Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Jul 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #346 of 1,483
Agreed.

Someone did mention the unit keeping other settings now on restart such as random, normal play etc. Although they really do need to fix the back function to make the player more appealing. It's already lacking in terms of having to access music from the directory. Being able to go back a single menu at a time is simply basic stuff here.

Jul 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #347 of 1,483
Quote:
Agreed.

Someone did mention the unit keeping other settings now on restart such as random, normal play etc. Although they really do need to fix the back function to make the player more appealing. It's already lacking in terms of having to access music from the directory. Being able to go back a single menu at a time is simply basic stuff here.

+∞
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #348 of 1,483
Hey Guys/Girls

First post on this forum. Recently got my 3rd Ann. Initially freak out thinking it was broken due to the 'airyness' in my music, I guess I had gotten used to the sound from my Galaxy S3. Though now Im loving the wide soundstage.
Not a big fan of the 'hiss' though, as im currently using the Shure se215, I have the Heir Audio 4Ai coming soon and really want to get its full potential out without hearing the hiss. My question is whats the best portable amp to get, in terms of bang-for-buck. I read that the Corda quickstep is transparent enough without changing the sound of the 3rd Ann. but was wondering if there are others which are not as pricey.

Cheers

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #349 of 1,483
Quote:
Hey Guys/Girls

First post on this forum. Recently got my 3rd Ann. Initially freak out thinking it was broken due to the 'airyness' in my music, I guess I had gotten used to the sound from my Galaxy S3. Though now Im loving the wide soundstage.
Not a big fan of the 'hiss' though, as im currently using the Shure se215, I have the Heir Audio 4Ai coming soon and really want to get its full potential out without hearing the hiss. My question is whats the best portable amp to get, in terms of bang-for-buck. I read that the Corda quickstep is transparent enough without changing the sound of the 3rd Ann. but was wondering if there are others which are not as pricey.

Cheers

Contact rudi and ask him. He has experience with amping the 3rd ANV. I think he likes an RSA type amp with it best. Good luck

http://www.head-fi.org/u/170431/rudi0504

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #350 of 1,483
I'm getting so fed up dealing with Hisound that I don't know where to turn to anymore, so I have to voice my concerns here. The Studio-V is a great sounding DAP, but when you have to send said mp3 player back to China 3 times to make sure that what you're getting is quality and won't break apart in less than a years time, there's a problem. To add on top of that, you're shipping to China and having huge turnaround times that are or aren't worth it. Guess which camp I'm in?

For example, I won't describe my prior experiences (each of them equally as eventful), but right now I am facing a situation where my package has completely vanished according to Hisound. My package sent to Hisound in China for repairs was last seen leaving the USPS O-Hare International shipping location in Chicago, IL on JUNE 17TH (yes, almost 2 months ago) for China. That means the package left the last known shipping point in the US and went "poof" in China. I have since contacted Hisound multiple times about customs, etc. only to be told by JACK#35252 that they don't know where it is and to contact the shipping system that I used. Well, I have, and well, that's all there is to it. I'm out hundreds of dollars at this point with no way to recoop and I am unable to reasonably speak with the Chinese mail system or Hisound audio. I don't have a clue what to do right now, but I'm extremely broke and pretty upset.

damn.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #351 of 1,483
Quote:
I'm getting so fed up dealing with Hisound that I don't know where to turn to anymore, so I have to voice my concerns here. The Studio-V is a great sounding DAP, but when you have to send said mp3 player back to China 3 times to make sure that what you're getting is quality and won't break apart in less than a years time, there's a problem. To add on top of that, you're shipping to China and having huge turnaround times that are or aren't worth it. Guess which camp I'm in?

For example, I won't describe my prior experiences (each of them equally as eventful), but right now I am facing a situation where my package has completely vanished according to Hisound. My package sent to Hisound in China for repairs was last seen leaving the USPS O-Hare International shipping location in Chicago, IL on JUNE 17TH (yes, almost 2 months ago) for China. That means the package left the last known shipping point in the US and went "poof" in China. I have since contacted Hisound multiple times about customs, etc. only to be told by JACK#35252 that they don't know where it is and to contact the shipping system that I used. Well, I have, and well, that's all there is to it. I'm out hundreds of dollars at this point with no way to recoop and I am unable to reasonably speak with the Chinese mail system or Hisound audio. I don't have a clue what to do right now, but I'm extremely broke and pretty upset.

damn.

+1

Seriously hisound really need an better os and customer service. Its such a shame for an great sounding DAP to get this kind of problem. I gotta pay for fixing my studio v for an os problem (im sure it wasnt my fault since the player kept asking me the same question over and over without being able to turn on) which is somewhat dissappointing.
Btw this dissappearing thing happen before to someone when they sent their studio v back and then gone.

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #352 of 1,483
To be fair it sounds like your problem is not with HiSound but with the mailing system.. They can't take responsibility for your parcel nor be expected to know where it is if you don't. It is a pity you have has issues with it though. Did you send it with full tracking ? Did you have insurance on it ?

Mine has performed flawlessly for more than a year and sounds terrific. It's true the UI is basic but for me that is a big "SO What" since i bought the unit knowing that. It lets me find the music i want and lets me play it.. That's all it needs to do. 

This is not meant to be argumentative and i know it doesn't help but just a different experience and perspective.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #353 of 1,483
Its true that Hisound needs to use faster and more reliable mailing system though. Sent my player for RMA and as they used the cheapest shipping method and it took three months and few weeks to reach me. During the process I couldn't check the status of the player at all until it passed the customs and only then I could check with my tracking number. That was really long period considering I was only left with my blackberry(lousy source) while on the go......

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #354 of 1,483
I'm thinking the issues here is he didn't use ems with tracking but shipped it basic. Things can get sticky in such situation although I agree with him wanting to ship it basic mail to save a lot of money. Especially after doing this three times. I think it would be fair for Jack to dispatch him a new unit when he provides a form of tracking on the package.

Luckily when I sent my 3rd ANV back it arrived in about a week and a half. But shipping to me took well over 3 weeks. Singapore mail sucks ass. Then it sat in New York for another week. New York post also sucks a big one.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #356 of 1,483
hi, Treat 512, thank you for your feedback.
We have communicated with Treat 512 by emails. As we have told you it is not our fault to not got his parcel. We assume it was lost. 

You have use the normal shipping way to return it and it can't be follow where is your parcel. We also can't do any thing. you ask me to contact the custom, where it is and how we can?  how do you know your parcel was detained at the custom?

There is no any one contact with me except you. so, we really don't know how to get your parcel.

We have offer you a very favorite solution  to solve the problem. it is very attractive offer. We hope you can consider it.

Also, to other one complained with the shipping or some thing alike, please be aware, international shipping has lot of unexpected risk which we can't control.the only one for responsible is the carrier.

Hope you can understand our situation. thanks.

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #358 of 1,483
Quote:
To be fair it sounds like your problem is not with HiSound but with the mailing system.. They can't take responsibility for your parcel nor be expected to know where it is if you don't. It is a pity you have has issues with it though. Did you send it with full tracking ? Did you have insurance on it ?

Mine has performed flawlessly for more than a year and sounds terrific. It's true the UI is basic but for me that is a big "SO What" since i bought the unit knowing that. It lets me find the music i want and lets me play it.. That's all it needs to do. 

This is not meant to be argumentative and i know it doesn't help but just a different experience and perspective.

To be fair, this could not be further from the truth. Yes, while it is true the Chinese mail system is now the primary suspect in my situation, why are they handling my goods to begin with? I can tell you why; it is because I have had to return my DAP to China on several occasions to fix problems that are solely related to Hisound Audio's quality and workmanship. I could care less about a UI that is blocky, counter-intuitive, and extremely primitive. What matters to me, and I assume you as well, is that the DAP actually works and that it sounds good.

Quote:
I'm thinking the issues here is he didn't use ems with tracking but shipped it basic. Things can get sticky in such situation although I agree with him wanting to ship it basic mail to save a lot of money. Especially after doing this three times. I think it would be fair for Jack to dispatch him a new unit when he provides a form of tracking on the package.

Luckily when I sent my 3rd ANV back it arrived in about a week and a half. But shipping to me took well over 3 weeks. Singapore mail sucks ass. Then it sat in New York for another week. New York post also sucks a big one.

Yes, this was my fault and second regret. I regret using a cheaper mailing delivery method, but it did not fail me the 2 times I sent the Studio-V back before and why should it? However, in my initial attempts to deal with Hisound, the sketchy Chinese mail system was my main concern. With that said, when you're constantly sending back a DAP to China for repairs, the fees begin to stack up sharply, especially when Hisound Audio charges you for shipping the fixed or replacement unit back, even though the fault of defection was solely theirs.

Quote:
hi, Treat 512, thank you for your feedback.
We have communicated with Treat 512 by emails. As we have told you it is not our fault to not got his parcel. We assume it was lost. 

You have use the normal shipping way to return it and it can't be follow where is your parcel. We also can't do any thing. you ask me to contact the custom, where it is and how we can?  how do you know your parcel was detained at the custom?

There is no any one contact with me except you. so, we really don't know how to get your parcel.

We have offer you a very favorite solution  to solve the problem. it is very attractive offer. We hope you can consider it.

Also, to other one complained with the shipping or some thing alike, please be aware, international shipping has lot of unexpected risk which we can't control.the only one for responsible is the carrier.

Hope you can understand our situation. thanks.

I should have listened to the other people and reviews when I decided to do business with Hisound Audio. Your company has given me nothing but trouble the entire time I have been a Hisound customer. Now it becomes no surprise to me why people do not speak about Hisound Audio when they speak about high quality DAPs. In less that a years time, I have sent your company 3 flagship Studio-V players because of problems with quality and integrity. Each time I have spent my own money to ship to you across the world and in a few instances, I have been told I need to pay for the return shipment of my fixed or replaced player. The entire experience has been nothing short of frustrating, disgraceful, and monetarily draining. To top it off, I have never dealt with such incompetence and lousiness when it comes to a product. I realize this can be a fickle industry, but a product of this fetching and caliber should not have such a dismal life expectancy. I feel nothing but contempt for your company, the way your run your business, and the way you treat your customers. Because of your company, I will try my hardest to avoid ever doing business with Chinese audio again, especially Hisound Audio. This means I am rejecting your "generous" offer of making me pay an additional $250 for another Studio-V player. Why would I give you more money, Jack? And how do I know you didn't receive my defective player and misplace it?

Oh and my first regret? Giving Hisound Audio my hard earned money.

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #359 of 1,483
Quote:

To be fair, this could not be further from the truth. Yes, while it is true the Chinese mail system is now the primary suspect in my situation, why are they handling my goods to begin with? I can tell you why; it is because I have had to return my DAP to China on several occasions to fix problems that are solely related to Hisound Audio's quality and workmanship. I could care less about a UI that is blocky, counter-intuitive, and extremely primitive. What matters to me, and I assume you as well, is that the DAP actually works and that it sounds good.

Yes, this was my fault and second regret. I regret using a cheaper mailing delivery method, but it did not fail me the 2 times I sent the Studio-V back before and why should it? However, in my initial attempts to deal with Hisound, the sketchy Chinese mail system was my main concern. With that said, when you're constantly sending back a DAP to China for repairs, the fees begin to stack up sharply, especially when Hisound Audio charges you for shipping the fixed or replacement unit back, even though the fault of defection was solely theirs.

I should have listened to the other people and reviews when I decided to do business with Hisound Audio. Your company has given me nothing but trouble the entire time I have been a Hisound customer. Now it becomes no surprise to me why people do not speak about Hisound Audio when they speak about high quality DAPs. In less that a years time, I have sent your company 3 flagship Studio-V players because of problems with quality and integrity. Each time I have spent my own money to ship to you across the world and in a few instances, I have been told I need to pay for the return shipment of my fixed or replaced player. The entire experience has been nothing short of frustrating, disgraceful, and monetarily draining. To top it off, I have never dealt with such incompetence and lousiness when it comes to a product. I realize this can be a fickle industry, but a product of this fetching and caliber should not have such a dismal life expectancy. I feel nothing but contempt for your company, the way your run your business, and the way you treat your customers. Because of your company, I will try my hardest to avoid ever doing business with Chinese audio again, especially Hisound Audio. This means I am rejecting your "generous" offer of making me pay an additional $250 for another Studio-V player. Why would I give you more money, Jack? And how do I know you didn't receive my defective player and misplace it?

Oh and my first regret? Giving Hisound Audio my hard earned money.

It sounds like you have had an awful experience, what were the issues that caused you to send it back so many times?

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #360 of 1,483
Quote:
It sounds like you have had an awful experience, what were the issues that caused you to send it back so many times?

Ehh, I don't want to get into it anymore really, but it's something along the lines of: hissing, crooked LED display, scratched up front faceplate, menu keys sticking because of a bloating Li-ion, and a UI stuck in limbo because it would not proceed beyond the initial bootup sequence (all of this can be found in my posts throughout this thread and the other Studio-V thread). My main point here is dealing with Hisound can be very risky and IMO, is not worth it. I've not had a worse custom experience.. but again, that's just my personal experience. If you do happen to decide to do business with Hisound Audio, all I can say is good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back