Hisound Studio & RoCoo Firmware Files
Jan 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #16 of 144
You can check your version to see if "btn sound" has been change to "key tone". If it's "key tone" it's more likely a newer fw update.

I know that goodvibes just received another Rocoo. In this unit there's yet another fw, presumable newer, with the "btn sound" changed to "key tone".
With this version he doesn't experience the change in sound when turning on/off the "key tone". 

When I used the dynamic fw on the Studio there was a change in sound as well, when turning the "btn sound" on/off.
With the Studio "original fw" with "key tone" instead of "btn sound" I now hear no difference. Never bothered to check it before now.
Therefore I believe that the "original fw" must be a later release, because it does make some kind of sense in all this fw confusion

Even if the "original firmware" is a slightly newer fw, doesn't mean it is going to sound better than the dynamic (that many do prefer, but some doesn't), but the 
"key tone" thing seems to be fixed in this release and it bothered me a lot that it sounded different when turning it on/off.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #17 of 144

Quote:
Even if the "original firmware" is a slightly newer fw, doesn't mean it is going to sound better than the dynamic (that many do prefer, but some doesn't), but the "key tone" thing seems to be fixed in this release and it bothered me a lot that it sounded different when turning it on/off.

Has anybody actually asked Jack@HiSound to confirm or deny "what's up" w/the FW revisions?

I'm looking for: 'The Latest/Greatest DYNAMIC w/ 'Key Tone' fixed if anybody knows...?

Seems like that would be a good idea...Yes/No?....Or, do I have to volunteer....
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #18 of 144

Quote:

Has anybody actually asked Jack@HiSound to confirm or deny "what's up" w/the FW revisions?

I'm looking for: 'The Latest/Greatest DYNAMIC w/ 'Key Tone' fixed if anybody knows...?

Seems like that would be a good idea...Yes/No?....Or, do I have to volunteer....
rolleyes.gif

Great idea. I'll shoot him an email and come back with his answer here, unless he decides to answer it here himself...

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #19 of 144
I wish I could be of help, but I quite literally just uploaded the files EXACTLY as Jack sent them to me, no changes made on my part. The best place to reach Jack is Skype (hisoundaudio), as I've seen him online regularly, but in the very late night hours, by EST that is.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #20 of 144
I have written him an email regarding the FW topic so we will see what comes out of this, otherwise I may try and see if I can reach him through Skype.

I noticed one thing with the "original FW". I recall in one of the HS threads that members was requesting the possibility of a 'lock feature" so the volume button couldn't be accessed while the
player was in a pocket and thereby accidentally increase the volume.

Well, with this FW the player can now be set in lock mode. By leaving the "now playing screen" and then holding the left button for a few sec. Reverse the same way.

Is this also possible with the new Rocoo FW, the one with "Key tone" feature ?
Maybe goodvibes will chime in on this if he reads this?

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #21 of 144

Quote:
You can check your version to see if "btn sound" has been change to "key tone". If it's "key tone" it's more likely a newer fw update.

I know that goodvibes just received another Rocoo. In this unit there's yet another fw, presumable newer, with the "btn sound" changed to "key tone".
With this version he doesn't experience the change in sound when turning on/off the "key tone". 

When I used the dynamic fw on the Studio there was a change in sound as well, when turning the "btn sound" on/off.
With the Studio "original fw" with "key tone" instead of "btn sound" I now hear no difference. Never bothered to check it before now.
Therefore I believe that the "original fw" must be a later release, because it does make some kind of sense in all this fw confusion

Even if the "original firmware" is a slightly newer fw, doesn't mean it is going to sound better than the dynamic (that many do prefer, but some doesn't), but the 
"key tone" thing seems to be fixed in this release and it bothered me a lot that it sounded different when turning it on/off.

To be more accurate, I find that I prefer the key tone off instead of on with the newer unit. There's still a dif but it's smaller. I've PM'd Jack to see if this can be available for download. No lock feature on RoCoo.

I earlier warned against trying the 'studio original' FW on RoCoo. It was because I inadvertently locked it. LOL   What's odd here is that the larger SB file in the original FW is dated 10/20 and these tend to retain the last date they were worked on.

For kicks, I tried the Original again on my 1st Rocoo and it does work with key lock. Now, because there's no line in feature etc. there may be a way to brick it so I'm not recommending doing so but it now sounds very similar to the newer Rocco with it's factory installed FW that also has 'Key tone' in the menu. The very slight difference may be no more than the time on them. These sound good here. I know the Dynamic FW is fuller and this more Mid present. Don't know which is better on a Studio but this one is the better of the 2 on the Rocoo along with the RoCoo20111223固件 fw and what came preinstalled on my more recent RoCoo. If the Rocoos are now coming with what I received in my 2nd unit, life is good with Key off. For a different perspective there's always the other dedicated RoCoo FW's (Btn on for me with those).

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #25 of 144

Quote:
So, for us Studio DYNAMIC fans: 'Studio DT-DYNAMIC 20111223' is still the latest/greatest version....and turning 'BTN Sound' off is best. Yes/No?

Yes, according to Jack this is the latest Studio DT- Dynamic FW . I would just turn off the "Btn sound" since I don't really hear much of a difference when on or off. But you can for yourself try and see if you can detect any difference?

On the Rocoo-P, using its appropriate fw's, there seem to be a difference when  "Btn sound" is on/off.  I'm still not sure why.

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #27 of 144

Quote:
I think there's a slight difference with all but it's debatable which way is better. I personally prefer Btn on with the Rocoo FWs and the slight extra presence it brings to the IEMs I've been using. 

What is the slight difference you got from Btn on or off with your Rocoo-P..?
Is it noticeable if you pair it with Porta Pro?

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #29 of 144
STUDIO Menu > Settings > Ver Infor  will tell you what FW you are running.

Mine says 'DT-DYNAMIC 20111223'  which is the latest/greatest DYNAMIC. 

1.04a is not the same thing. As 'JupiterKnight' said above: FW is a personal choice since each sounds different, at least between DYNAMIC and all the others.

I listen to mostly rock, rock, and more rock so I like DYNAMIC best....your results may vary.
My advice: try 'em

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #30 of 144

Quote:
What is the slight difference you got from Btn on or off with your Rocoo-P..?
Is it noticeable if you pair it with Porta Pro?

It's a bit more emphasis in the snare range but it's subtle and I actually don't prefer it in all my setups so just try and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back