How are the Beats Pro, Detox and Studios?
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #136 of 150
Terrible.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #137 of 150
Quote:
I just hate the natural frequency response of my beats pro's, but I absolutely love the sound of them once I have dropped the lows and boosted the highs. I just feel like other than their crappy response, they are wonderful headphones. I don't even feel like they are a bad deal at all (like every other beats set of headphones in existence) because after I put clean, powerful signal into them, I don't think they can beat for a set of durable cans. I own a set of HD 800's that I can't even listen to with my normal music. That 6000 hz boost is so painful. Sure they can't be beat for sound quality recorded tracks, but for everything else, I prefer a quiet but thumpy low end, and narrow sound stage. So yeah, I use my eq'd beats more often than my hd 800's.

try the HD 650s out, i think you will enjoy them alot.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #138 of 150
Hey everybody

I was planning to invest in a pair of Beats Pro, but I would like to know is there is a better option at the same price, no more, no less. So far I really like the Beats, but I want to hear opinions of others. Note, I need headphones with top quality sound, since Im a musician and the headphones are for my studio. thanks! 

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #139 of 150
If you value sound quality at all, then don't buy any headphones in the beat range.

If you're buying them just to look cool and to impress your mates, then buy one of those fake pairs for $20. (They'll probably still sound better than the real thing)

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #140 of 150
Quote:
Hey everybody

I was planning to invest in a pair of Beats Pro, but I would like to know is there is a better option at the same price, no more, no less. So far I really like the Beats, but I want to hear opinions of others. Note, I need headphones with top quality sound, since Im a musician and the headphones are for my studio. thanks! 

I have a pair of Sony MDR-V55 headphones that you can buy in the UK for under £40 ($60) and they blow the beats away in terms of sound quality and build quality.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #141 of 150
Quote:
LOL no. beats maybe over priced but that is a riduclous statement mate. the v55 are not even better than the solo hd. Beats pros are decent headphones very fun to listen to. I compared the pros to many headphones a few that they beat out are the ath m50, V moda m80 & m100. xb500 and xb700. The only cheap headphone that beats the pros are the shure440 but ot be fair in terms of clairty they beat my d2000 for clairty.

Well we'll agree to disagree then.

For me, the  V55's have a far more balanced sound than the beat pros, which just sound boomy and make the mid-range sound like mud.

I don't believe that you've tried the V55's, so aren't in a position to make a comparison.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #142 of 150
Quote:
LOL i have owned them, How can you claim that someone hasn't tried them? The bass on the pros does not even go into the mids. The beats solo are an example of going into the mids. The pro can be a bit muddy sometimes with certain songs but they do have a clarity to them they also have nice bass and it's decent quality. Is it £200-300 quality absolutly not but to say a rubbish pair of headphones that are muddy sounding like the V55 is better than the flagship pro model that competes with good quality headphones in the £100-150 is just plain hating.

I still much prefer my v55's.

I've had them for over a year now and use them daily and they still show little to no signs of cosmetic wear. Unlike the beats where the headband has a high likely hood of snapping in half after a few months of usage.

You said that the beat pros are "fun sounding". Which is fine, some people prefer a big bassy sound over a more natural balanced sound. But I just prefer my music to sound more accurate. (No tracks sound muddy on the v55's, unless they're very badly mastered)

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #145 of 150
I'm not trying to state my opinion as fact, so I apologize if I come across that way.

I bought the V55's when they were fairly new and paid £75 for them. But even then, I thought it was a bargain at that price.

I should also note that the V55's still retail at around £100 in many UK stores. Well worth the £40 that amazon are asking for them.

I'd take them over the beat solo & pros everytime. (Can't comment on the studios as i've never tested them, although they seem to get a bigger negative reception than the solos and pros).

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #146 of 150
Quote:
No worries man, I have never really enjoyed a lot of sonys but many people do supose it just depends on what sound signature we are used to. If you didn't enjoy the pros you would hate the studios there awful for the price if you have heard the v moda crossfade lp they sound similar to them maybe a tad better in some areas. I hate the solo and studio they have too much bass with bleads a lot. Here in the UK we have so many competetive headphones at the 100-150 mark that the beats can sound terrible to some of them.

Agreed.

They'll never be a perfect headphone for everybody at any price range, because everybody has different tastes and perceptions of sound.

I think some of the headphones here in the UK are actually over priced compared to other places such as the US. A lot of the time it works our much cheaper, just to get them shipped over.

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #148 of 150
Quote:
Wow! I did not knew how critcized the beats where. Here in US they are very acclaimed by many, even professionals

The "acclaimed" are generally teenagers who have no idea that they can get far better sounding headphones in the same price range.
wink.gif

The "professionals" are big named celebs who are paid good money to endorse the headphones.

You get it here in the UK as well. Big star football/soccer players wearing them before games. (Sadly, people fall for it and end up squandering money on headphones that really aren't worth the price)

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #149 of 150
Take a basketball players catilac bumpin the bass, put it into some McDonald's happy meal toy plastic (metal if its the pros), take a dump on it and you get some headphone that should be worth 59-75 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back