HJE900 discontinued?
Nov 29, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #16 of 41

Quote:
The HJE900 probably won't be mentioned as much now since it won't be as available now at least in the US market. I'm happy with my pair as one of my couple of universal earphones and good thing I bought it for cheap when I had the chance to. It looks like this only affects the US market as I still see them on Amazon UK.

The first link you showed says that the HJE900 is discontinued.

Thx, wish I would have ordered another pair.....oh well, I'm never tried to order from Amazon Uk I wonder do they ship to US? Doubt it.

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #19 of 41
I offered mine for sale for $90 + paypal fees + shipping, but noone jumped on this great deal. My pair has only been used for less than 5 minutes too. I have too many headphones, but too little time.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #20 of 41
They are no longer listed as a valid part under panasonic US customer support. OneCall customer service says they are discontinued. Mine have started acting up, and I'd really like to get them replaced but a refund might be my only option... It's up to panasonic now. These are literally the only IEMs in this price range that had what I wanted (replaceable cables+toughness). I wonder what possessed panasonic to discontinue them here?

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 41

Quote:
They are no longer listed as a valid part under panasonic US customer support. OneCall customer service says they are discontinued. Mine have started acting up, and I'd really like to get them replaced but a refund might be my only option... It's up to panasonic now. These are literally the only IEMs in this price range that had what I wanted (replaceable cables+toughness). I wonder what possessed panasonic to discontinue them here?

I don't think they sold very well until they dropped the price way down, which (as is postulated above) may have been done because they wanted to clear them out of stock.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #23 of 41

Quote:
Shame... they're great IEMs.

True dat.  I love mine, and I'm sorry to hear that I'll be out of luck if I break them!

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #24 of 41
I'll probably sell mine eventually and I'm sure there are others who would sell their pair eventually so FS threads can be useful :p

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #25 of 41

Quote:
Quote:
Shame... they're great IEMs.

True dat.  I love mine, and I'm sorry to hear that I'll be out of luck if I break them!

Trust me you won't be, just order them from some other planet or something. Or amazon Uk, personally I'm trying to get mines from Mars aliens messing with me again.....
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #26 of 41
Wow, I had a worse than awful experience with panasonic CS... part of it was the fact that AT&T is the worst cell phone network in the US and I don't have a home phone (It dropped the call right before the CS person could explain what I had to do 4+ times when I used an iPhone, then when I switched phones the words kept getting slurred), part of it was the inability of the panasonic rep to tell me anything I needed to know. In the end, after wasting around an hour on the phone with them, I learned they couldn't guarantee that they would replace the phones because they are discontinued, and it would take 10+ days to check (putting me outside of my return period). What? So now I'm just getting my $90 back at a $25 loss for expedited shipping to me, and I'm pretty angry about the whole thing. The worst part is that these felt like the perfect buds for me and there's no way to tell if the problem that is currently minor will or will not actually get worse. I now have no headphones of any kind to use and the speakers on my laptop are broken. This experience has let me know that I'm NEVER buying ANYTHING from panasonic again if possible (I need better CS than this) and that AT&T is truly awful. I'm really pretty turned off of headphones right now, my first "quality" purchase went incredibly wrong. Don't get me wrong, I would recommend the HJE900s themselves but certainly not buying them. Now I need to begin the search again for headphones of the same qualities, and chances are very slim that I will find any I think.

Dec 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #27 of 41

Quote:
Wow, I had a worse than awful experience with panasonic CS... part of it was the fact that 1. AT&T is the worst cell phone network in the US and I don't have a home phone (2.It dropped the call right before the CS person could explain what I had to do 4+ times when I used an iPhone, then when I switched phones the words kept getting slurred), part of it was the inability of the panasonic rep to tell me anything I needed to know. In the end, after wasting around an hour on the phone with them, I learned they couldn't guarantee that they would replace the phones because they are discontinued, and it would take 10+ days to check (putting me outside of my return period). What? So now I'm just getting my $90 back at a $25 loss for expedited shipping to me, and 3.I'm pretty angry about the whole thing. The worst part is that these felt like the perfect buds for me and there's no way to tell if the problem that is currently minor will or will not actually get worse. I now have no headphones of any kind to use and the speakers on my laptop are broken. This experience has let me know that I'm NEVER buying 4. ANYTHING from panasonic again if possible (I need better CS than this) and that AT&T is truly awful. I'm really pretty turned off of headphones right now, my first "quality" purchase went incredibly wrong. Don't get me wrong, I would recommend the HJE900s themselves but certainly not buying them. Now I need to begin the search again for headphones of the same qualities, and chances are very slim that I will find any I think.

1. Agreed.
2. Damm.
3.Understandable/not (The phones have been discontinued.....pretty much nothing you or them can do about it). 
4. Anything from Panasonic? More like J&R or Amazon or wherever it was purchased FROM not the maker.

In conclusion I hate customer service especially when I get someone I can't understand, AT&T (Not Iphone) didn't help this at all. All in all I would see if I could just purchase another from somewhere esle. If not go with your original plan, my personal experience with CS went perfect. The process damage wise is that you send it back to a designated location, include a note and mark the box with the product# they give you. Not sure what could go wrong with the simpleness of it but it seems like everything did go wrong. Sorry this happened to you again I would re-purchase or get something esle. Preferably re-purchase, smart and cheap plus you get something you know you like. At a low cost, kill two birds with one stone.

Dec 1, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #28 of 41
That's the thing, OneCall customer service was awesome... They solved my problems quickly and easily (or at least did the best they could). Great CS! They were out of stock, which is totally out of OneCall's power... but panasonic was totally useless. When I tried to talk to the robot on the phone, I ended up with a recorded message: "Please call *5 seconds of silence* for service" or something. Totally useless, and talking to the proper person was a huge pain. The least panasonic could do is tell me if they're actually going to replace the phones when I send them in, which I believe they might not be able to do due to kidcharlemagne's experience of receiving a pair of HJE300s when he sent in HJE900s. All of my problems stem directly from decisions made by/the customer support of Panasonic.

Also, I love the iPhone but not the network. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Believe me, I wish I could have HJE900s but of course, they are no longer available. Still, the worst part IMO is that I'm not even sure if these things will actually break catastrophically. For all I know my problem with one earbud will stay minor and manageable, but I just can't take that chance. 
mad.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #29 of 41
Confispect, are you really considering getting a 2nd pair of the HJE900? I know who to message when I plan on selling mine :)

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #30 of 41

Quote:
Confispect, are you really considering getting a 2nd pair of the HJE900? I know who to message when I plan on selling mine :)

To be honest I'm considering getting a monkey saving up for that is a pain, but definitely message me FIRST to see. But scrap that you should't sell such a great can I know you got other toys but......And I feel your pain Wyager .....expect a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back