History of the AKG K1000?
May 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #256 of 392
  VST plugins like 4front headphones should mimic something like the BAP-1000 I would think.

No need to 'mimic' - the german SAC KH 1000 built just for the AKG K-1000 really can't be beat in my eyes (ears).
And it is still readily available and even customizable.
I love my Black Box 'bass heavy' AKG K-1000 with my SAC KH-1000.
I sometimes use my Technics SU-V5 amp, also a winner in my ears.

May 17, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #257 of 392

No need to 'mimic' - the german SAC KH 1000 built just for the AKG K-1000 really can't be beat in my eyes (ears).

im just saying if people are interested in fiddling around with sound processors

May 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #258 of 392

im just saying if people are interested in fiddling around with sound processors

That's cool - I wasn't criticizing, just expressing my thorough enjoyment of my AKG K-1000 system.

May 17, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #259 of 392

Does the SAC KH 1000 include processor or is it "just" a straight amplifier ?

I concur on black box bass heavy (still a bit thin, particularly below 40 Hz ...) and Technics amps. I know the SUVx series, I am using a SU-V8. However, it is the small SU-C-04 that will mop the floor with most, if not all other amps available. It sounds good as it is, gets better if recapped, and absolutely amazing if properly modified. This amp, used within the limits of  its output capabilities, can hold , at the very least, its own when compared to anything, regardless of price. 

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #260 of 392
I opened my driver today and found nothing visibly wrong. Not sure what else to do about the rattle. Any help?

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #262 of 392
It rattles on some songs on certain notes. It is very repeatable: if I play the same song that caused rattle, it will cause rattle on the same note every time I play it. It is only in the right channel. I haven't really been able to identify if it is only on bass notes yet

Jul 27, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #265 of 392
It's very likely that it is the glue issue.
May you make a picture with strong illumation from the top of the driver, so that we can see the membrane glued...
I hope I can judge if its the glueing process....
BR heinz

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #268 of 392
Hi qazxsw80,
Thank your for the photo.
It's very obviously the membrane/glue problem.
You can imagine it very easely by your very perfect photo...
There should not any bright and dark area below the membrane glue area and the frame body! But there are lot's of it!
This create rattle noise or better called as rubb&buzz...
The recommandations I explained earlier in this thread will elliminate the problem.
But if you are not sure to can manage it manually, do not hesitate to send over this K1000 example to me, I'll repair it with out any extra cost for you expect shipping.
Best regards,
heinz

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #269 of 392
  Hi qazxsw80,
Thank your for the photo.
It's very obviously the membrane/glue problem.
You can imagine it very easely by your very perfect photo...
There should not any bright and dark area below the membrane glue area and the frame body! But there are lot's of it!
This create rattle noise or better called as rubb&buzz...
The recommandations I explained earlier in this thread will elliminate the problem.
But if you are not sure to can manage it manually, do not hesitate to send over this K1000 example to me, I'll repair it with out any extra cost for you expect shipping.
Best regards,
heinz

Thank you, but I was able to fix my pair myself using the method and the glue you recomended. Maybe It doesn't look very accurate because I'm not good at doing things that require precision but it works flawlessly. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back