At Hisound's discretion, I've uploaded both firmware files for both the Studio and RoCoo. Courtesy of our good friend Jack, of Hisound, of course.
- Studio -Original.zip
- Studio DT-BA 20111223动铁固件.rar
- Studio DT-DYNAMIC 20111223动圈固件.rar
- RoCoo Firmware (20111223).rar
- RoCoo P firmware (20111223）.rar
Instructions can be found within the respective zip files. I'll update where necessary. Happy listening fellas!
DISCLAIMER: I'm merely uploading the exact files I received from Jack, so for all intents and purposes, please refer to hisound for all troubleshooting. Thank you.
Info base on china Hisoundaudio forums http://bbs.hisoundaudio.net, the version of FW release for Studio V are as follow.
Tracks not playing and displaying question marks? Try the following instructions (for Studio-V):
From beginning to end, I did exactly as follows, after which all files worked flawlessly:
- With the Studio-V already off, push the RESET button down for a second or two, then release.
- Hold down the MIDDLE key for 2-3 seconds, after which the player shouldn't turn on of course, because of step 1. Then, release the MIDDLE key.
- Wait ~15 seconds.
- After ~15 seconds, hold the UP key, and all the while, connect the USB cable to the Studio-V.
- The windows 'da-dun!' sound should confirm that the Studio-V is connected.
- Continuing to hold the UP key, and launch the respective firmware .exe file (StUpdaterApp_4MIN.exe in my case; the latest Studio-V dynamic firmware file)
- At this point, the Studio's screen should appear all fuzzy/grainy, which is what you want. Once this appears, you may now release the UP key.
- Within the program itself, make sure 'Format Data Area' and 'Full media Erase' are CHECKED.
- Hit start, and left the software do it's job.
- Upon completion, safely remove (very important) the Studio-V, switch it on, and confirm that it's fully functional.
- Reconnect the Studio-V, drag and drop whichever tracks/albums were initially displaying questions marks, and wait for the files to transfer.
- After the files have transferred, once again, safely removed the Studio-V.
- Switch it on again, go into the source manager and located the files/albums that were just transferred, and confirm that there are no more question marks.
- All file formats should now work flawlessly.
Hope that helps! Enjoy.
Edited by i2ehan - 1/21/12 at 11:48am