Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Aug 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #361 of 1,483
Quote:
Quote:
To be fair it sounds like your problem is not with HiSound but with the mailing system.. They can't take responsibility for your parcel nor be expected to know where it is if you don't. It is a pity you have has issues with it though. Did you send it with full tracking ? Did you have insurance on it ?

Mine has performed flawlessly for more than a year and sounds terrific. It's true the UI is basic but for me that is a big "SO What" since i bought the unit knowing that. It lets me find the music i want and lets me play it.. That's all it needs to do. 

This is not meant to be argumentative and i know it doesn't help but just a different experience and perspective.

To be fair, this could not be further from the truth. Yes, while it is true the Chinese mail system is now the primary suspect in my situation, why are they handling my goods to begin with? I can tell you why; it is because I have had to return my DAP to China on several occasions to fix problems that are solely related to Hisound Audio's quality and workmanship. I could care less about a UI that is blocky, counter-intuitive, and extremely primitive. What matters to me, and I assume you as well, is that the DAP actually works and that it sounds good.

Quote:
I'm thinking the issues here is he didn't use ems with tracking but shipped it basic. Things can get sticky in such situation although I agree with him wanting to ship it basic mail to save a lot of money. Especially after doing this three times. I think it would be fair for Jack to dispatch him a new unit when he provides a form of tracking on the package.

Luckily when I sent my 3rd ANV back it arrived in about a week and a half. But shipping to me took well over 3 weeks. Singapore mail sucks ass. Then it sat in New York for another week. New York post also sucks a big one.

Yes, this was my fault and second regret. I regret using a cheaper mailing delivery method, but it did not fail me the 2 times I sent the Studio-V back before and why should it? However, in my initial attempts to deal with Hisound, the sketchy Chinese mail system was my main concern. With that said, when you're constantly sending back a DAP to China for repairs, the fees begin to stack up sharply, especially when Hisound Audio charges you for shipping the fixed or replacement unit back, even though the fault of defection was solely theirs.

Quote:
hi, Treat 512, thank you for your feedback.
We have communicated with Treat 512 by emails. As we have told you it is not our fault to not got his parcel. We assume it was lost. 

You have use the normal shipping way to return it and it can't be follow where is your parcel. We also can't do any thing. you ask me to contact the custom, where it is and how we can?  how do you know your parcel was detained at the custom?

There is no any one contact with me except you. so, we really don't know how to get your parcel.

We have offer you a very favorite solution  to solve the problem. it is very attractive offer. We hope you can consider it.

Also, to other one complained with the shipping or some thing alike, please be aware, international shipping has lot of unexpected risk which we can't control.the only one for responsible is the carrier.

Hope you can understand our situation. thanks.

I should have listened to the other people and reviews when I decided to do business with Hisound Audio. Your company has given me nothing but trouble the entire time I have been a Hisound customer. Now it becomes no surprise to me why people do not speak about Hisound Audio when they speak about high quality DAPs. In less that a years time, I have sent your company 3 flagship Studio-V players because of problems with quality and integrity. Each time I have spent my own money to ship to you across the world and in a few instances, I have been told I need to pay for the return shipment of my fixed or replaced player. The entire experience has been nothing short of frustrating, disgraceful, and monetarily draining. To top it off, I have never dealt with such incompetence and lousiness when it comes to a product. I realize this can be a fickle industry, but a product of this fetching and caliber should not have such a dismal life expectancy. I feel nothing but contempt for your company, the way your run your business, and the way you treat your customers. Because of your company, I will try my hardest to avoid ever doing business with Chinese audio again, especially Hisound Audio. This means I am rejecting your "generous" offer of making me pay an additional $250 for another Studio-V player. Why would I give you more money, Jack? And how do I know you didn't receive my defective player and misplace it?

Oh and my first regret? Giving Hisound Audio my hard earned money.

I will second the sentiments expressed by Treal512, I too have had bad experiences with HiSound. I purchased the original Studio (at a discount due to a Head-Fi promo, but still not inexpensive), had to send it back to China when it became non-functional. The Anniversary was released at that time, and I threw more good money on upgrading to the new unit as long as I was sending mine back anyway (I disliked the hiss on the original, and had read it was corrected on the Anniversary). I soon had to return my Anniversary, as it stopped working. As for the shipping issue-Jack TOLD ME to ship it uninsured...he said tariffs would be too high if sent insured for what it cost. In fact, I had my wife send it and she didn't realize this, and I forgot, so we sent it insured AND HE REFUSED IT AND SENT IT BACK, and I had to ship it yet again (more expense, much time lost). It eventually came back working, but that was only to be for a short while (realize all these malfunctions were on fairly new units). I have posted my problems earlier in the thread, and some members have given me suggestions to try and fix it, but nothing worked. And Jack? I emailed him first, he told me to wait "a week" (must be 2 months ago), and there would be a firmware update that should fix my problem. Many of the suggestions from members involved firmware upgrades, but none of them worked. I have emailed Jack 2 or 3 times since, didn't get the courtesy of a response. I now have a pretty paperweight, and I'm pretty much resigned to it being history, and a total loss (I'm sure I'll never get a refund on this barely used unit). I can live with my ipod touch/lod/national combo, though I do think the Studio sounded better (and didn't involve all the bulk). However, the ipod has lasted for years now, and I know issues during the 1st year would have been managed with no headaches. Aside from the big manufacturers (Apple, Sony, Sansa, more), there are small companies that have an international presence, and will stand by their products. I'm thinking of maybe getting a Fiio X3, seems to be a big hit, the company is carried by many large vendors, including Amazon, and I've never read a bad thing about that company in the threads here. I'd strongly agree that sending your money to HiSound is a crap shoot...the player does sound good, but if you have bad reliability and awful customer service, you're asking for trouble.

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #363 of 1,483
I hadn't gotten a chance initially (swamped at work), then I PM'd you but never heard back. It's nothing urgent, have the ipod to listen to, if you still are up for checking it when you get back let me know, thanks.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #364 of 1,483
Quote:

Ehh, I don't want to get into it anymore really, but it's something along the lines of: hissing, crooked LED display, scratched up front faceplate, menu keys sticking because of a bloating Li-ion, and a UI stuck in limbo because it would not proceed beyond the initial bootup sequence (all of this can be found in my posts throughout this thread and the other Studio-V thread). My main point here is dealing with Hisound can be very risky and IMO, is not worth it. I've not had a worse custom experience.. but again, that's just my personal experience. If you do happen to decide to do business with Hisound Audio, all I can say is good luck.

Sounds like Hisound owes you a new unit or your money back.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #366 of 1,483
Quote:
Quote:

Ehh, I don't want to get into it anymore really, but it's something along the lines of: hissing, crooked LED display, scratched up front faceplate, menu keys sticking because of a bloating Li-ion, and a UI stuck in limbo because it would not proceed beyond the initial bootup sequence (all of this can be found in my posts throughout this thread and the other Studio-V thread). My main point here is dealing with Hisound can be very risky and IMO, is not worth it. I've not had a worse custom experience.. but again, that's just my personal experience. If you do happen to decide to do business with Hisound Audio, all I can say is good luck.

Sounds like Hisound owes you a new unit or your money back.

I don't think anyone is seeing their money back.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #367 of 1,483
Sorry to say the only way to prevent this for sure is to have some sort of tracking on the package. Otherwise you really can't get upset at the vendor for this. But I agree with your sentiments regarding QC issues. The thing is my unit has not has such issues (knock on wood) since the very first unit which did have issues with recharging. I did sent it back via basic mail as I've never had issues mailing to China. Well other than with MP4Nation and my unit getting stuck in customs due to the battery. I suggest you contact Jack and have them check with the post office or their Customs office as the player could be stuck in customs and needs to be picked up due to the illegal battery. It is technically illegal to ship these devices back to China with batteries to my knowledge and if they inspect the package and they could withhold it. Which was an issue I had regarding the Sflo2. It was stuck in customs for 2 months until I started bitching to MP4Nation (several emails and patiently waiting mind you) to go and investigate....

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #372 of 1,483
Mine has also worked fine since day one, other than a few UI quirks, I am very happy with it.  The shipping thing was one of my main concerns when ordering it. But it all worked out great in my case.

There are plenty of other examples of this same risk, even through Amazon and other sites.  Or other certain vendors I have seen on here that are in the US that seem to take the money and run....

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #373 of 1,483
Quote:
Sorry to say the only way to prevent this for sure is to have some sort of tracking on the package. Otherwise you really can't get upset at the vendor for this. But I agree with your sentiments regarding QC issues. The thing is my unit has not has such issues (knock on wood) since the very first unit which did have issues with recharging. I did sent it back via basic mail as I've never had issues mailing to China. Well other than with MP4Nation and my unit getting stuck in customs due to the battery. I suggest you contact Jack and have them check with the post office or their Customs office as the player could be stuck in customs and needs to be picked up due to the illegal battery. It is technically illegal to ship these devices back to China with batteries to my knowledge and if they inspect the package and they could withhold it. Which was an issue I had regarding the Sflo2. It was stuck in customs for 2 months until I started bitching to MP4Nation (several emails and patiently waiting mind you) to go and investigate....

I am not upset at Hisound for losing my package. I'll just leave that comment at that.

And I have contacted Jack about contacting his country's customs. He proceeded to ask ME to provide him with a Chinese customs phone number and when I provided him with one, he said it was an incorrect number and shrugged. Hisound has not lifted a finger for me other than dialing the one phone number I provided them. In my eyes, they have done nothing to help remedy the situation other than asking me for more money and that just adds to my belief that they are a 1st class lousy company.

I am now out a legitimate DAP and have no funds for purchasing anything worthwhile until I finish my studies in 2 years.

And to think, I sold my LCD-2 to help fund a Studio-V. GG.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #374 of 1,483
A quick question for the experts (I'm thinking of you, lee730 
smily_headphones1.gif
).  I own a second generation Studio V and have noticed that, although my MicroSD card has 200+ folders of 7-25 songs each for a total of 3000+ songs, the "random" play mode seems to cycle the same 100-or-so songs from the same 15-or-so folders.  My question:  has anyone figured out a way to reset, for lack of a better word, the "random" algorithm?  Thanks for any suggestions (but only the useful ones :wink: .

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #375 of 1,483
lol Louie I understand your frustration. The same thing happens to me as well. Try give this a try. Go to the resource menu and scroll to the external memory. When you are over this folder then click the right button and it will give you an option to folder play. Press to play all the folders from the external memory. Let me know if this helps. It might. I'm not sure though. There might be a long delay before music starts playing. With 3000 songs it took like 30 seconds or so to start. But once you press it just leave it alone and it will start playing.

Keep me posted :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back