How do you afford list
May 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #16 of 112
A person with a lucrative job who suffers from chronic fiscal irresponsibility is not in any better position to afford expensive audio gear than a person who lives paycheck to paycheck working a 9-to-5 blue collar job.

May 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #20 of 112

Quote:
What do you mean "oil."??

Can I say "cat" and show pictures of an expensive Lion or Chesire cat and share that? 

Or say "whore" and show a nice looking model?

I imagine he means oil investments... like the buying and trading of one of the world's most important commodities.

May 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #21 of 112
I understood that entirely.  I wrote it in jest because he also showed pictures of a Ferrari as if that were supposed to mean something.  Those could be stock pictures. 

Posting a Roland which costs 400k (depending on where you live) and Grados for less than a g next to a 300k item colors me skeptical.  I give credit though since the ground in both pics looks similar.  I'm just skeptical. Also, he only has two posts.  

May 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #23 of 112
keep on saving....... yep yep just keep on saving........ newwwwww headphones........ hrmmmmm........ no i want a new amp........ oh but you have the money for the headphones now.......... damn!!!!!!!

yeah all i can say is having the right attitude to saving is everything.

May 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #24 of 112

Quote:
A person with a lucrative job who suffers from chronic fiscal irresponsibility is not in any better position to afford expensive audio gear than a person who lives paycheck to paycheck working a 9-to-5 blue collar job.

this. i have a cousin who's a doctor. he makes over $200,000 a year and has no kids. but because he spends money like a madman, he told me has over $100k in credit card debt and now has terrible credit, so he can't buy a home or get new credit cards.

i, on the other hand, make a lot less money than him, live in Manhattan, and have zero debt. i don't buy anything i don't have the cash for.

May 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #26 of 112

Quote:
hi PeskyPesky nice profile picture! :)

and go you and no debt!

lol. i was confused for a couple of seconds when i saw your post above mine with the same profile pic. i've actually been thinking of having that image done as a tattoo.

May 9, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #27 of 112
Like everything in life it's about finding the right balance .

Some live to work and can afford the expensive gear but don't have much free time to enjoy it .Though some may get lucky have lots of cash without having to work much for it.
Some Don't work at all ,they have the time but can't afford much gear .

I work to live . I work just long enough to be able to maintain a decent standard of Audio equipment.

And of course the Biggest balance to get right is health .Looking after ourselves and the planet is the foundation that all our pleasures rest upon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back