HJE900 discontinued?
Nov 29, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 41
Source?

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 41
It's a question.
J&R's product page has disappeared since they sold out (I'm really upset at not having enough money to buy them when they were still $90), and the tech page is nowhere to be seen. Panasonic's product search doesn't even return a hit.

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 41
Hmm, no idea, a general search in Google doesn't indicate about discontinuation. From what I know, my local store is still selling HJE900, but that could be stocks before the discontinuation after all. So, yeah, no idea at all. :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 41
I've seen J&R not carry quite a few items once they've sold out--which can be fairly annoying (like when they stopped carrying ATH-ES7 a while back).  But B&H, another NY store, has it marked as discontinued on their site.  This I am more inclined to believe.  Also when I browsed through Panasonic's consumer site I couldn't locate them as well.

That's fairly odd that they came and went so quickly.  I thought they were more popular than that.

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 41

Quote:
I've seen J&R not carry quite a few items once they've sold out--which can be fairly annoying (like when they stopped carrying ATH-ES7 a while back).  But B&H, another NY store, has it marked as discontinued on their site.  This I am more inclined to believe.  Also when I browsed through Panasonic's consumer site I couldn't locate them as well.

That's fairly odd that they came and went so quickly.  I thought they were more popular than that.

That really is a shame. I thought they were more popular than that too.

... now might be a good time to stock up on one or two pairs of these, if Panasonic really has chosen to discontinue HJE900.
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 41
The 900 has been off their site for more than 2 months at least.  I suspected the aggressive pricing was a matter of clearing inventory.

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #9 of 41
I literally just placed an order for mine on Friday, through Amazon, and I believe JR is the actual vendor that fulfilled the order. Wow! Right in the nick of time.

I spent a good three weeks researching and agonizing over which IEMs to buy, and decided on the HJE900. I woulda been pi$$ed if they suddenly disappeared before I could order them. Anyway, they have been shipped and are on the way so I'm safe. :) I hope I like them as much as many others seem to.

Hopefully Panasonic will be releasing a successor model? I doubt they will stop offering a higher-end IEM altogether, especially in these days of ipods and smartphones and such...

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 41
Now I am trying to figure out whether if I should buy a pair of them, just because they are discontinuing. I did like what I heard from them the last time I tried them.
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #11 of 41
It is still listed by Panasonic Japan as current production model, so it is not discontinued.

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #12 of 41
They probably just took it off the USA market. I always thought the HJE900 was meant for the Japanese market only so I'm quite surprised it took them this long to do so unless that was just remaining stock the last couple months.

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #13 of 41
I guess I'll keep my HJE-900's then. I was thinking about selling them, but now that they are rare, I will hold on to them.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #14 of 41
Nov 29, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #15 of 41
The HJE900 probably won't be mentioned as much now since it won't be as available now at least in the US market. I'm happy with my pair as one of my couple of universal earphones and good thing I bought it for cheap when I had the chance to. It looks like this only affects the US market as I still see them on Amazon UK.

The first link you showed says that the HJE900 is discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back