HM-901
May 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #811 of 3,522
Quote:

The first diyer prepare to mod hm-901 and balanced amp card from Taiwan(country on Earth)

Questions:

1) Do you think that no one but you understands that, yes, Taiwan is, obviously, a 'country on Earth' ? You state it in almost every one of your posts. We all know Taiwan is a country on Earth!

2) Why do you never stop going on about the fact that you open DAPs and mod them? Do you expect adulation from people around the globe? Seriously, I've noticed you repeatedly added it to every post you made about the DX100, too. There are literally thousands of people around the globe who can also hold a screwdriver and a soldering iron, but they simply choose not to open their DAPs and void the warranty.

Sorry to sound irritable but really, it's about time someone asked. I don't mean it unpleasantly, I just mean that it's about time someone pointed out that the above 2 habits can come across as rather annoying to other people, and perhaps, until now, no one ever mentioned it and therefore you may have been unaware of it.

Other than that, I don't doubt that you're a fine, upstanding, and decent bloke!  
smile_phones.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't always make something better but anything can be modified.

Yes, I've noticed there have been mixed appraisals of the various AK100 mods. As I'm sure you're well aware, some people even seem to prefer the unmodified version, with whatever particular IEMs / CIEMs they happen to use with the DAP. Doubtless it's an impedance-matching issue giving rise to the various preferences for each IEM-AK100 combo. Personally, I prefer not to modify my DAPs, but that does not mean that I wouldn't consider buying a pre-modified DAP if the mod was broadly well-received by the community to begin with.

May 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #812 of 3,522
Personally, I prefer not to modify my DAPs, but that does not mean that I wouldn't consider buying a pre-modified DAP if the mod was broadly well-received by the community to begin with.

+100 I strongly agree with you on this one. Seems that some people just really charging insane price for probably non sense mod...

May 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #813 of 3,522
I'm deciding if I should buy the hm901. Just wondering if anyone can answer a few questions :)  
1) Is the DAC part of hm901 really that good (i've read somewhere that says its very good) that I can sell my MF M1DAC and use hm901 as a computer DAC? If so, do I need the dock? I mean what's in the dock that Fang can charge $399 for it?  
2) For the amplification part, how good is the stock chip? I've a alo national, is it on par with it? or do I need to buy the balance chip to get the most (I see them selling for 1899 rmb in taobao)?  
3)For the balance chip, do I need to recable my headphones to trrf or get an adapter? I think when I listened to it last week in shanghai, it had a switch for balance/not balance. I would assume I need to recable my headphones to get the most of out balance chip though, right?  
It would help if anyone can answer my questions.  
Many thanks

May 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #814 of 3,522
Where in Shanghai do they have it ?
I'm deciding if I should buy the hm901. Just wondering if anyone can answer a few questions :)

1) Is the DAC part of hm901 really that good (i've read somewhere that says its very good) that I can sell my MF M1DAC and use hm901 as a computer DAC? If so, do I need the dock? I mean what's in the dock that Fang can charge $399 for it?

2) For the amplification part, how good is the stock chip? I've a alo national, is it on par with it? or do I need to buy the balance chip to get the most (I see them selling for 1899 rmb in taobao)?

3)For the balance chip, do I need to recable my headphones to trrf or get an adapter? I think when I listened to it last week in shanghai, it had a switch for balance/not balance. I would assume I need to recable my headphones to get the most of out balance chip though, right?

It would help if anyone can answer my questions.

Many thanks

May 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #815 of 3,522
The store name is 安润, a headphone store in Pudong, i think it is 峨山路77号, somewhere in the fifth floor if i remembered right. They have a unit you can listen to, but they don't have any in stock. They say that they have like 10 preorders and should be delievering them mid-May-ish, they said they are not sure...

May 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #818 of 3,522
Quote:

You have to recable your headphones, if you don't it will certainly court-circuit them.

May 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #823 of 3,522
Quote:
The second batch of HM901 arrival Taiwan(country on Earth) at 2012/05/07
smily_headphones1.gif

The first diyer prepare to mod HM-901 From Taiwan(country on Earth)
wink.gif

So what Mython told you about you country on earth and DIY stuff seems to be of no interest to you ? Well I agree, it is very annoying.

May 8, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #824 of 3,522
Yeah, Gameguy, please do not insult our intelligence by saying where Taiwan is, we are not idiots, we know perfectly well it is a galaxy far far away !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back