HJE900 discontinued?
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #32 of 41

Quote:
:frowning2: i wanted these...real bad...bought the re0 instead out of impulse now the right side's dead and i'm out of iem's :'(

I suggest sending the Reo's back in get them repair or get your money back. And if you do get you money back purchase the Panas, were you happy with the REO?

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #33 of 41
I remember having discussed with a fellow head-fi member about the low pricing being due to J&R trying to clear out inventory, I think it was probably with rawster. I've actually never seen the 900s listed on Panasonic's USA page though, always having to resort to the Japanese one if I wanted some sort of official site. Here's to hoping for a successor.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #35 of 41

Quote:
I remember having discussed with a fellow head-fi member about the low pricing being due to J&R trying to clear out inventory, I think it was probably with rawster. I've actually never seen the 900s listed on Panasonic's USA page though, always having to resort to the Japanese one if I wanted some sort of official site. Here's to hoping for a successor.

It might be. I've always been under the suspicion even before this and many months ago (6-9 months ago) that the HJE900 was never meant for the USA market which is why it was never on the USA site as well as why the spare cable is not easily bought.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #36 of 41

Quote:
Quote:
Confispect, are you really considering getting a 2nd pair of the HJE900? I know who to message when I plan on selling mine :)

To be honest I'm considering getting a monkey saving up for that is a pain, but definitely message me FIRST to see. But scrap that you should't sell such a great can I know you got other toys but......And I feel your pain Wyager .....expect a pm.

To be honest I don't use my pair that often. I've used it less than 5 times in the last 2 months or so and loaned it out to another head-fi member and didn't even miss a beat with them. As great as they are my customs are my "go to" earphone for portable/transportable and when I'm at home I have headphones or the RE262. Lastly when I watch videos online it will be with my M2 now so I'm set. These would make a decent backup but I'll probably sell them down the line. I have a strict policy of keeping what I use since I no longer want to collect earphones but only keep what I use.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #37 of 41

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Confispect, are you really considering getting a 2nd pair of the HJE900? I know who to message when I plan on selling mine :)

To be honest I'm considering getting a monkey saving up for that is a pain, but definitely message me FIRST to see. But scrap that you should't sell such a great can I know you got other toys but......And I feel your pain Wyager .....expect a pm.

To be honest I don't use my pair that often. I've used it less than 5 times in the last 2 months or so and loaned it out to another head-fi member and didn't even miss a beat with them. As great as they are my customs are my "go to" earphone for portable/transportable and when I'm at home I have headphones or the RE262. Lastly when I watch videos online it will be with my M2 now so I'm set. These would make a decent backup but I'll probably sell them down the line. I have a strict policy of keeping what I use since I no longer want to collect earphones but only keep what I use.

Good policy and yeah just let me know, as for a second version one can only hope...They outta offer different color zicornia red would be sick.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #38 of 41
If a new model came out they won't be a bang for your buck any time soon. New models means more expensive and higher premiums especially when the HJE900 is their top of the line model iirc.

It's a good policy. I'd have so much more stuff in my desk drawer if I did not have that policy. I've cleaned out most of my inventory and I still can't find a thing lol.

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #39 of 41

[size=10.0pt]Be forewarned. I use Comply Foam tips on my CZs. I was changing an old tip and I pulled the unit apart in my hands. Wires were exposed and the unit was in two pieces. It took me a couple months, many phone calls and aggravation to get Panasonic to replace my CZ. I would expect chances now are less than ideal if you should break yours. [/size]

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #40 of 41

Quote:

[size=10.0pt]Be forewarned. I use Comply Foam tips on my CZs. I was changing an old tip and I pulled the unit apart in my hands. Wires were exposed and the unit was in two pieces. It took me a couple months, many phone calls and aggravation to get Panasonic to replace my CZ. I would expect chances now are less than ideal if you should break yours. [/size]

Yep... BTW, panasonic is officially OUT of HJE900s in the US, so they are NOT going to be replaced even under warranty. On the phone, I was told I could get my $90 back within the 90 day warranty, but I wouldn't count on it. Literally the worst phone service I've ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back