HM-901
Mar 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #466 of 3,522
True, true, but I think it i good to have some perspective on things, one of the things now is an immediate sense of entitlement I find. I see it on this forum so much. I wonder sometimes if computers and the internet are really an advancement and improvement.

I do remember back, though it seems a chore now, to how much fun I had compiling tapes, getting the levels right, pushing the record button just at the right time and then sitting on the train listening in wonder to all this music I can take with me. I think reading much here the younger folks have lost that sense of wonderment or if it is there it lasts but a few days until something else comes along, not all are like that I know but a great many and I feel sorry for them in truth as the majority of fun is the wonderment that something can do something so well and for not a lot of money. For instance, that CD player cost me the equivalent of what this player costs now.. Look at how much more one gets!

Anyway, I ramble I just look at the stamping feet impatience of some as this player is a few months late, I look at the complaining it wont do this or that and feel those folks miss out so much on the enjoyment and I just know in a years time they will on to the next latest and greatest and the hyperbole of this product will turn into, it does not do this, it does not do that or, like the DX100 after a while the truth comes out that it is a crappy produced product that may sound good but at huge expense of everything else.. Bring back glacial, non informed product launches I say, I think it would help us enjoy what we have more in the long run.

Well, this old curmudgeon will now shuffle of for his pipe and slippers awaiting him in ianmedium towers :D

I mean most of this in a slight amount of jest but hope you get what I am on about!

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #467 of 3,522
True, true, but I think it i good to have some perspective on things, one of the things now is an immediate sense of entitlement I find. I see it on this forum so much. I wonder sometimes if computers and the internet are really an advancement and improvement.

I do remember back, though it seems a chore now, to how much fun I had compiling tapes, getting the levels right, pushing the record button just at the right time and then sitting on the train listening in wonder to all this music I can take with me. I think reading much here the younger folks have lost that sense of wonderment or if it is there it lasts but a few days until something else comes along, not all are like that I know but a great many and I feel sorry for them in truth as the majority of fun is the wonderment that something can do something so well and for not a lot of money. For instance, that CD player cost me the equivalent of what this player costs now.. Look at how much more one gets!

Anyway, I ramble I just look at the stamping feet impatience of some as this player is a few months late, I look at the complaining it wont do this or that and feel those folks miss out so much on the enjoyment and I just know in a years time they will on to the next latest and greatest and the hyperbole of this product will turn into, it does not do this, it does not do that or, like the DX100 after a while the truth comes out that it is a crappy produced product that may sound good but at huge expense of everything else.. Bring back glacial, non informed product launches I say, I think it would help us enjoy what we have more in the long run.

Well, this old curmudgeon will now shuffle of for his pipe and slippers awaiting him in ianmedium towers :D

I mean most of this in a slight amount of jest but hope you get what I am on about!

No worries. Anyways people are either over complaining or over praising. I find the latter even more tiring :)

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #468 of 3,522
I'm still amazed at the young whipper-snapper here that got to ride a train to school.  I had to walk uphill to and from school in 2 feet of snow, even in the summer!   You wanted music - am via the tinny speaker in the 'transistor"

You kids have it so good now.  
blink.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #469 of 3,522
im just going to come flat out and say this. i will only buy the HM 901 if it's a big improvement in sound over the IBasoo dx100. The Ibasso dx100 has such good energy and lively and it sounds good with any type of Genre i throw at it. If you have an ibasso, what's the point of getting the 901. Will the Sound Quality of the 901 be a huge improvement over the ibasso? that is what i really want to know. I don't care if it has 7hours of battery life or if the UI is buggy at first. I can look past those things in the beginning release of a new player because it can only get better. I want to know how that damn thing sounds ! 2 ESS dac chips come on xD

I hope the first thing people do when they get a 901 is compare it to the ibasso.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #470 of 3,522
im just going to come flat out and say this. i will only buy the HM 901 if it's a big improvement in sound over the IBasoo dx100. The Ibasso dx100 has such good energy and lively and it sounds good with any type of Genre i throw at it. If you have an ibasso, what's the point of getting the 901. Will the Sound Quality of the 901 be a huge improvement over the ibasso? that is what i really want to know. I don't care if it has 7hours of battery life or if the UI is buggy at first. I can look past those things in the beginning release of a new player because it can only get better. I want to know how that damn thing sounds ! 2 ESS dac chips come on xD

I hope the first thing people do when they get a 901 is compare it to the ibasso.

At this point without hearing the hm901, my speculation is if any improvement it should be minimal as with improvement in audio in general. I haven't heard the hm901 and I only own the dx100 but that would be my guess. People who have heard it, please chime in!

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #471 of 3,522
IMO SQ wise, dx100 has reached a point that no portable audio device will be significantly better than it since it's extremely neutral (including sub $2000 desktop DACs). [size=small]ES9018 doesn't need two to sound good (full, organic...whatever you call it). [/size]So it will come down to personal preferences about the sound, design, size, functions, UI, battery and etc. So for those who want to buy 901 only if 901 can sounds much better than dx100, you probably want to look somewhere else because it's not gonna happen based on the reviews and impressions I have read so far.

I will have my 901 very soon (hopefully)..and compare it with dx100. I think I will sell dx100 after I get it simply because it's smaller and volume control is better. Dx100's volume control has already @#$%ed one of my CIEMs up.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #472 of 3,522
Quote:
IMO SQ wise, dx100 has reached a point that no portable audio device will be significantly better than it since it's extremely neutral (including sub $2000 desktop DACs). [size=small]ES9018 doesn't need two to sound good (full, organic...whatever you call it). [/size]So it will come down to personal preferences about the sound, design, size, functions, UI, battery and etc. So for those who want to buy 901 only if 901 can sounds much better than dx100, you probably want to look somewhere else because it's not gonna happen based on the reviews and impressions I have read so far.

I will have my 901 very soon (hopefully)..and compare it with dx100. I think I will sell dx100 after I get it simply because it's smaller and volume control is better. Dx100's volume control has already @#$%ed one of my CIEMs up.

popcorn.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #475 of 3,522
I'm still amazed at the young whipper-snapper here that got to ride a train to school.  I had to walk uphill to and from school in 2 feet of snow, even in the summer!   You wanted music - am via the tinny speaker in the 'transistor"

You kids have it so good now.  
blink.gif

Luxury! I had to push the train to school and then when I got there all I had to eat were a lump of coal!

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #476 of 3,522
If you slide the screen with volume bar on, there is a possibility you blow your earphones AND YOUR EARDRUM..

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #478 of 3,522
Quote:
Hm901? Dx100 has volume buttons on the side

Dx100... I know, what I mean was if you push the button on the side, you have to wait until the volume bar disappear from the screen. You shouldn't slide screen with the volume bar on the screen. If you slide it to right, the volume will increase to maximum without stopping.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #479 of 3,522
Quote:
Hm901? Dx100 has volume buttons on the side

You can also adjust the volume with the screen on. That is only possible though once you've activated the volume control and then you attempt to manually raise or lower it. I do find it useful though when you want to raise or lower the volume on the fly but you should be careful though.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #480 of 3,522
Quote:
Dx100... I know, what I mean was if you push the button on the side, you have to wait until the volume bar disappear from the screen. You shouldn't slide screen with the volume bar on the screen. If you slide it to right, the volume will increase to maximum without stopping.

I think you can press the back button to remove the volume button without waiting :). I use to do that (right side).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back