Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Mar 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #422 of 632
Is the battery really that bad? H20 seems to find the battery half decent at least... 12 plus hours of playback. Still that is in 4 to 5 hour intervals and allowing the device to rest inbetween. The came concept applies to the Studio V.

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #423 of 632
it's not bad at all, it's just that when I first bought my first Hisound player which was the Rocoo P, I would use it exclusively as my portable dap and use it quite a bit. I would forget to charge it from day to day and would start the day/session on an already drained battery which can be super annoying if your stuck with a dead battery while on the go. Enter the battery pack, it saved me many a time from having to leave my Rocoo behind.
Of course I ended up getting the BA and the Studio so I NEVER HAD TO SUFFER FROM THIS WRETCHED FEELING OF LONELINESS AND DESPAIR BROUGHT ON BY A DEAD BATTERY EVER AGAIN!
size]

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #424 of 632
Quote:
Is the battery really that bad? H20 seems to find the battery half decent at least... 12 plus hours of playback. Still that is in 4 to 5 hour intervals and allowing the device to rest inbetween. The came concept applies to the Studio V.

The playback is decent but the problem is you always need to turn on auto shutdown after boot up and there are times I forget about it specially when your on the go  

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #425 of 632
This BA here gets 12 hours running FLAC possibly a litte more because I haven't run it flat yet. I'm doing 4 hours at a time over 3 nights and some quick song listening In between. But when you do charge it takes around 3 hours roughly? Using the wall charger. That's my only huff is it's best to charge when you go to bed.

Regarding the auto shutdown I'm pretty sure this BA stays set unless you delete the system folder. Pretty sure.

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #426 of 632
Quote:
The playback is decent but the problem is you always need to turn on auto shutdown after boot up and there are times I forget about it specially when your on the go  

No I don't have that issue with having to constantly set auto shutdown... Strange. Once it actually activates auto shutdown it keeps that setting active on the next restart.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #427 of 632
Quote:
No I don't have that issue with having to constantly set auto shutdown... Strange. Once it actually activates auto shutdown it keeps that setting active on the next restart.

Maybe i just always forget to pause the track that i kept running because something i just removed the iem it self and it still plays on the background

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #428 of 632
Quote:
Maybe i just always forget to pause the track that i kept running because something i just removed the iem it self and it still plays on the background

Well meiaen the auto shutdown button is different from the sleep feature. Autoshutdown will only work once the music has stopped playing. For example when you play music via resource menu and once the last song in the folder has played. Then auto shutdown will kick in. So if you set it for 5 minutes then it will take 5 minutes to shutdown after the music has stopped. The sleep feature will shut the device off regardless if music is playing or not. But I think you have to keep setting the sleep feature unlike the autoshutdown feature.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #430 of 632
Quote:
Auto shutdown also works if you pause the music.

That's convenient.  But is it really that hard to hold that same button for 2 seconds and turn the unit off? :wink:. I guess if you are unsure if you'll be back in 5 or so then its a good option regardless.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #431 of 632
That's convenient.  But is it really that hard to hold that same button for 2 seconds and turn the unit off? :wink:. I guess if you are unsure if you'll be back in 5 or so then its a good option regardless.

If I want to go to the kitchen and grab a sandwich or a drink, I would much prefer come back and resume the music where I just left off rather than shut the player down. Pausing the player allows this to be a reality. it's much easier than shutting down, rebooting, wait for the card to initialize then lose where I was at on an album. However, if I take to long making my sandwich or wonder of to stare out the window the player will shut down saving the battery.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #432 of 632
Quote:
If I want to go to the kitchen and grab a sandwich or a drink, I would much prefer come back and resume the music where I just left off rather than shut the player down. Pausing the player allows this to be a reality. it's much easier than shutting down, rebooting, wait for the card to initialize then lose where I was at on an album. However, if I take to long making my sandwich or wonder of to stare out the window the player will shut down saving the battery.

How long does it take for this player to initialize a 32GB or 64GB MicroSD C10 card?and im just used to using ipod  thats why i always try to compare both since i can get 30+ hours on it and not bother pausing or turning it off the whole day and i still cant get the exact charging time on this and i dont like over charging my electronics 

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #433 of 632
How long does it take for this player to initialize a 32GB or 64GB MicroSD C10 card?and im just used to using ipod  thats why i always try to compare both since i can get 30+ hours on it and not bother pausing or turning it off the whole day and i still cant get the exact charging time on this and i dont like over charging my electronics 

The main reason BA draws so much power is because it needs to support an internal amp section seperate to put out 50mW, your ipod runs on a amp/chip so requires less power, and most cases sound quality is sacrificed. that's often overlooked when comparing battery times. The 32GB card takes about 3 - 4 seconds to intialize on boot up, unless you're switching out cards, which can take up to 60 seconds the first time.

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #434 of 632
Quote:
The main reason BA draws so much power is because it needs to support an internal amp section seperate to put out 50mW, your ipod runs on a amp/chip so requires less power, and most cases sound quality is sacrificed. that's often overlooked when comparing battery times. The 32GB card takes about 3 - 4 seconds to intialize on boot up, unless you're switching out cards, which can take up to 60 seconds the first time.

50mW total, or for each channel?

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #435 of 632
Here's the specs, I do not know sorry, maybe Lee does.

Specifications:
Earphone amplifier grade: Hisound's proprietory HiFi amplifier
Frequency Response: 12Hz-23kHz
Sensitivity (dB): 105dB (earphone )
Impedance: 32 ohm earphone (earphone )
Power-Handling: 50mW peak / 5mW rated (earphone)
S/N: 96dB
Memory capacity: 4Gb expanding SD card slot
Card Compatibility: Micro SD, SDHC (Up to 32Gb)
Battery capacity: 600Ma rechargeable Li-ion battery
Battery continually playing time: > 10hours ( volume set at 3 degree)
Proprietary Pover saving technology: EMA Techonology (Energy Management and Admeasurement Technology)
The analog signal output: HDMS circuit design, which can supply the high quality music sources to the external earphone amplifier or home amplifier.
Compatible formats:MP3, WMA, WAV, Flac, AAC, OGG
Screen: 1 inch OLED
Color available: Brushed black
UI Operation: Mechanical key button operation ( one-hand and blind operation capability)
USB type: Mini USB 2.0
Dimension: 81.85mm L x 50mm W x 15.65mm D
Weight: 80g

It's fairly powerful though, I cannot go past 25/31 comfortably and I am used to amping and using pretty high volume levels. Most of all my IEM's feel very well supported.

I'm not sure if this is for everyone but the site layout has gone very strange here at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back