How big a headphone would you wear when commuting? ( Trains, buses etc)
Mar 22, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #47 of 102
Used to ride street (bmx) wearing Philips HP550's 4-6 hours a day.  At night, blasting my cans in my "black-out" gear (dark clothes, bike was matte black/raw) just assumed nobody saw me, never had issues.  They did protect my head on a few occasions, worked pretty well for side-impact protection from the ground.

Nowadays, I'll wear my Technics on the train/walking but I always feel odd and they're very low profile DJ style cans so I normally stick to IEM's unless I get irritated with them (can never get both ears to fit properly at the same time).

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #48 of 102
As of today my Sony MDR v6
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #49 of 102
I would wear LCD2 in the street if I had one.  It is not uncommon in London to see people in full size cans although I am still quite self conscious about it when I do go out in one.

Apr 9, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #51 of 102
I am pretty immune about strange stares now....

Quote:
LOL :p

I know exactly what youre talking about. That said, I don't pay serious attention to my music when I'm outside so bassy iem's are more fun for me.
basshead.gif

Apr 9, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #52 of 102
Nothing bigger than the ES7. Preferrably something with cups the size of the PX200-II without the stupid looking padding on the headband. I keep my hair ultra short. Looks like a mini bra on my head. The flatter (the lowest profile possible) the headband, the better. Also hate it when the arms that holds the cups stick out.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #53 of 102
Hmm using my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's in public atm. My earplugs broke, so I have no choice. Even though at times I just wear the DT770's for enjoyment anyways :)

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #54 of 102
Quote:Originally Posted by charli3 

Rly? then post some pics when it happens! 
I normally use the SRH440's. 

wow!the shures are big!id wear them because of their sleek,black look!

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #55 of 102

Quote:
When I lived in Texas a few years ago I got around with a Segway (all employees got one for free, no I'm not Paul Blart). I always wore my HD-800 (and a Sansa Fuze) but I flipped over the handlebars and broke them when I hit a curb and landed on my head. Unfortunately my warranty did not cover it. I tried to do a claim but Sennheiser hung up on me. For $2,800, (mine was recabled) you'd think they'd come with free accidental coverage! I glued all 12 pieces back together but I only get bass from the left driver.

BTW In Indiana once I saw a guy in a Tata Nano wearing a K1000. I wonder which cost more?

Note to self: HD800 is a great helmet.

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #56 of 102

Same here, 20+ year old V6's that still look and sound brand new, there great portable phones.

Quote:
I used MDR-7506's from mid 90's till I moved out of NYC in 2004 as my portable phones.

Are those out yet? I heard they actually have less/same bass as the XB700's and try to sound better though.

Quote:
XB1000s. Only for the 70 mm drivers. Besides that, IEMs all the way. I use a $5 radioshack set when i'm in rougher areas around town and then UE3s if it's mostly daily commute.

Unless his recable lowered Ohm's and raised sensitivity I can't beleive he paired it with a Fuze at all 0_0

Quote:
oh god, What

you actually took your HD800 recabled outside?
man, and even more crazy wearing it on a Segway 0_0

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #59 of 102
i wear my panasonic rp-htx7, they look kinda funny tho because the arms that hold the cups stick out, i have a thin head. But am looking to get some akg k 518 DJ maybe, bit more portable. I like wearing full size cans, i think they look better. I use mine for on the bus and walking around.

Apr 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #60 of 102
I use my SR60i on campus...they're great for being able to walk around and not worry about getting hit but still enjoying music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back