How are the Beats Pro, Detox and Studios?
Oct 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #31 of 150

Quote:
good enough I guess.. anyways what I am trying to say here is.. that the studios, pro's, and detox, sell really well.. The studios are the most sold after the pro's and detox. I wouldnt opt for the detox as its the same thing as the pro's. But definietly they are Ok for the price and quality and brand recognition.. I spoke to someone at a store and he says they sell like a lot of these a week compared to the other ones like grados or dennons. So Simply it comes to the personal taste, you might like these and may not like others..

But what I am trying to talk about here is not about bashing Monsters Pro's or Detox's .. which one would be the best bet for someone having them???

If you're gonna buy new ones,definitely just get the regular pros over detox.The detox is basically just a limited edition black color scheme released to promote Dr Dre's new album detox.It's exactly the same to the pros in sound quality,build quality,and pretty much everything else other than color but with an extra $100 slapped on for the "limited edition" label.
And like what everyone here said,fanny wangs are much cheaper and look quite similar to the beats studios and solos design-wise.I believe they also sound better.

Oct 21, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #32 of 150
I tried fanny. They are ok.. but there is something which I always wanna go back to the beats lol.. So your saying either Beats pro or Beats Detox.. So which one loooks better.. doesnt the beats pro white look better than the detox?

Thanks
Oz

Oct 21, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #33 of 150

Quote:
I tried fanny. They are ok.. but there is something which I always wanna go back to the beats lol.. So your saying either Beats pro or Beats Detox.. So which one loooks better.. doesnt the beats pro white look better than the detox?

Thanks
Oz

I'd say the pros in all white is my favourite

Oct 21, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #34 of 150
the pink fannys are pretty looking but i wonder how they compare to the beats lol and what about build quality

Oct 21, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #35 of 150
The Fanny Wangs have had their own build quality issues. My pair had really loose hinges. They also sound quite meh.

And we can't tell you which one looks better...you already won't listen to us, why would you take our advice on what looks better? I'd pick a VModa M80 over the Beats any day. Heck, I'd pick a Jecklin Float over the Studios any day.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #37 of 150

Quote:

Thanks
Oz

Fanny wang on ears should sound better than the solos or solos hd considering they are kinda in the same price point I believe.I would agree beats still look better though,the wavy surface on the fannys don't quite look as slick.
As for which color looks better..you can't really expect us to decide for you right? everyone has their own preferences(did I spell that right?) and their own favorite color so some may say detox looks cooler and some could say the whites look cooler.It's all down to preference.If you like white then go white,they're going on your head anyway.

But please,if you really are going to BUY a new pair,don't.There are better headphones out there that are cheaper and sound better,just maybe not look as cool.If you getting them for free,then by all means,go for it.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #38 of 150
I think what all of us here want to express is, if you're interested in more than just looks, please try something else. Just so you can see for yourself there are better choices out there. If you have a BestBuy or anything nearby, take your iPod or any music player and plug them in.

If however you really like how they look, I suggest the Fanny Wangs. They're not a great deal for the price, but it's still better than the Beats. However, if you care about that kind of thing, the gangstaz at skul are going to make fun of you for using Beats rip-offs. I'd swing my feces at them, but I don't know how you'll react. If you really want that Beats look, maybe get some fakes. We can't help you get fakes either by posting links or giving you instructions, but I'm sure it's easier to buy fake Beats nowadays than real ones, and you can figure it out. If you consider the Detox, that also tells me you're wanting more with looks than exactly with sound quality.

So basically: if you want sound quality, try something else to get a good idea of better choices. If you want looks, either black market or Fanny Wangs, with the added consequence of the Fanny Wangs being pretty much rip-offs (but a better deal than the originals).

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #39 of 150

Quote:
I think what all of us here want to express is, if you're interested in more than just looks, please try something else. Just so you can see for yourself there are better choices out there. If you have a BestBuy or anything nearby, take your iPod or any music player and plug them in.

If however you really like how they look, I suggest the Fanny Wangs. They're not a great deal for the price, but it's still better than the Beats. However, if you care about that kind of thing, the gangstaz at skul are going to make fun of you for using Beats rip-offs. I'd swing my feces at them, but I don't know how you'll react. If you really want that Beats look, maybe get some fakes. We can't help you get fakes either by posting links or giving you instructions, but I'm sure it's easier to buy fake Beats nowadays than real ones, and you can figure it out. If you consider the Detox, that also tells me you're wanting more with looks than exactly with sound quality.

So basically: if you want sound quality, try something else to get a good idea of better choices. If you want looks, either black market or Fanny Wangs, with the added consequence of the Fanny Wangs being pretty much rip-offs (but a better deal than the originals).

Another alternative could also be the Soul by Ludacris headphones since they aren't exactly beats rip-offs and the sl150 is supposedly more price worthy than its counterpart the studios.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #40 of 150

Quote:
good enough I guess.. anyways what I am trying to say here is.. that the studios, pro's, and detox, sell really well.. The studios are the most sold after the pro's and detox. I wouldnt opt for the detox as its the same thing as the pro's. But definietly they are Ok for the price and quality and brand recognition.. I spoke to someone at a store and he says they sell like a lot of these a week compared to the other ones like grados or dennons. So Simply it comes to the personal taste, you might like these and may not like others..

But what I am trying to talk about here is not about bashing Monsters Pro's or Detox's .. which one would be the best bet for someone having them???

They sell well because people are stupid and follow marketing trends and celebrity endorsement without doing simple research, or just want to fit in with other aforementioned stupid people because they have no sense of identity. I'm definitely being overly harsh, but your entire point in this topic is that "other people are getting it". In which case your best bet is to buy a fake, unless you are into paying good money to be stupid. '

To make it simpler for you,

"But definietly they are Ok for the price and quality and brand recognition"

They are not "OK for the price and quality". So that leaves brand recognition. Is brand recognition worth 500 bucks to you? If yes, power to you. If no, fakes. And apparently the Pro's are the best sounding of the bunch or something but whatever lol

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #41 of 150
i listened to this kids detox's a couple weeks ago and i was convinced they were fake based on fit, comfort, build quality and sound.  i was wrong.  they were authentic.

i say purchase the studios.  if you're gonna light your money on fire you're better off burning less of it.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #42 of 150
Sony XB700 /thread

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #43 of 150

Quote:
i listened to this kids detox's a couple weeks ago and i was convinced they were fake based on fit, comfort, build quality and sound.  i was wrong.  they were authentic.

i say purchase the studios.  if you're gonna light your money on fire you're better off burning less of it.

You don't know how bad the Studio sound do you 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #44 of 150

Quote:

lawl, i bet fakes would sound better depending on the drivers.

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #45 of 150
I've always thought the Beats looked very, very,  ugly. I hate their look. I do think the SOUL looks pretty damn good, but the Beats are just ugly, ugly, ugly.

Do keep in mind this is coming from a 16 year old. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back