Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Jul 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #331 of 1,483
Quote:

FLAC 0 got rid of all the clipping issues I had on the Studio V (this was with certain tracks) and it also sounded better than the FLAC with higher compression. Then I tried WAV and that sounded even better so I'm using strictly WAV with some mp3s here and there.

When I said I only use flac 0, I meant when I use flac. Still use wav a lot as well.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #332 of 1,483
Quote:

I used the older loader from the previous Studio V firmware and it worked. The sound may possibly sound a bit better. I don't know. I also don't feel like going back and comparing. But the UI has actually gotten worse IMO. I don't know what they meant to fix? When scrolling you have to do it by several clicks opposed to the option to hold down the up or down button before. Also when you want to go back up a directory you have to hold the middle button for a noticeably longer time to do so. Overall I'm not very happy. Still the sound may sound better and that may be its only saving grace here.

I wondered if that would work as well. Check with Jack to see if it gets everything in just to be sure. If so, they should just go back to that loader.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #333 of 1,483
Quote:
I wondered if that would work as well. Check with Jack to see if it gets everything in just to be sure. If so, they should just go back to that loader.

I already did it it does work. Anyways would you be able to provide me the older firmware for both DT and BA? I ended up messing it up and just deleted it. Should have kept the rar but figured I could just download it again. ie2hans links are dead now ;(. This new firmware it too irritating to keep.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #334 of 1,483
Quote:
I was thinking about it a few nights ago. I think one way to do this would be.

1) You're on the playing screen.
2) Hold the middle button.
3) instead of just Internal Media and External Media options add a back option inside that menu.

It would look like this

Back Menu
Internal Media
External Media

Make back menu the first one highlighted. This feature could possibly work no matter where you in the albums, tracks or play screen by holding the middle button for a second.

That's my take on it...

This sounds like a great idea!

On another note, I sure am glad I didn't get to try out the new firmware! What!?
size]

Jul 23, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #336 of 1,483
Quote:
Do you have the old firmware? If so can you drop box me it?

mad.gif
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files also, you did say, in that new page you created for firmware dl:  "Anyways if you need to revert back you can use the Hisound firmware thread to acquire the older firmwares for all 3 players"

Anyway, as for the updates only working on winxp/7, i'm quite dissapointed in it. All my PCs run windows 8 and/or ubuntu. Well, last time i swapped out the firmware I did it on a win 7 virtual machine over windows 8.

Jul 23, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #337 of 1,483
Quote:
mad.gif
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files also, you did say, in that new page you created for firmware dl:  "Anyways if you need to revert back you can use the Hisound firmware thread to acquire the older firmwares for all 3 players"

Anyway, as for the updates only working on winxp/7, i'm quite dissapointed in it. All my PCs run windows 8 and/or ubuntu. Well, last time i swapped out the firmware I did it on a win 7 virtual machine over windows 8.

Whippler those links no longer work. I tried. I need the files from someone. Also you are able to use the loader from the older firmware to update the program. Just a bit stupid that they wouldn't ensure everything is working before releasing it. Including the directions as well as the loader itself....

Edit: Never mind the links are working again? Strange it wasn't working at all earlier. Thanks at least I got the old firmwares again. As I said above though you can load the new firmware from Windows 7 by using the older loader from the link you provided. I did it and it did work but there are too many issues with the new firmware and no improvements at all from what I can tell. I don't even know what the new firmware was suppose to improve? They mainly need to fix the back button to allow you to go back one menu at a time as that is my main grip with this player a well as most other people...

Jul 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #339 of 1,483
Quote:
Too bad, i'm hoping it would help with the hiss little more. Haven't been using my studio 3 anv in a long while now.

Whippler look into the Flat 4 Sui or Kuro as that would get rid of the hiss issue. These are not that sensitive at all (Are you referring to the 3rd ANV or the second generation?). The 3rd ANV is quite quiet in comparison the the second gen unit.

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #342 of 1,483
Quote:

I already did it it does work. Anyways would you be able to provide me the older firmware for both DT and BA? I ended up messing it up and just deleted it. Should have kept the rar but figured I could just download it again. ie2hans links are dead now ;(. This new firmware it too irritating to keep.

No prob. I just put the zipped file in public dropbox. They're all in the one compressed file and should download sans quirks. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108896078/FW.7z

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #343 of 1,483
Quote:

I didn't doubt it worked. Just thought it prudent to ask. I think it writes the entire file so I wouldn't worry either.

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #344 of 1,483
Quote:

I already did it it does work. Anyways would you be able to provide me the older firmware for both DT and BA? I ended up messing it up and just deleted it. Should have kept the rar but figured I could just download it again. ie2hans links are dead now ;(. This new firmware it too irritating to keep.That

That's too bad, I was hoping that there would be some notable improvements with this. I wanted the player to remember that I had chosen random and also where I last left off in a song. My Sansa Clip Zip can do it so why can't the Studio 5 3rd Anniv?

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #345 of 1,483
Well dang, guess it was a good thing I left my player at work yesterday.  Think I will wait till they sort this out...
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back