Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Jul 19, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #211 of 632
Not just that. The fact that the player backing could have been mixed up. This wouldn't be the first time this has happened :wink:.

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #212 of 632
  Thanks for the replies... The back of the player is marked as a Rocoo BA but below that it says model PDAA-1 Rocoo...

My IE80s where bought on line in Australia from a very reputable and well known hifi and music store..   I appreciate the comments from 
  those comparing the Rocoo BA to the iPhone.. I wouldn't imagine the HTC would sound especially better than the iPhone so i am mystified.
  I doubt it very much, but could the Neutron Music player be making that much of a difference ?  Scratch that... it doesn't really matter as
  that doesn't sound good enough either..

Are the IE80s really just not good enough for this player ?? That doesn't seem likely either...

The problem with all this stuff is that you can't listen before you buy... It's a bit of a lottery apart from having access to forums such as this..

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #213 of 632
"Are the IE80s really just not good enough for this player ?? That doesn't seem likely either..."

-> Yes they are very good but they are dynamic IEm's and the Rocoo BA is tuned to match with (multi)armature drivers IEm's and CIEm's (BA).

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #214 of 632
Quote:
"Are the IE80s really just not good enough for this player ?? That doesn't seem likely either..."

-> Yes they are very good but just the fact that they are dynamic IEm and the Rocoo BA is tuned to match with (multi)armature drivers.

I don't know. The BA sounded pretty darn good with my GR07. He was probably expecting a night and day difference in sound though. With the way people are describing the player, I don't really blame him.

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #215 of 632
  Hi,  Sly_in_the_sky...   The reason i bought the Rocoo BA was because i messaged Hisound and asked them which player to get.. Jack told me the BA would be a good match......So i did as advised....

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #216 of 632
Nice to ear that:wink:, perhaps it's not the problem of Dynamic IEM's or not... the problem might just be that Sauntere doesn't like the Rocoo BA... but having some experience with players and IEM's, all I can say is that logically Sauntere might not like the Clip+, Cowon J3, s:flo 2 and also the Iphone because these are not better than the BA at all...:-/

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #217 of 632
Quote:
  Hi,  Sly_in_the_sky...   The reason i bought the Rocoo BA was because i messaged Hisound and asked them which player to get.. Jack told me the BA would be a good match......So i did as advised....

Hello Sauntere...

Sincerely, I think that Jack is right... you can buy a Studio V but it's much expensive and the difference with IE80 might not be soooo big...With the V,perhaps you would  also have  been disapointed...

very sorry for you...but do you have a big experience in IEM's and portable players? Because one thing seems to be clear, If you only have experience with Hi-fi home components, Hi-fi loudspeakes and so on, clearly, it's normal to be a little bit disappointed with portable Hi-fi when you are a newbie in portable audio.

Don't want to say that you are one....:wink:, but it's just a question.

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #218 of 632
Oh i have no doubt i would hate the players you mentioned Sly_in_the_sky...    But again i would like to know if spending money on the likes of Studio V, iBasso etc would give me the musical enjoyment i crave in a portable player....  I know you can't possibly answer that definitively
but i do value opinions of experienced portable player users.. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #219 of 632
It's difficult to answer.. and it depends on what you want...portability...good sound only,faster and better UI?

I know tha some can spend a lot just for a slight upgrade in sound and want just sound compromising the "portability" factor...(not me...).

In this case, yes having read some reviews, the Colorfly ck4, C4, hifiman or others are perhaps better (and perhaps also for you) but to me it's like carrying a micro hi-fi stereo...:-/, to MY vision of portable audio, they are not PORTABLE... but it's MY point of view...

The best player, to me, that is a good report between sound/portability at this moment, is the BA. 

But if you can, just try the others Hi-end players. i think it's the best way to test which one you like.. find a shop or buy them online and take benefit of the 7 days period to try and send them back for a total refund if you don't like it...

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #220 of 632
  I think maybe you are correct.... my expectations exceed the capabilities of these types of players.

I am a portable music newbie but very much much want an adequate one machine portable solution for when i travel..

Thanks for the responses

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #221 of 632
  The only thing i really care about is the sound of the music... I find the UI of the Rocoo to be more than adequate... I can find what i want and make it play.. Thats all i really need..

SQ is the only thing that matters... Oh and that it is a single machine... I am not interested in carrying around amps..

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #222 of 632
If you only look for a good SQ and don't care about portability (exept the fact that you don't want  to carry an amp), the Ibasso might be for you...

"Soon" there's also the Fiio x3, the Hifiman hm-901....but you must know that also Hisoundaudio is working on another Hi-end player...called the Master, but we have no date of release at this moment.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #223 of 632
Thanks very much for the information.... I am kind of a addict so i will certainly keep trying to find a player that suits my need... the thing is i don't really care about price either if it did what i wanted... Thanks again..   I will look out for opinions re those new players 

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #224 of 632
You are welcome Sauntere and welcome in the portable audio world..:wink: were everything is mooving so fast...perhaps to much...:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back