How do I get most out of my Sennheiser HD 600s? I'm a noob HELP!
Aug 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #32 of 44
IMO, get the HD650, i personally have a pair HD580 (which is basically the exact same thing aside from the physical differences), and it is great (even tho now i mainly run other cans).. however, the 650 has a better scalability and the it reflects the quality of ur setup.. give it a crappy one, then it wont even sound decent, but pair it with a very nice, (hi end, but then again, hi end doesnt literally mean great performance/synergy). 600 is absolutely fine but it wont improve as much as a 650..

the standard upgrade nowadays is pretty much a cardas cable, or u can also use a hd650 cable for the hd 600..

DO NOT GET BEATS, THEY ARE BASICALLY OVERPRICED GARBAGE. I am not a hater, i like monster's turbine products but not the beats line.. if u want something cheaper, try the M50.. bw HD650s bass is better than the 600, but 600 is more balanced and has a faster pace.. 

just my $0.02 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #33 of 44
wow, you've really never played with audio equipment at all have you.  You'll need an RCA-mini adapter - actually, I'd recco using a cable that has a mini jack on one end and RCA on the other.  Though if you do this you'll be skipping the DAC part of the e7 and the amp part of the e7 really isn't powerful enough to make a difference with the hd600.  If that's what you were going to do I'd get the newer, better, more powerful and cheaper e11.  You also sound like you'd like the hd650 better.

Quote:
Yea I'm not an audio fiend....not yet anyway.

So I decided to get the HD 600s and I'll probably get that portable E7 amp. So I think there is only one input for the source on the E7, so how would I use my 360 with the amplifier? I need to plug in two Red/White cables. How's this gonna work?

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #34 of 44
Yea I was reading around and seeing that the amps weren't working so we with the HD 600s. I already bought my 600s and are awaiting their arrival in the mail. How can the e11 be more powerful than the e7 and be cheaper? Will the e11 make my music sound better?

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #35 of 44

Quote:
Yea I was reading around and seeing that the amps weren't working so we with the HD 600s. I already bought my 600s and are awaiting their arrival in the mail. How can the e11 be more powerful than the e7 and be cheaper? Will the e11 make my music sound better?

The E11 is a dedicated amp, so it'll drive higher-impedance headphones better since it has much more power than the E7. As for quality, it's only as good as your source. The E17 will be as powerful as the E11 and will sport a better DAC than the E7, but no one really knows when that's coming out. 
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #36 of 44
Hey OP, I think you should search the forums for "HD600 amp" and include your budget in the search criteria--that ought to get you some leads on the matter.

You'll also want to read up on DACs, because the fact that you're asking how the E11 can sound better than the E7 despite being cheaper suggests you were unaware the E7 has a DAC section--and is in fact one of its strongest selling points.

General advice for amplification: price isn't an absolute indicator of quality, but you do tend to get what you pay for. If your budget doesn't allow for an amp that the majority of people agree on is good for the HD600, you're probably better off just saving up till you can get one.

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #37 of 44
if uve spend money on a good headphone like the 600, then its time to invest in a better setup, say get the HRT Music Streamer II + (if ur source is a computer/laptop) and a good amp like the schiit asgard (250 bucks) 
wink_face.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #38 of 44
Ok now I'm thinking I'd rather go for a home amp rather than a portable amp. I saw some suggestions on the Gilmore Lite, but I can't find a price for it because I can't find it on eBay or Amazon and I can't even find a review on YouTube or any video when I searched for it. What?

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #39 of 44

Quote:
Ok now I'm thinking I'd rather go for a home amp rather than a portable amp. I saw some suggestions on the Gilmore Lite, but I can't find a price for it because I can't find it on eBay or Amazon and I can't even find a review on YouTube or any video when I searched for it. What?

Now you're talking!

Why do you assume a Gilmore Lite must be sold via Amazon or eBay? And it's not entirely surprising that there's no video for it--I mean, it's an amp, how much can a video review show you about how a piece of electronic kit sounds?

What you should have done was just Google "Gilmore Lite": http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gilmore+lite

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #40 of 44
How much do they go for? I'd really only like to spend no more than $250 and if I had to do that then I probably couldn't get it right away with my headphones.

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #42 of 44

Quote:
How much do they go for? I'd really only like to spend no more than $250 and if I had to do that then I probably couldn't get it right away with my headphones.

there is a button on top called search : ), i think you can find em easily at for sale section

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #43 of 44
You could also just get an e9 which can power just about anything and is super cheap- $99.  It's a very good amp for the money.  It's popular so it will be easy to sell. and it will give you a chance to get started and then think about what you really want.  But the e11 is still cheaper and will still power a lot of headphones.

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #44 of 44

Quote:
How bout this...are there any headphones that are Hugh end and cost around $250-350 that won't require an amp but can still be improved with one, yet still sound amazing just listening to an iPod?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/567149/my-200-and-under-basshead-s-buyers-guide

http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/

For amps, Mike did a less than $100 shootout:

http://www.headfonia.com/music-on-a-budget-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout/

Good Luck!

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back