Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Jul 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #256 of 632
Quote:
  Hi audionewbi,

Yeah i changed to the Studio Dynamic firmware and to my ears it is better...

I suspect the FW used in the roCoo-ba may be the Studio BA because none of the RoCoos have HDMS and the gain is reduced. On the -p this one was best for me http://www.mediafire.com/?2atlwv2s9s4c9rm (Download link via i2ehan). It was similar to the studio dynamic but slightly less dry or dead in the mids and the midbass fit better.

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #257 of 632
Quote:
That is interesting considering that the Quads are considered to be on the smooth side on top.

They're certainly not dark or laid-back

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #258 of 632
Quote:
I suspect the FW used in the roCoo-ba may be the Studio BA because none of the RoCoos have HDMS and the gain is reduced. On the -p this one was best for me http://www.mediafire.com/?2atlwv2s9s4c9rm (Download link via i2ehan). It was similar to the studio dynamic but slightly less dry or dead in the mids and the midbass fit better.

So now we can change the sound signature with different FWs? Can some of us report the differences between the versions in more detail?

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #259 of 632
It's not the intent as the individual FWs are tailored to their players and certain versions aren't really for certain players but yes, there are differences. You can look at the old Rocoo auction thread in the sponsor forum http://www.head-fi.org/t/583197/1-for-hisound-s-new-released-rocoo-player for clues as to sigs or just try them. http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files I like the 4th one on my -P.

Never called the Quads dark but from descriptions the top shouldn't need any additional de-emphasis.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #260 of 632
Hey all, I have some problems with the music file in the BA player. Certain songs were not able to be played. The song was rated 16/44.1, the same rate as my other music file.
can anyone help me solve this problem ? thanks!

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #261 of 632
Check your tags. If  you have ID3.2 tags then remove those and just have the basic FLAC tags left intact. I have posted an in-depth description on this earlier on in this thread. Dig it up and that will guide  you.

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #262 of 632
Hi i'm new owner of this beautiful piece of jewel.
After iriver clix2, sansa clip+ and previous Cube C30 i did'nt expect any bigger leap from C30, but
yea Rocoo BA is better, more detailed, better in any aspect.
But back to FW, i changed original FW for BA (same for P)
to Studio DT-DYNAMIC 20111223 because BA player seems little buggy but it didnt help, never mind, will wait for new FW, but SQ has changed , now i feel little more bass with little more dynamic from bass to midrange and highs are more polite , so maybe for rock and metal it is good choice to swap FW from original to dynamic, i have IE7 so with dynamic FW i can feel better bass but from the other side less higs so now i am little confused, will give it more listenings and will see if i change it back to orig. FW maybe for IE7 is better little less bass and more highs.
Overall FW change SQ , but still waiting for new FW

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #263 of 632
So after many listenings i ve decided to swap back to original FW for BA (which is the same a  for -P) it seems that with original FW sounds more accurate and livelier-readable, maybe it is my subjective feeling and more suitable for IE7 (. Will see if Jack make new FW
L3000.gif
soon)

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #264 of 632
Quote:
So after many listenings i ve decided to swap back to original FW for BA (which is the same a  for -P) it seems that with original FW sounds more accurate and livelier-readable, maybe it is my subjective feeling and more suitable for IE7 (. Will see if Jack make new FW
L3000.gif
soon)

There's absolutely no ultimate, objective, right and wrong regarding which FW is the better sounding when taking individual circumstances into consideration. 

If you personal experience is a better match with your choice of IEM's/headphones combined the original FW, then you're right!  Nobody can question this!  Maybe that's why the original FW is there, what do I know :) 

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #265 of 632
Yep, but we need new FW, sometimes when u connect Rocoo to pc nothing has happened and pc dont recognize player, then i have to push reset.
The same has happened with both FW, sometime with many big files (flac, wav) when u start player and navigate to choosen song player skips for a while when song is played, maybe the right word is to say that player cuts a second the song which is just played.
Soryy for my eng, i am not natural talker.
happy_face1.gif

[/img]

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #266 of 632
Quote:
Yep, but we need new FW, sometimes when u connect Rocoo to pc nothing has happened and pc dont recognize player, then i have to push reset.
The same has happened with both FW, sometime with many big files (flac, wav) when u start player and navigate to choosen song player skips for a while when song is played, maybe the right word is to say that player cuts a second the song which is just played.
Soryy for my eng, i am not natural talker.
happy_face1.gif

[/img]

Are you talking about when you are playing a song and then navigating to another song and it causes the song to cut in and out? I've noticed that and it is kinda irritating. But I've never had issues with parts of the song cutting out when it plays from the beginning. That sounds more like an issue on the DX100...

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #267 of 632
Well, I've thrown in the towel in this little toy.  I guess my ears are use to the Sansa and Hifiman general sound signatures.  I agree that the soundstage is very wide, but for some reason, what ever IEM I was listening with (EQ-5, Klipsch C3), it sounded too unnaturally wide.  I recall having similar experience with the Sennheiser IE8, which is why I didn't own it for long.  I felt the depth and instrument placement was way off on a lot of tracks and was too distracting from what I'm used to hearing .  Too each their own, and it's now for sale.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #268 of 632
I think the fact that it stands out so much is why I like it. I don't get bored of it or feel closed in and trapped like I do with IEMs with small sound stages. To each his own as you said. I feel a very small sound stage is unnatural to be honest.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #269 of 632
Exactlz Lee as u said, i as talking about about navigating to another song and it causes the song to cut in and out, but it is problem with mostly chinese player, thez use similar
chip with undone FW (sigmatel chips ?., the same problem was with Cube C30), but from the other side, SQ is the right think why i have this player and
honestly i am satisfied, from sansa clip+, iriver clix2 some cowons and previous nanite N2 (cube C30) it is step (many steps) forward
L3000.gif
with term of SQ

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #270 of 632
If you get irritated with that noise the only thing you can do is either pause the player and then search for different song. Or lets say you were playing a song from the external memory. Go to internal memory and then click any song. It should solve it for a while. Seems to get worse when more tracks play on the particular menu option (internal or external memory).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back