HM-901
Apr 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #766 of 3,522
That's a shame. Did he give any reason for the delay, if it is for QC then that is a good thing, better to launch a non buggy player than have a beta one like the DX100.

He said they didn't want to release it in the U.S. until they had a substantial number of units built and ready to ship. I asked about per-orders to see if one could at least find his/her way to the front of the queue, but it didn't sound as if that approach would be employed. He said to check their site, as well as their page on Head-Fi for updates.

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #767 of 3,522
You can use the wheel to fast forward, very controllable and you can go forward and back very easily. The battery takes about 15 seconds to swap out.

I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out, Jamato8. Hope you're enjoying your 901.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #769 of 3,522
Been waiting since December/November when they originally said it would be released. After all these months and still no news I am just gonna get ibasso dx100. Those who heard both say they are similar enough. Really wanted hifiman but it seems they are ignoring the US for this release.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #770 of 3,522
Quote:
Been waiting since December/November when they originally said it would be released. After all these months and still no news I am just gonna get ibasso dx100. Those who heard both say they are similar enough. Really wanted hifiman but it seems they are ignoring the US for this release.

They're waiting till the week after you make your payment for your Ibasso DX....
wink_face.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #773 of 3,522
Quote:

They're waiting till the week after you make your payment for your Ibasso DX....
wink_face.gif

Excellent, so that means we can finally  know the release date for the 901!
wink_face.gif

Joking aside, though, Andrew, I don't blame you at all for going for a DX100 and I'm certain you will be very happy with the sound quality. The sheer space and focus the DX100 puts around instruments is fabulous for a portable DAP.

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #774 of 3,522
Quote:
So beautiful classic looking hi-end DAP with double ES9018 chipsets DAC come from Hifiman 
popcorn.gif

Hi-end, absolutely...  Beautiful, well let's just say that's in the eye of the beholder!  I don't think the 901 would win any DAP beauty contest.  Not that I care, BTW.  I can live with the ugly duckling as long as the SQ is good enough to justify the one grand price.

May 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #779 of 3,522
Hmm, coming from where it is coming from( the far east) I have severe doubts that interconnect is genuine. The metal junction looks too unrefined compared to a picture of a similar one from Crystal Cables website, Have a look, see what you think!

Also look at this cable made for an iPod, again from an authorized crystal cable dealer..

This one uses a much smaller metal junction than that which is on cables for home equipment.

I just sent Crystal Cable an email with a link to that site to see wether it is genuine or not..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back