I was just interested in seeing how many Head-Fi-er's get asked about not wearing the Beats (Studio, Solo, etc.). Whenever I'm wearing my AH-D1001K's, it feels like someone always asks me why I didn't buy the Beats. Just curious to see if there is a staggering number of people that constantly get asked relatively the same question.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 3/14/11
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 2/18/11
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/18/11
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 6/2/11
- productDenon AHD501K Enhanced On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/18/11
- productPioneer HDJ-1000 DJ Headphonestagged by System, 8/19/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 2/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bassy headphones from $200 - $400 Last post on 5/11/11 at 1:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bonus time... new headphones! Last post on 3/8/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beatspost #1 of 55082/17/11 at 10:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 55082/17/11 at 10:23pm
I have before by some of my friends that have beats. I ask them if I can feel their $300 plastic or maybe even get a listen of that $300 dollar sound. Then I have them listen to my $130 dollar Crossfades and feel the $130 solid metal plating. With most, I can see the shame on their faces right when they listen to my headphones and when I tell them how much I spent, I love it. Others still claim their beats sound better. Stubborn... they know deep down they've been ripped off.post #3 of 55082/17/11 at 10:26pmThread Starter
Haha, I did the same thing with a friend awhile back, when the Studio's first came out. He was telling me how awesome they were and how they would "wipe the floor with my Ety's" in SQ. That investment backfired on him; now he owns a pair of HF5'spost #4 of 55082/17/11 at 10:38pm
I've never been called out for not having beats, but a lot of my friends frown upon me spending $100+ on headphones, people that make music and care about it. They don't care about the quality though. I have one friend who's mildly interested, but he's been teetering for a while now. I'd bring my Ad900 for my friends to try, but I don't want to risk them breaking. My girlfriend loves them though and understands why they cost so much, in-fact she bought them for me.post #5 of 55082/17/11 at 11:01pmpost #6 of 55082/17/11 at 11:09pm
I'm sure some people think it, but nobody comments aloud. Perhaps because they understand once they listen.
Or because I strike fear into their souls. take your pick.post #7 of 55082/17/11 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 55082/18/11 at 6:53amThread StarterQuote:
I occasionally get that reaction [from the less informed]. If they actually take interest in SQ, they usually ask how mine sound and listen to the current rig I have on. I've only had one person disagree with me to the point where they got angry at me lol.post #9 of 55082/18/11 at 11:32am
Nobody has ever asked me, but then again...I walk around all day long with a look on my face that makes people think I could stab a pencil through their neck and then go eat lunch and not think twice about it.post #10 of 55082/18/11 at 1:03pm
Yes, and it is unbelievably bad...
If you're not wearing Bosé (as people I know call it in a desperate attempt to make it sound fancy) or Beats by Dre, people think you wasted your money on any headphones not those two that are more than $100, mainly because they think they "look cool". I laugh at how wrong they are...
But it's very easy to sway Bose fans because they genuinely believe Bose have the greatest sound quality; and when they hear good headphones, 0.0 their reactions are worth the frustration.post #11 of 55082/18/11 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by keanex
I've never been called out for not having beats, but a lot of my friends frown upon me spending $100+ on headphones, people that make music and care about it. They don't care about the quality though. I have one friend who's mildly interested, but he's been teetering for a while now. I'd bring my Ad900 for my friends to try, but I don't want to risk them breaking. My girlfriend loves them though and understands why they cost so much, in-fact she bought them for me.
Though I've learned not to give a flying rats ass x]post #12 of 55082/18/11 at 2:41pm
80% of the kids with headphones at my college own Beats. Just a few days ago I remember hearing some people next to my class talking raving about the Beats too. These people are so clueless lol. I'll happily wear my M50 while my classmates use their Beats.post #13 of 55082/18/11 at 2:58pmpost #14 of 55082/18/11 at 3:25pm
I wish I'd be able to argue with some Beats owner IRL but seems people are smarter here in Finland and avoid them as they are not a very common sight over here. It would be rather entertaining experience as I love to argue especially about something that that is so obvious and that I'm so certain about. Especially entertaining would be the case if you met a Beats owner that bought it just for the bass and think it's the best out there for bass (as in the strongest) which probably runs something like iPod or iPhone and then you'd bring a Cowon MP3 player with bass boosted and a Sony XB500 with you and let the guy have a listen and then you'd just say as he takes them off his head "pretty good shit for $50 too huh?". I'd love to see the person's facial expression. Sound quality is more subjective and Beats owners will probably defend it no matter what but bass quantity is another thing though and many Beats users buy them because of the bass so.post #15 of 55082/18/11 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
I wish I'd be able to argue with some Beats owner IRL but seems people are smarter here in Finland and avoid them as they are not a very common sight over here. It would be rather entertaining experience as I love to argue especially about something that that is so obvious and that I'm so certain about. Especially entertaining would be the case if you met a Beats owner that bought it just for the bass and think it's the best out there for bass (as in the strongest) which probably runs something like iPod or iPhone and then you'd bring a Cowon MP3 player with bass boosted and a Sony XB500 with you and let the guy have a listen and then you'd just say as he takes them off his head "pretty good shit for $50 too huh?". I'd love to see the person's facial expression.
Are you saying Americans are dumb?
This thread is locked
- Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › Kitchen Units London 1 minute ago
- › Digital Multimeter Extech? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Gaming headset 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD-2 rev.2 Bamboo [Canada] $800CAD 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude