HM-901
Aug 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #1,427 of 3,522
So DSF/DFF files are bit-stream files, not PCM. I guess I'll stick with PCM for quite a while since my Reference 7.1 (and the Master 7) DAC has R-2R / multibit chips and thus won't play the bit-stream files anyway. Also, I only have one single SACD in my album collection ... and I only buy my music.

Thanks Seeteeyou!

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,428 of 3,522
So far, has anyone heard the minibox card yet? From what I read in erji.net, many reviews say that minibox card has better sound signature when it drive most of headphones under single end mode. Included TH900 and HD600, as the creator of minibox - 3 Stone, who has better experience of amp card manufacture. Even Fang admitted this as well.

So here, I really wanna know how's the minibox card sounds like when it driving those IEM which has low impedance and high sensitivity. Like the UM Miracle and those JH IEM?

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #1,429 of 3,522
I downloaded some sample tracks from the dsd website to play on my 901 before it's arrival,actually used my android as it's handy and easy to load on the sd card. Waiting to play them in full high res glory and I hope the latest firmware support will allow me to do so without having to convert individual tunes. Any ideas guys

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,430 of 3,522
Honestly if your player does not support native DSD play back there is really no point in downloading and converting to other format just so you can play it. The entire point of DSD file is to be play back in DAC that natively support them. I was using DSD on my AK120 and truth be told it sounded different but it was only because the unit just increased the gain after it converted in PCM hence giving the user the illusion of better sound. 

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,431 of 3,522
Um.... My HM-901 charger exploded yesterday... It was my first time trying to charge my HM-901, and when I plugged the charger in, sparks and little flames came out. The plug even has some burnt-mark on it. Now I can't charge my HM-901, and a new charger would cost me about 400 RMB more to purchase. Any of you guys know if this is covered with warranty?

B.T.W., not being able to charge via usb is a pain in the neck...

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #1,432 of 3,522
Quote:
Um.... My HM-901 charger exploded yesterday... It was my first time trying to charge my HM-901, and when I plugged the charger in, sparks and little flames came out. The plug even has some burnt-mark on it. Now I can't charge my HM-901, and a new charger would cost me about 400 RMB more to purchase. Any of you guys know if this is covered with warranty?

B.T.W., not being able to charge via usb is a pain in the neck...

Heard you got it fixed in the other thread.  Did you get a replacement already? or it worked now?  Curious to see how it exploded....

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,434 of 3,522
Quote:

Heard you got it fixed in the other thread.  Did you get a replacement already? or it worked now?  Curious to see how it exploded....

He's lucky he wasn't hurt or his house set on fire. I would think this sort of incident would more likely happen with Teclast.... :p

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #1,435 of 3,522
Quote:
He's lucky he wasn't hurt or his house set on fire. I would think this sort of incident would more likely happen with Teclast.... :p

yea... have heard/read about camera or cellphone batteries exploding but really my first time hearing charger can also explode....  isn't it just wire and coils inside why would it explode!!

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #1,436 of 3,522
Quote:

yea... have heard/read about camera or cellphone batteries exploding but really my first time hearing charger can also explode....  isn't it just wire and coils inside why would it explode!!

Unless he used the wrong plug in his sockets lol :p.

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #1,437 of 3,522
Quote:

Maybe some defects in the wire/coils that caused short circuits, or even the charger's voltage is not compatible with his country's household voltage....

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #1,438 of 3,522
Quote:

Actually, only a cable was broken. They are sending me a replacement now.

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #1,439 of 3,522
Quote:

Oh that's more reassuring.  Was starting to wonder if I need to be more careful about charging to avoid any explosion etc.  Good to hear it's being taken care of.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,440 of 3,522
Quote:
When are people going to realize that when you buy Chinese, you get garbage

A charger exploding? Really?!

Good luck staying away from any and all Chinese products, components, or whatever....  ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back