Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Mar 25, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #451 of 632
whats the best place to buy it? I'm in EU and kind of not finding it.... :frowning2: 
thx!

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #452 of 632
Quote:
whats the best place to buy it? I'm in EU and kind of not finding it.... :frowning2: 
thx!

Contact Jack from Hisound. You can send him a PM as well.. The BA may have been discontinued. In that case I recommend waiting for the new Studio V to be released as that is a clear upgrade. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/u/180469/hisound

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #456 of 632
Quote:
yes that is normal. 

Well its normal if you have dirty tags or a huge amount of files on your card. With a 64 GB card filled with flac it would take about 35 to 40 seconds to initialize. With the same card filled with WAV about 20 to 25 seconds.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #457 of 632
I have about 20 gb on a 32 gb card. Most files are ogg and some are flac. I tried cleaning the tags with MusicBrainz app for mac. Most were cleaned, but about 10% of fioes didn't clean. 
Start time is over two minutes. 
Anything else I can do to diminish start up time? 

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #458 of 632
I have about 20 gb on a 32 gb card. Most files are ogg and some are flac. I tried cleaning the tags with MusicBrainz app for mac. Most were cleaned, but about 10% of fioes didn't clean. 
Start time is over two minutes. 
Anything else I can do to diminish start up time? 

If I'm adding new files to my BA it will take a couple of minutes to initialize after ejecting on the first boot, however after that once it will boot in about 10 - 15 seconds and I have a 32GB card almost full. I suggest deleting the SYSTEM folder via your PC and let it resort the folders. Also, You could try removing your tags all together with MP3Tag, (if you only sort by folder). Try a different card too, or format the one you have and start fresh.

I've had a few albums ripped with EAC that wouldn't play, so I simply removed the tags all together.

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #459 of 632
Just decided to open my BA and see what was wrong. Adjusted the button silicon sheet and it works fine. Cant believe how good it sounds. I would love to see the future revision with hard transparent casing. Inside of BA looks really nice. 

They really made sure no would could ever guess what opamp they use in their BA.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #465 of 632
If you look closely atb the top pic and/or measure, you'll see there are a couple of 220mf coupling caps after the opamp and what looks to be a single transistor following those to the output jack. The 220mf shouldn't be affected by load (doesn't mean they couldn't be larger) due to the transistor buffer and the output may be class A, but likely only at that last transistor buffer so as not to be too inefficient. I could be reading it wrong but that's also how the Studio looked with different amp section, larger caps(I think) and more populated board. I checked the path but circuits aren't always as they seem. Not that important in the big picture. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back