Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
May 8, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #482 of 632
reinstalled the firmware, did the system folder didnt work. Spend the entire day without music 3 hours away from home. Pitt street without headphone is no fun at all :frowning2:

May 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #483 of 632
Quote:
reinstalled the firmware, did the system folder didnt work. Spend the entire day without music 3 hours away from home. Pitt street without headphone is no fun at all :frowning2:

That sucks. Are  you gonna contact Jack and see what he will do? You should mention that when you first returned the unit to be fixed it wasn't actually fixed. Maybe if they can't fix it they'll upgrade you :p.

May 8, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #484 of 632
I used it quiet more than enough for the price I paid for, ofcourse I would have loved for it to last a life time but I know that would be only wishful thinking on my behalf. What annoys me is that I recently found out how great it sounds with ES10 and right when i was enjoying this discovery it died on me. It is half dead, it  is keep turning itself off.

Rocoo BA won me over for hisound, I like their house sound, I hope they just fix their UI and I know I will be happy for a long time. 
Quote:
That sucks. Are  you gonna contact Jack and see what he will do? You should mention that when you first returned the unit to be fixed it wasn't actually fixed. Maybe if they can't fix it they'll upgrade you :p.

May 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #485 of 632
Quote:
I used it quiet more than enough for the price I paid for, ofcourse I would have loved for it to last a life time but I know that would be only wishful thinking on my behalf. What annoys me is that I recently found out how great it sounds with ES10 and right when i was enjoying this discovery it died on me. It is half dead, it  is keep turning itself off.

Rocoo BA won me over for hisound, I like their house sound, I hope they just fix their UI and I know I will be happy for a long time. 

I wonder if the battery just needs replacing then?

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #487 of 632
Weird that there's no mention on the TripleFi 10s in the entire thread. Does anyone use them with this?

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #488 of 632
Quote:
Weird that there's no mention on the TripleFi 10s in the entire thread. Does anyone use them with this?

When I had them I did use them on the BA. I can't really recall if they sounded really good or not though. I wasn't the biggest fan of the TF10s though.
redface.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #489 of 632

I have them both here (TF10 / Roccoa BA) I made a post somewhere saying I wasn't happy with the sound and how they synergized. I have since changed my mind a little. Once I upgraded to a silver plated cable I found the TF10 sound rather nice with Rocco BA, I wouldn't say it's the perfect pairing around though certainly enjoyable.

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #490 of 632
Does anyone know why this is now discontinued? I was just about to pulled the trigger on one.

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #491 of 632
Quote:
Does anyone know why this is now discontinued? I was just about to pulled the trigger on one.

Probably due to their Studio V and the Nova line. I suggest looking into the Studio V as it is clearly superior and has much better battery life.

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #492 of 632

Probably because they have release the nova to replace it

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #493 of 632
Quote:
Probably because they have release the nova to replace it

Honestly the Nova doesn't do it justice... The BA is superior IMO and is quieter (doesn't have issues with the SD slot and screen inducing noise into the signal). Plus the BA has better sound quality than the N1. I think these players were catering to different segments though....

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #494 of 632
Seems like the Nova isn't really a replacement (worse quality and such). The studio V costs a lot more ...

Should I still get the BA? :)

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #495 of 632
Quote:
Seems like the Nova isn't really a replacement (worse quality and such). The studio V costs a lot more ...

Should I still get the BA? :)

Well if you can find one then I don't see why not? It's a great little player. I just don't think Jack has anymore available but I still suggest contacting him to inquire....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back