Home-Made IEMs
Jun 17, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #9,301 of 15,974
I bought the wooden shells
@Ivan TT
It has slot for 10mm and 6.2mm drivers
@Xymordos
If I am able to get the planar driver
I am going to use it as 10mm
A SR driver (6mm) in full range(damped and dB resisted by resistor) as planar tone corrector

And a EST single armature version in nozzle

Planar, BA and electrostatic

Too much fun

I have tried the bigger planar. Amazing sound but weird signature

Confirmed something from one of the alibaba seller. He said to me that 14mm planar was prototype planar made for an experiment. 10mm is what they perfected it as a dynamic replacement and can be used in closed shell with proper back damping inside the shell cavity.

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #9,302 of 15,974
I bought the wooden shells
@Ivan TT
It has slot for 10mm and 6.2mm drivers
@Xymordos
If I am able to get the planar driver
I am going to use it as 10mm
A SR driver (6mm) in full range(damped and dB resisted by resistor) as planar tone corrector

And a EST single armature version in nozzle

Planar, BA and electrostatic

Too much fun

I have tried the bigger planar. Amazing sound but weird signature

Confirmed something from one of the alibaba seller. He said to me that 14mm planar was prototype planar made for an experiment. 10mm is what they perfected it as a dynamic replacement and can be used in closed shell with proper back damping inside the shell cavity.

Interesting, the seller told me the 14 sounded better. BTW, dont think you need electrostat as the planar has amazing extension.

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #9,303 of 15,974
Interesting, the seller told me the 14 sounded better. BTW, dont think you need electrostat as the planar has amazing extension.
Hmmm

14 sounds bigger but is harder to tune
10 is better due to application purposes

Well, that's the magic.
EST on 10kHz crossover will do the trick on getting the craziest airiest soundstage

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #9,304 of 15,974
Well, that's the magic.
EST on 10kHz crossover will do the trick on getting the craziest airiest soundstage
Senpai, can you teach us the magic of EST on 10kHz Crossover?

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #9,305 of 15,974
There has been som talk about problems with MMCX jacks. After I started using these from Plastics 1. I have had no issues what so ever!
Got them from mcear.de. Just a tip :)

mmcx.jpg

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #9,311 of 15,974
Hi everyone, I took the meter with my cousin, and I used the RTA, the pink noise, it shows the perfect graphic, I did a test using two correctly polarized 22955 and an inverse, I heard the frequency cancellation killing the two drivers. I say this because I saw it here comrades talking that made the inversion, at least until the tests made it is not advisable to reverse the polarity

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #9,312 of 15,974
Hi everyone, I took the meter with my cousin, and I used the RTA, the pink noise, it shows the perfect graphic, I did a test using two correctly polarized 22955 and an inverse, I heard the frequency cancellation killing the two drivers. I say this because I saw it here comrades talking that made the inversion, at least until the tests made it is not advisable to reverse the polarity
Well that was supposed to happen if you polarise two same driver in opposing way.

Hmmmm I cannot get the info you want to share bro. But I think you are trying to say something different and important. The message was not clear to me

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #9,314 of 15,974
@Xymordos remove the bass boost and make it flat for the 10mm planar with normal vent infront

It needs a estate for 10kHz and some non roll off treble

And @crinacle graphs actually match my ears(due to some reason, his 90% reading and review matches mine)

I haven't had time to play around with the 10mm driver yet. Gonna try 3D printing some enclosures to see if it works. You should try the 14mm driver if you can, it sounds very good and the bass is amazing if you boost it a little with another driver.

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #9,315 of 15,974
I haven't had time to play around with the 10mm driver yet. Gonna try 3D printing some enclosures to see if it works. You should try the 14mm driver if you can, it sounds very good and the bass is amazing if you boost it a little with another driver.
I have tried it
Got from chitty store on aliexpress

Well the driver is amazing, but weird in treble
The mids it produce feels so effortless.

New project on which I m working on

CI22955 + FED30048 + SWFK32255

Users who are viewing this thread

Back