HM-901
Aug 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #1,651 of 3,522
Has anyone paired the Hidition NT6 Pros with the 901 to see how well they play together?

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #1,652 of 3,522
Is there a way where I can read impression/review on the 901+balance amp card +re600 combo? Many thanks

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #1,654 of 3,522
Quote:
Is there a way where I can read impression/review on the 901+balance amp card +re600 combo? Many thanks

I have it and it's a very sweet combo! You can buy all 3 bundled together for a good price at Head-Direct, probably making it the best bargain for a high quality balanced setup. The RE-600 out of this combo is very airy, yet smooth and organic. The bass is very high quality and dynamic. The treble has great extension, yet never fatiguing. The only nitpick i have is that sometimes it can be just a little bit dark, but only a little. I find that to be outstanding as most IEMs this price range lack the bass and transparency these have. You can tell the difference between 16 and 24 bit material, that hard to do even with the ER-4S i have. One word of caution though is about the cable. It not very robust so i recommend tucking it inside your T-shirt and connecting it from there. Just a few good snags will probably toast the cable. Other than that, I really can't think of a more pleasing and revealing setup for the price, especially given the form factor for a balanced setup.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #1,655 of 3,522
Quote:
I have it and it's a very sweet combo! You can buy all 3 bundled together for a good price at Head-Direct, probably making it the best bargain for a high quality balanced setup. The RE-600 out of this combo is very airy, yet smooth and organic. The bass is very high quality and dynamic. The treble has great extension, yet never fatiguing. The only nitpick i have is that sometimes it can be just a little bit dark, but only a little. I find that to be outstanding as most IEMs this price range lack the bass and transparency these have. You can tell the difference between 16 and 24 bit material, that hard to do even with the ER-4S i have. One word of caution though is about the cable. It not very robust so i recommend tucking it inside your T-shirt and connecting it from there. Just a few good snags will probably toast the cable. Other than that, I really can't think of a more pleasing and revealing setup for the price, especially given the form factor for a balanced setup.

Thanks for the information. One more question, can 901 send balance line out?

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #1,656 of 3,522
Quote:
Thanks for the information. One more question, can 901 send balance line out?

There's a RCA line out from the connector that's provided. I'm not sure about the Headphone output, may want to contact HifiMan and see what they have to say about that. 

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #1,657 of 3,522
There's a RCA line out from the connector that's provided. I'm not sure about the Headphone output, may want to contact HifiMan and see what they have to say about that. 

Thanks, brunk. Will try. The headphone out takes special adapter, right? I think i need to factor in the budget for getting more cables terminate with this adapter...

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #1,658 of 3,522
Quote:
Thanks, brunk. Will try. The headphone out takes special adapter, right? I think i need to factor in the budget for getting more cables terminate with this adapter...

I would ask member "Team Hifiman" here and see if it's even recommended to do a TRRS line out. The RE-600 is already wired with TRRS, saving you a bundle for a re-wire.

Best,
Brunk 

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #1,659 of 3,522
There is single ended line out (proprietary dock) and balanced headphone out (trrs). The former you can't find anywhere else (unless someone else knows where to get it...). The latter is at least commercially available although not from the usual high quality manufacturers that head-fiers love.

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #1,660 of 3,522
Quote:
There is single ended line out (proprietary dock) and balanced headphone out (trrs). The former you can't find anywhere else (unless someone else knows where to get it...). The latter is at least commercially available although not from the usual high quality manufacturers that head-fiers love.

Got it, thanks. Just checked moon audio has silver dragon iem cable which has that trrs option.

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #1,661 of 3,522
I just bought the HM901 (standard card) a few days ago with the RE600. I paired it up with a 128gb PNY SDXC. The card is almost full, maybe about 5 gig or so left of free space. However, the device keeps restarting and the spinning thing keeps appearing when it boots. Can never get past 2 songs before the device restarts again. I tried removing all non-relevant audio files but it still keeps restarting. Any of you have any idea what is going on?

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #1,662 of 3,522
Quote:
I just bought the HM901 (standard card) a few days ago with the RE600. I paired it up with a 128gb PNY SDXC. The card is almost full, maybe about 5 gig or so left of free space. However, the device keeps restarting and the spinning thing keeps appearing when it boots. Can never get past 2 songs before the device restarts again. I tried removing all non-relevant audio files but it still keeps restarting. Any of you have any idea what is going on?

Maybe the 901 needs a kick in the nads? Or the firmware update was faulty? I use a Transcend 128GB with mine and it works fine...

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #1,663 of 3,522
Quote:

#1 what firmware are you running? If it's 1.74 there are 2x1.74 firmwares....one version that supports CUE, and another that doesn't. The one that supports CUE is buggy. The other (called 1.74 NOCUE) fixes the issue. Alternatively move up to 1.80 and this supports CUE properly
#2 If you have any non-audio files in there (e.g. JPG, .<extension> files, etc. especially those left by the MacOS), please clean those up

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #1,665 of 3,522
Quote:
I am running 1.081 Beta. obtained from the hifman website. Is that firmware any good? I already removed all the non audio files from the sd card.

1.81 is beta I thought. They haven't released the final 1.81 have they? If you don't mind me asking, what format is the card? FAT32 or ExFat? Maybe start small by putting only 1-2 songs on then expand. I know this is tedious but it may be the only way to weed out a bad file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back