Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Aug 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #376 of 1,483
Lee or goodvibes would know better but I would try removing the card and then deleting the system folder from the players internal memory forcing it to re-initialize the index.  Might have got stuck in a loop or something.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #377 of 1,483
Quote:
Lee or goodvibes would know better but I would try removing the card and then deleting the system folder from the players internal memory forcing it to re-initialize the index.  Might have got stuck in a loop or something.

That could work. I don't know though. If its the same tracks I'd assume it would do the same thing. Let me know if that works though. :)

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #378 of 1,483
Anyone noticed that sometimes the player seems louder when you turn it on then at other times? I know this seems weird, but I was listening to my Studio V 3rd anniversary yesterday at probably volume 1 or 2(I don't want to kill my hearing) and today to get the same volume with the same headphones(UE Triple Fi 10), I have the volume at 6. I did a reset to default but that did not seem to do it. I did delete the system folder yesterday because I felt the player needed it. Maybe It is just me though.

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #379 of 1,483
Quote:

That could work. I don't know though. If its the same tracks I'd assume it would do the same thing. Let me know if that works though. :)

I did this today comparing the list of random tracks before and after deleting the system folder and they were different except the first track was the same (weird).

I also noticed that if I skipped forward four tracks I could skip backward to the track I started skipping from, but if I skipped forward five tracks it would loose the first track.  To me this indicates that it has a four or five track buffer.  If I skipped forward to check what track was next and then skipped back five tracks from the original track it would loose the track after the first track.  Again indicating a  five song buffer.

The last thing I did was skip forward a few tracks from the first track to check the order, then turned the unit off and then back on and set it to random again.  It started with the same first track as it always has, but the following tracks were different than before I restarted.

It does seem to be shuffling in new tracks (except the first one).  I have about 2500 flac tracks on the external card and nothing on the internal memory (except the system and an empty playlist folders)

Hope that all made sense.
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #380 of 1,483
Quote:
Anyone noticed that sometimes the player seems louder when you turn it on then at other times? I know this seems weird, but I was listening to my Studio V 3rd anniversary yesterday at probably volume 1 or 2(I don't want to kill my hearing) and today to get the same volume with the same headphones(UE Triple Fi 10), I have the volume at 6. I did a reset to default but that did not seem to do it. I did delete the system folder yesterday because I felt the player needed it. Maybe It is just me though.

Nope you aren't going crazy. I agree with you. Seems to be every 3rd restart this happens. Like the gain is lowered significantly requiring more volume. I've mentioned this a few times in the past.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #381 of 1,483
Quote:

Nope you aren't going crazy. I agree with you. Seems to be every 3rd restart this happens. Like the gain is lowered significantly requiring more volume. I've mentioned this a few times in the past.

Good to know, I would think this would be fixed in one of their firmware updates. I know that the latest firmware update was not that great and I think from what I read, most went back to an earlier version. But, did the latest update address the volume issue? I think if they got the firmware ironed out that this payer could be so much more stable than it is.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #384 of 1,483
I think they recalled back the latest firmware cos it was too buggy to be used.

That is unfortunate, I read that the firmware was pretty bad. It is funny that my Studio can remember the volume setting but cannot remember the last track it was playing. I was hoping that the new firmware could fix it so that the gain does not fluctuate, meaning sometimes the player is louder. Consistency would be nice.

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #386 of 1,483
Do you think the issue with the volume is from not remembering tracks? I'm not sure I follow you?

No, I have no idea why the sound fluctuates, just listing the annoyances of the player\firmware. I said that it was funny how the player could remember that I had it set at volume 1 for example, I turn the player off and when I turn the player back on it remembers the volume settting, but cannot remember the track it was playing before I turned it off.

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #387 of 1,483
I agree with you. You'd think something like this would be easy? But apparently not. I just enjoy the player for what it is. The UI is mediocre at best but easy enough to use. I'd love for them to fix the current issues but after the nova fiasco I'm not that sure it will happen. FWIW I'm using the device more than my AK120 while out and about. There's enough pluses for me to deal with the negatives.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #389 of 1,483
  It sure is handy. I can fit both it and my jh13s in a 3.5" square soft pouch. That and it's battery life made it great to have on holiday.

So it pairs quite well with your JH13? Thanks so much for that mod to the firmware. Prat is excellent now IMO. A slight warmth to the mid range yet it still has that uber detail. The treble is also slightly smoother due to this. Pairs extremely well with the Flat 4 SUI as well as very good on the SE5. The 1Plus2 is still good but these two pairings are even better. It's a bit too forward still on the 1Plus2 with the gold cable. The AK120 is for the 1Plus2.

Sep 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #390 of 1,483
So it pairs quite well with your JH13? Thanks so much for that mod to the firmware. Prat is excellent now IMO. A slight warmth to the mid range yet it still has that uber detail. The treble is also slightly smoother due to this. Pairs extremely well with the Flat 4 SUI as well as very good on the SE5. The 1Plus2 is still good but these two pairings are even better. It's a bit too forward still on the 1Plus2 with the gold cable. The AK120 is for the 1Plus2.

Wait wait wait, what mod? What's going in around here!?:)

And yeah, it pairs very well with jh13 pre fp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back