 23, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #76 of 113
in my inside coat pocket, reserved solely for my mp3 player and iems. I find the UE crush proof case to be too bulky. I may have a rethink if I get full customs. I can see the need to protect your purchase against unwanted damage, but taking it out and putting back into a case everytime i listen to music (which is a lot) is way too much hassle. And in the inside coat pocket, i'm unlikely to sit on them or do any damage, as usually people don't suffer many impacts in the chest area. Plus most of the time I don't carry a bag, I like to go around unencumbered, so space for an otterbox at all.

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #80 of 113
I travel a lot.... especially since I'm in med school away from home so I use this to carry my iems around and a pelican case for my customs

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #83 of 113

Quote:
Haha, warranties help!

I carry my ER4's in the case it came with inside my pocket.  It always stays on me...I tell my wife no when she offers to carry it, etc..

If it ever gets stolen, I'll be ordering a new pair as soon as I get home. 

Same here! It's a nice little pouch actually. Also, I don't like putting the ER4s in my pocket bc all the pocket lint get's on the tips :/

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #85 of 113
Cripes.. I carry 4 pelican cases. Two of the small 1010s, 1 for my customs and the other for my misc. LODs and interconnects. One 1020 for my arrow 3g and iPod Classic and a 1040 for my RxMKII/Solo. Thank God for having to always have my backpack with me for work.

As you can tell I like pelican but honestly when I carry thousands of dollars with of gear everywhere I go I like have some protection... and no, not a gun. 
smile.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #86 of 113
Used the pouch that came with my MTPC, the clam pouch. Pretty good though it doesn't offer much protection. If i don't use my iems, i will take them out and put them in the pouch

Sometimes i see people hanging their earphones over their neck when they aren't using it, IMO hanging it over your neck is bad because you might somehow pull it accidentally without knowing

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #89 of 113

Quote:
TekeRugburn: what's that logo on your customs?

It's the logo for my college i went to ungrad for....The University of Oklahoma.  Oh how I wish I was still in undergrad sometimes

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #90 of 113
good looking out on the otterboxes, i think i will have to order one from amazon.

in other regards, usually my go to case for IEMs is the metal one that came with the triple fi's.  sturdy as hell, good space, seal... can just throw them in the bag if necessary, although I don't do that.

the generic or shure round cases aren't too bad either, though they can feel kind of cramp sometimes and you have to take more time to carefully coil the wires to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back