How are the Beats Pro, Detox and Studios?
Oct 20, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #16 of 150

Quote:
Custom Beyers are not MUCH more than any Beats in terms of cost, yet they offer personalisation not just a choice of colour.  I know which I would invest my hard earned money on, and from my perspective the Beyers look just as nice but maybe thats because of my age.  Also consider which would hold value better if you wanted to resell, you could probably ask 70% of original cost for a set of unique Beyer cans, possibly even more if in well looked after.

From my point of view there is simply NO reason to spend that sort of money on Beats, to look cool.  If its that important to you invest a small ammount more and have something that is far superior at doing the job it is designed to do, and personalise some Beyers.

That's the dichotomy on Head Fi though these days ~ the pursuit of sonic excellence, sometimes at the expense of style 
and comfort or the other growing school on here ~ those who see headphones as a stylish accessory, a fashion statement
that *may or may not* sound worthy to any somewhat experienced set of ears.

Frankly, either school is good for Head-Fi ~ a lot of Beats owners eventually get curious about other headphones and
many grow tired of the 'Dre look and move on.

More Monster products please I say! It brings more people to Head-Fi and that is only a good thing.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #17 of 150
Seriously, beats looks cheap plastic headphone as compare to Ultrasone Edition 8s.

You know the person is a teenager if you see them wearing beats and cannot afford UE8. :p

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #18 of 150

Quote:
Seriously, beats looks cheap plastic headphone as compare to Ultrasone Edition 8s.

You know the person is a teenager if you see them wearing beats and cannot afford UE8. :p

I am far from a teenager but I cannot afford UE8's unless my kids are going to starve or go without a summer holiday.  Everyone has their own limit financially, and I expect students and teenagers have MORE disposable income than a parent with a mortage and bills to pay.  IMO having one or two "mid-fi" cans is fine for my needs, if I choose to buy a new set one of the older sets of cans must go to help pay for the new ones.  maybe there is a new addition to the price/performance equasion, and its price/performace/cool for some people. 

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #19 of 150
Beats studio, pro, and detox quality and sound overall can be described pretty easily: crap, crappier, crappiest in that order.

not that they're totally bad though, just not the best sounding nor the best price for what you get.

if i could price them, i'd say studios should be 100 bucks no more, 150 for pro, 200 for detox max. and even then, theres alot of phones that could beat them at those prices.

like seriously beats detox are like 500 bucks, at those prices, you can get hd 650s + amp, rs2i, akg k701 + amp, pro 900s, and alot of other really good headphones.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #20 of 150

Quote:
Beats studio, pro, and detox quality and sound overall can be described pretty easily: crap, crappier, crappiest in that order.

not that they're totally bad though, just not the best sounding nor the best price for what you get.

if i could price them, i'd say studios should be 100 bucks no more, 150 for pro, 200 for detox max. and even then, theres alot of phones that could beat them at those prices.

like seriously beats detox are like 500 bucks, at those prices, you can get hd 650s + amp, rs2i, akg k701 + amp, pro 900s, and alot of other really good headphones.

My sentiments exactly.If you can get them free or if you find them below $100 then I'd say they're a pretty ok deal.Especially in my country where the pros aren't just $400,not even $600 but a whopping $800 and the detox being $900! I can feed myself for close to 5 months with $900...

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #21 of 150
I briefly auditioned the Beats Pro yesterday and I have to say that they didn't sound as bad as I expected. They were actually pretty decent, the bass was very strong but it didn't overpower the mids and highs as much as the lower Beats models. I would say the sound quality was comparable to the HD25-1 II. But I can buy the Sennheisers for half the price of the Beats and I don't look like some wannabe rapper with those.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #22 of 150
Hey Everyone..

So what exactly is the difference between Beats Pro, and Detox.. They look 100% identical maybe a different color scheme..Can you please emphasis on what exactly is different
to tell you the truth.. Many people say they dont cost 400 or 500..But lots and lots of people buy them Lol.. and they dont sound too bad.. I mean they are 400 bucks..for the pro and 500 for the detox.. I think its just a fasion statement.

Thanks everyone.

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #23 of 150

Quote:
Hey Everyone..

So what exactly is the difference between Beats Pro, and Detox.. They look 100% identical maybe a different color scheme..Can you please emphasis on what exactly is different
to tell you the truth.. Many people say they dont cost 400 or 500..But lots and lots of people buy them Lol.. and they dont sound too bad.. I mean they are 400 bucks..for the pro and 500 for the detox.. I think its just a fasion statement.

Thanks everyone.

The difference is, people will think of you as a bigger tool for buying the $500 ones over the already ripoff $400 ones.

But in all seriousness I don't think you're going to find a real answer to your question here. Most people here already wouldn't consider purchasing standard Beats, let alone a $500 model.

There are classier looking headphones out there if looks is what you're after. Personally I think the Beats look just like the whole Hip Hop fashion it's inspired by: Tacky and obnoxious.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #26 of 150

Quote:
I'm suprised not more companies say such as Sony which would be fit for this kind of marketing is putting out more stylish headphones without compromising on the sound quality. It doesn't make sense if Sennheiser or AKG or BeyerDynamic would do it as it's just not really their style and would get criticized among fans whatever they'd sound like but I think especially Sony could offer such product line without getting criticism (well getting a bad image) like they kinda did with XB series but I can't say XB series is THAT stylish though, ok XB1000 looks quite good but too large. ^^ 

I really think there's huge money to be made here, putting a marketing around the theme "stylish without compromising on sound quality".

V-moda makes some beautiful, stylish headphones in my opinion. And with good sound quality.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #27 of 150
good enough I guess.. anyways what I am trying to say here is.. that the studios, pro's, and detox, sell really well.. The studios are the most sold after the pro's and detox. I wouldnt opt for the detox as its the same thing as the pro's. But definietly they are Ok for the price and quality and brand recognition.. I spoke to someone at a store and he says they sell like a lot of these a week compared to the other ones like grados or dennons. So Simply it comes to the personal taste, you might like these and may not like others..

But what I am trying to talk about here is not about bashing Monsters Pro's or Detox's .. which one would be the best bet for someone having them???

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #28 of 150

Quote:
Well too bad the Beyer headphones look like they come from the 80's so the customization won't help a lot in this case. :p Yes they are probably stylish to older people, but if we want something like Beats to take off popularity-wise, it has to appeal to the younger generation too. The sleek a bit futuristic design is "in" atm.

http://www.fannywang.com/

They sound better, cost less and endure more than the Beats. No-brainer :)

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #29 of 150

Quote:
http://www.fannywang.com/

They sound better, cost less and endure more than the Beats. No-brainer :)

Beats clone. 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back