Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 18, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #16 of 5,506

Quote:
Are you saying Americans are dumb?
tongue_smile.gif

Not every americans and I didn't even mention USA, every country got their share of dumb people. Beats are more marketed over there though and easier available so I guess that comment slipped out for no good reason so I apologize if it seemed offensive to some.

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #17 of 5,506
Ha. One of my coworkers wears and listens to the Beats Solo. After I gave him a listening to about six different pairs of headphones I was testing out, he was upset that he had the Beats! Don't worry about what others say. It's all marketing and product endorsement. The only Beats that has any redeeming quality is the flagship model. And at that price, we know of so many other phones that can bury them. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #18 of 5,506

Quote:
Are you saying Americans are dumb?
tongue_smile.gif

I'm an American born and bred...I'll say Americans are dumb. I mean we created Beats for Godsake...how smart can we be.

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #19 of 5,506
lol one of my friend asked me that, I was listening to my Grado at home then he said buy beats, its better
deadhorse.gif

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #20 of 5,506
Quote:
RPGWiZaRD said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not every americans and I didn't even mention USA, every country got their share of dumb people. Beats are more marketed over there though and easier available so I guess that comment slipped out for no good reason so I apologize if it seemed offensive to some.

I didnt take what you said offensively. I actually think most Americans are in fact stupid. Im American btw.

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #22 of 5,506
It is really interesting how the Beats brand has pushed $350 headphones to the "mainstream" for many high school and university students. How many young people spent that much money on even audio gear in general 10 years ago? It would be really interesting if Ultrasone, Shure, Audio Technica etc. tried to compete in that same market with more advertising and a consumer image because right now they make products aimed more squarely at musicians and music pros. All they would need to do is directly compare themselves to Beats products and say they are better and truly professional products. I think there is a lot of money that Beats has convinced consumers to spend on "head-fi" and right now it would be so easy to get a substantial amount of those sales with some advertising effort.

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #24 of 5,506

Quote:
It is really interesting how the Beats brand has pushed $350 headphones to the "mainstream" for many high school and university students. How many young people spent that much money on even audio gear in general 10 years ago? It would be really interesting if Ultrasone, Shure, Audio Technica etc. tried to compete in that same market with more advertising and a consumer image because right now they make products aimed more squarely at musicians and music pros. All they would need to do is directly compare themselves to Beats products and say they are better and truly professional products. I think there is a lot of money that Beats has convinced consumers to spend on "head-fi" and right now it would be so easy to get a substantial amount of those sales with some advertising effort.

They'd only sell that well if they were in the Apple store. Everyone knows that if it's in the Apple store it's hip.

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #25 of 5,506
There's this guy in one of my classes that's in a huge lecture hall. He always comes in with his red Beats solo coming out of his ipad, this guy is such a tool haha.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #26 of 5,506
But they sell the Beats in the Apple store, so they must be good! (and I am a Mac user).

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #27 of 5,506
I got called out by some one flashing skullcandy skull-crushers, AND THE BEATS!!!!! i was about to BEAT some ones SKULL in hahahahaha....then I went on listing to some NIN with the HFI-580's and lold when I could here some crappy "wrap" and hip-hop from their side of the room. Seriously beats, and skullcandy don't isolate well....that or they could have.....ok lets be honest they had it at max volume with it boosted to be even louder. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #28 of 5,506

Quote:
I can imagine you having 5% of the look of your avatar
ph34r.gif

ahahahaha, that made me think of last Thursday, I was super tired because I had to work a 7 hour shift, then re-carpet a room, then get up early to get to school by like 7, I was just kind of zoning out to some music in the computer lab waiting form some to finish rendering, then some one came in and bumped me and I just kind of of peered up at them. They then said they were sorry and I hope I don't kill them I lold and was like wow I do look like hell.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #29 of 5,506
I've seen a Best Buy worker wear the Solos while roaming the floor. I find it a little odd BB would let him, but he sure does know how to sell 'em--saw him advertising to customers.

At work at the mall today, I saw no less than three different color sets of Solos, while I'm listening on my AT (and pretty soon to be Sennheisers!).

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #30 of 5,506
Never been asked about why I don't wear Beats, but I'm sure I'll give whoever is asking a rational, well-reasoned explanation...right after I vomit on their shoes at the suggestion of my wearing anything Monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back