Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Jul 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #241 of 632
The TF10 was ok but nothing special IMO. Even in a Custom IEM form I found my Silver cabled IE80s quite a upgrade over them.

Jul 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #242 of 632
Quote:
The TF10 was ok but nothing special IMO. Even in a Custom IEM form I found my Silver cabled IE80s quite a upgrade over them.

Are you running the IE80 from the Rocoo? I have decided to use the Rocoo as my daily rig, I am trying to build around it. IE80 are not cheap, that is why I am hesitant to make such a huge risk considering the GR08 and the Cardas IEM are months away. 

Jul 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #243 of 632
Quote:
Word of advice: give it time. While it is designed for BA it will not be sufficient for all BA. And since I am sure like the vast majority of us who have never had the chance to listen to a rig which does justice to the treble region of music you might find the BA at first too much to handle simply because it is presenting you the treble that you have never possibly listen to before. Just listen to the BA exclusively for a week and you will get used to its sound signature.

If you want to burn it in go for it to my ears I couldnt detect any change. Also if you want pink/white noise for burning in process I have found a free 24/48 Hz files which I dont mind sharing.

Enjoy and keep us posted! 

Interesting. That's been my experience since I got the BA. I am using 1964 Ears Quads (1 high, 1 mid, 2 bass BA drivers) and I find the treble region a bit too much and wishing for a warmer, darker sound signature. Maybe I should give it more time

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #244 of 632
Quote:
Interesting. That's been my experience since I got the BA. I am using 1964 Ears Quads (1 high, 1 mid, 2 bass BA drivers) and I find the treble region a bit too much and wishing for a warmer, darker sound signature. Maybe I should give it more time

I hated the treble at first. It was mostly because I never owned a music player which produced the treble close to what it should sound like. The problem is most of our "ordinary" DAP are just on the warm side. I love the treble now , it took me time to get used to it but now with the XBA-4 which I only now use exclusively with the Rocoo BA , the treble is just right, instrument placement is accerate. 

It just takes time to get used to it. 

I was hoping to use it with the ER4S but sadly it is just doesnt do justice to the ER4S.

Note:Try Sansa clip+! Whenever I miss the bass I just hook the XBA-4 with the Sansa clip+. It gives the bass that Rocoo lacks. You really cant go wrong with a DAP which cost $25, and rockbox it and unleash its full potential! 

Jul 23, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #245 of 632
Quote:
Are you running the IE80 from the Rocoo? I have decided to use the Rocoo as my daily rig, I am trying to build around it. IE80 are not cheap, that is why I am hesitant to make such a huge risk considering the GR08 and the Cardas IEM are months away. 

The IE80s sound great with the Rocoo BA and Studio V. As you mentioned the Rocoo has strong treble. Even more so with the Studio V. The IE80 has smooth treble that is well extended. This goes very well with the Rocoo and Studio players. Also the sound the BA puts out is very neutral which goes great with the IE80. You still get strong bass but it is well controlled and a large detailed sound stage.

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #246 of 632
Quote:
I hated the treble at first. It was mostly because I never owned a music player which produced the treble close to what it should sound like. The problem is most of our "ordinary" DAP are just on the warm side. I love the treble now, it took me time to get used to it but now with the XBA-4 which I only now with Rocoo BA, the treble is just right. 

It just takes time to get used to it. 

I was hoping to use it with the ER4S but sadly it is just doesnt do justice to the ER4S.

Note:Try Sansa clip+! Whenever I miss the bass I just hook the XBA-4 with the Sansa clip+. It gives the bass that Rocoo lacks. You really cant go wrong with a DAP which cost $25, and rockbox it and unleash its full potential! 

Thanks for  your opinions.
The sparkle highs and the ultra highs (extention ) is the core value of our players. Yes, you have found out that usually other DAPs can't have such extra highs For general DAPs have "cutted" off the ultra highs frequencies. So, at the first impression of our player, we could feet it is a bit too bright. After you used the sound quality of it , especially the merits of the ultra highs, you will treasure it as look it is what the music should have.
Normally, the ultra highs are presented by the high grade home audio system.

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #247 of 632
Quote:
The IE80s sound great with the Rocoo BA and Studio V. As you mentioned the Rocoo has strong treble. Even more so with the Studio V. The IE80 has smooth treble that is well extended. This goes very well with the Rocoo and Studio players. Also the sound the BA puts out is very neutral which goes great with the IE80. You still get strong bass but it is well controlled and a large detailed sound stage.

Hopefully after the release of the IE800 the price for the IE80 is lowered. As far as rocoo BA goes, it is one neutral DAP with excellent treble presentation. 

Quote:

Thanks for  your opinions.
The sparkle highs and the ultra highs (extention ) is the core value of our players. Yes, you have found out that usually other DAPs can't have such extra highs For general DAPs have "cutted" off the ultra highs frequencies. So, at the first impression of our player, we could feet it is a bit too bright. After you used the sound quality of it , especially the merits of the ultra highs, you will treasure it as look it is what the music should have.
Normally, the ultra highs are presented by the high grade home audio system.

You definitely have me as a customer. Great respect from me. Hope to see future revision with 24/96 flac support.

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #249 of 632
  I am very happy to say that at last my Rocoo BA seems to be putting out some decent sound...

I changed the firmware to the Dynamic and it has made a really big difference so now i am mostly happy with the player..

The midrange is subjectively way cleaner and i am hearing subtleties previously missing..  The bass is good in terms of it;s
  definition and pace..but a bit more slam and depth would be very welcome....

Now, did i see something about some new firmware ... kind of itching to try anything now.. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #250 of 632
Quote:
  I am very happy to say that at last my Rocoo BA seems to be putting out some decent sound...

I changed the firmware to the Dynamic and it has made a really big difference so now i am mostly happy with the player..

The midrange is subjectively way cleaner and i am hearing subtleties previously missing..  The bass is good in terms of it;s
  definition and pace..but a bit more slam and depth would be very welcome....

Now, did i see something about some new firmware ... kind of itching to try anything now.. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the Rocoo BA shared the same firmware as the Rocoo P already. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #251 of 632
  Yep, Rocoo P but not the firmware on the Studio

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #252 of 632
  In any case, changing /reloading the firmware has made a difference..

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #254 of 632
  Hi audionewbi,

Yeah i changed to the Studio Dynamic firmware and to my ears it is better...

Jul 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #255 of 632
Quote:

That is interesting considering that the Quads are considered to be on the smooth side on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back