How are the Beats Pro, Detox and Studios?
Oct 22, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #46 of 150

Quote:
I tried fanny. They are ok.. but there is something which I always wanna go back to the beats lol.. So your saying either Beats pro or Beats Detox.. So which one loooks better.. doesnt the beats pro white look better than the detox?

Thanks
Oz

I would seriously listen to all of these people telling you to not buy the beats as there are so many better headphones out there, but if you still want them I would pick the Beats Pro over the Detox as the Detox is just a different color.

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #51 of 150
Sennheiser has been going slightly more mainstream with their newer headphones, HD448 and 449. Sony has their Piiq line.

Anyway, it depends on what you want your headphone to sound like. If you really like how the Beats sound, then buy it.
But if you like the Beats because they are bassy, I think you can find quite a number of bassy headphones in the market
for much less.

If you think life's too short to not be listening to Beats, you are sooo mistaken. There are many other headphones that aren't
as heavily marketed but are as good, or even better. Personally, I don't like shiny colourful stuff and to me bad looks is a big
deal-breaker. I'd be mad if Grado started releasing their headphones in white or hot pink.... 

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #52 of 150
Actually, Grados an inverted color scheme (white with black letters) would be kind of rad...

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #55 of 150

Quote:
How much do the HD448 and 449 cost if you don't mind me asking?

The HD448 should be $80-100 depending on where you're buying them from. The HD449 is going to be released in November (according to amazon.uk), but it has the same drivers, specifications and everything, cept for the outer shell design. I'm thinking a +$20 to the current HD448 price would be the street price of the HD449. Sennheiser will claim that they improved the drivers and what-not. I'm losing faith in Senn tbh. 

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #56 of 150

Quote:

The HD448 should be $80-100 depending on where you're buying them from. The HD449 is going to be released in November (according to amazon.uk), but it has the same drivers, specifications and everything, cept for the outer shell design. I'm thinking a +$20 to the current HD448 price would be the street price of the HD449. Sennheiser will claim that they improved the drivers and what-not. I'm losing faith in Senn tbh. 

hoping the hd 449 build upon and improve what the hd 448 as they said.

i own a pair of hd 448 i rarely use, the midrange is amazing on them for the price, but the bass is terrible and gets distorted easily.

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #57 of 150
Good afternoon,

For those of you who do not like the Beats Detox or Beats Studio you are entitled to your opinion.  But, please give them a serious listen before entering your opinion.  A few minutes at Best Buy of an abused demo pair, connected to a less then adequate source and questionable material, is not a serious audition.  In my opinion the Studio's, Pro's and Detox (not the Solo's) have something that a wealth of headphones lack, dynamic range.  Connected to an amp, I use an old Red Sound amp when I need one, they are better than one would be led to believe reading the responses here.  Even with the Gen 5 iPod direct they are a credible performer. 

In my opinion those who read this thread would be well served to take the comments with a grain of salt until you read a comment of someone that has a properly burned in and non abused set.  You may find more here than you have possibly been led to believe.

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #58 of 150
The thing is, a few of us have gone out of our way to either buy or loan a pair of Pros. I was lucky enough to know someone who let me loan a pair that looked pretty new but burned in and I plugged them into my vintage receiver (before the "not enough power" comments, the HE500 only needs to be turned to 10 o'clock to border on too loud) and while they had some merits, dynamic range was definitely not one of them. They have one of the most compressed sound sigs I've ever heard actually. My modded Portapro conveys dynamics better in some songs than the Pros. In my experience, the Pros mostly have one setting-loud from 50hz to 12khz. They do have an awesomely fun sound, but that's all they have going for them other than being easily drivable. I do have a suspicion that they could easily improve if damped properly though.

What other headphones did you compare them to?

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #59 of 150

Quote:
Good afternoon,

For those of you who do not like the Beats Detox or Beats Studio you are entitled to your opinion.  But, please give them a serious listen before entering your opinion.  A few minutes at Best Buy of an abused demo pair, connected to a less then adequate source and questionable material, is not a serious audition.  In my opinion the Studio's, Pro's and Detox (not the Solo's) have something that a wealth of headphones lack, dynamic range.  Connected to an amp, I use an old Red Sound amp when I need one, they are better than one would be led to believe reading the responses here.  Even with the Gen 5 iPod direct they are a credible performer. 

In my opinion those who read this thread would be well served to take the comments with a grain of salt until you read a comment of someone that has a properly burned in and non abused set.  You may find more here than you have possibly been led to believe.

That's a healthy attitude, really. But in this case, we have about 100 different people on the thread alone saying they dislike it, especially for the price. If it's 10 people, sure, grain of salt, but this is a vast majority of headphone enthusiasts, most of them who enjoy the Pro's sound signature (MOAR BASS) saying that.
Edit: Sorry, I meant this thread.

As for the adequate setup, this is my opinion: you know a headphone is good when you don't have to try too hard to enjoy it. Within bassy headphones, my SRH750 sounds good in a noisy environment plugged into an unamped Clip+ DAP playing 320Kb/s MP3. Of course it can improve with a portable amp and FLAC files, but it doesn't sound bad without it. I tried the same setup with the Pros, which have the same impedance, and I think the sensitivity is pretty much the same, and it sounded only decent. Did I mention it costs around 1/3 of what the Pros cost?

Basically it's what has been repeated to exhaustion: they are good, but they are very overpriced.

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #60 of 150

Quote:
Good afternoon,

They are indeed a credible pair of headphones.People dislike them so much is because for the price you for for them,they should sound like a premium pair of headphones.Not a decent pair.
You're paying about 3 or 4 times the headphones' worth due to the Dr Dre name.And the fact that my pair of audio technicas below $60 sound about the same or better then the studios does not help justify the beats' quality..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back