History of the AKG K1000?
Jan 30, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 325

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Posts
20,230
Likes
234
Location
Cage
I think it originally was sold about 15 years ago. History of the K1000 seems pretty obscure. I couldn't find anything about it in a google search.

All I know is what is listed in the manual. It has a foward by Dr. Carl Poldy, AKG describing the theory behind the K1000's sound.

-Ed
 
Jan 30, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 325

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Posts
20,230
Likes
234
Location
Cage
AKG K2000 did exist before. Not as a headphone, looks like an old microphone. It's listed under AKG's discontinued products.

http://www.akg.com/products/pspic/image/11/image1055923477_imagehires1055923476_import3e4b6ab 9292e2.JPG

-Ed
 
Jan 31, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #5 of 325

Demolition

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Posts
1,297
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
I think it originally was sold about 15 years ago. History of the K1000 seems pretty obscure. I couldn't find anything about it in a google search.

All I know is what is listed in the manual. It has a foward by Dr. Carl Poldy, AKG describing the theory behind the K1000's sound.

-Ed


If you check the K 1000's service manual (PDF), you'll see that the document was issued in November, 1990.

If the service manual appeared shortly after the headphones themselves, then the K 1000 may have been around for as long as 15 years. (This is assuming that November, 1990, was the original issue date of that document.)

D.
 
Jan 31, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 325

Music Fanatic

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 10, 2003
Posts
3,805
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally posted by Demolition
If you check the K 1000's service manual (PDF), you'll see that the document was issued in November, 1990.

If the service manual appeared shortly after the headphones themselves, then the K 1000 may have been around for as long as 15 years. (This is assuming that November, 1990, was the original issue date of that document.)



Well, I don't follow our arithmetic(unless by shortly you mean 23 months), but I do appreciate your sharing this link to the K1000 service manual.
 
Jan 31, 2004 at 11:00 AM Post #12 of 325

Demolition

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Posts
1,297
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Well, I don't follow our arithmetic(unless by shortly you mean 23 months), but I do appreciate your sharing this link to the K1000 service manual.


I used to be an archaeologist. Any span of time less than 100 years qualifies as "shortly" in my view.
wink.gif


D.
 
Jan 31, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #13 of 325

Permonic

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Posts
1,178
Likes
10
According to this article: "...it synthesizes the key ideas from the Stax SR-Sigma and the Jecklin Float into a single design..."

I found somewhere, that the parameters of Jecklin Float Model 1 are: 5Hz - 25kHz, 200 Ohm, weight 385g.

That's how Jecklin Float Model 2 looks like:

9111CMJEC-IMG-HP-JECKLIN-A1.jpg

(Source: http://www.audiocircuit.com/9111-esh...1CMJEC-PIC.htm )

This guy, Martin Duerrentmatt is a father of Jecklin Float:

ACFB1F7.jpg

(source: http://www.avguide.ch/index.cfm?show...BF08EB9E47B99A )

Also check this link to see the info about Ergo Headphones (from the same company).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top