Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Jul 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #181 of 632
Quote:
Thanks for the insight lee730, appreciate it. Do you mean to say that there is still hiss issue with the BA? Haven't try out my replacement BA unit as I have a badly infected and painful left ear canal now and may take some time before I get to use it. So, please kindly fill me in with that. Thanks.

Well I can clearly hear it as can a couple other headfiers I've been in contact with. But there are other well known headfiers such as Averagejoe who do not hear hiss on the unit. So YMWV. There's a couple possible reasons for this. Either there are some discrepancies in the units (I doubt this because I had 2 Rocoo BAs) or just some of us are more sensitive to hiss (more likely cause). Not only was I able to verify hiss on my Silver IE80s but also on the FX700s and Hi-sound Popo. So if you can't hear it then consider yourself lucky...

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #182 of 632
Quote:
Thanks for the insight lee730, appreciate it. Do you mean to say that there is still hiss issue with the BA? Haven't try out my replacement BA unit as I have a badly infected and painful left ear canal now and may take some time before I get to use it. So, please kindly fill me in with that. Thanks.

There is not a hiss issue for me at least, not for myself or anyone who has written about the BA in this particular thread. The Studio-V reportedly fares particularly badly with high sensitivity IEMs, something which Highsound took into account, hence the release of the BA. I can't talk on behalf of high sens CIEM users, but I do recall Avergae_Joe stating several times that he had no issue with hiss. I'm open to others thoughts on this however..

Hope this helps.

*Edit: posted the above at the same time as Lee 730, so upon reading his post , have deleted accordingly.

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #183 of 632
I tried the Studio V at a recent headfi meet in Tokyo - it is hardly bad. I had the original AMP3Pro2 (still do). That player hisses more than any amp (home or portable even with dirty powersupplies) I've ever heard. So does the original Studio (2 years ago) and the original Rocco. The new one is finally listenable by IEM people - at least in comparison.
Quote:

There is not a hiss issue for me at least, not for myself or anyone who has written about the BA in this particular thread. The Studio-V reportedly fares particularly badly with high sensitivity IEMs, something which Highsound took into account, hence the release of the BA. I can't talk on behalf of high sens CIEM users, but I do recall Avergae_Joe stating several times that he had no issue with hiss. I'm open to others thoughts on this however..

Hope this helps.

*Edit: posted the above at the same time as Lee 730, so upon reading his post , have deleted accordingly.

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #184 of 632
Quote:
I tried the Studio V at a recent headfi meet in Tokyo - it is hardly bad. I had the original AMP3Pro2 (still do). That player hisses more than any amp (home or portable even with dirty powersupplies) I've ever heard. So does the original Studio (2 years ago) and the original Rocco. The new one is finally listenable by IEM people - at least in comparison.

The hiss level with STUDIO are improved alot compared to the  one  of the first production which Shigzeo Once to have 2 years ago.

We are working on it to further improve it now.

Thanks.

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #185 of 632
Quote:

The hiss level with STUDIO are improved alot compared to the  one  of the first production which Shigzeo Once to have 2 years ago.

Thanks.

Nice.  Are you working on improving the hiss of the current Studio V (with a new firmware)?  Or, are you working on the hiss problem for a new Studio V player to be released later?

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #186 of 632
Ok, thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts, appreciate it. Will just have to wait for my ears to recover and see if my unit have this hiss some of you have experienced. Will be looking out for the development of the V and hopefully Hisound would rectify it as the battery life is something I would like to have as my idea DAP. Cheers.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #187 of 632
Indeed, the new Studio is impressive on all fronts including machining. I'll say well done.
Quote:

Thanks.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #188 of 632
Quote:

Man I'd hate to hear how bad the older model was then lol. I mean I can live with the hiss but it is very apparent and annoying in tracks with low volume. I thought you were the most sensitive to hiss of all the headfiers :wink:. Generally I do prefer a black background so I can just put 100% focus on the music and no ever have a thought of the hiss lol. Jack I'm looking forward to further improvements in the future :).

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #189 of 632
I'm bad with hiss, but because I own the AMP Pro2 and spent several weeks with the Studio V1, I can cay without hesitation, there is no comparison. The Studio I heard the other day is much much less than before and can be gotten along with - if you are the sort that would be into HiSound products. If you are coming from anything but Sony players, you will have a very hard time with the hiss if you have sensitive earphones. 

ouch.
Quote:
Man I'd hate to hear how bad the older model was then lol. I mean I can live with the hiss but it is very apparent and annoying in tracks with low volume. I thought you were the most sensitive to hiss of all the headfiers :wink:. Generally I do prefer a black background so I can just put 100% focus on the music and no ever have a thought of the hiss lol. Jack I'm looking forward to further improvements in the future :).

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #190 of 632
Quote:

Hope this helps.

Upon further testing, I do have some CIEMs that have hiss with the BA.  Heck, I have a CIEM for private evaluation, not review, that makes the DX100 hiss like a snake.  I tested with my JH16 again tonight...no hiss, but, with others such as the Hidition NT-6 pro (if I remember correctly) there is a bit of hiss.  I haven't figured it out, but there seems to be more to when the RoCoo BA hisses than just sensitivity and impedance.

As stated by Shigzeo (how are you man?) it is much improved over the original Hisoundaudio products and for the price/size the Hisound RoCoo BA is hard to beat.  Actually, for the size/SQ combination it has no competition and I recommend it!

Someone asked me about pairing the RoCoo BA with the Pico Slim, and here is my answer.

Quote:

Thanks.

Keep up the good work!  I am looking forward to more products with RoCoo BA levels of hiss (or even better!).

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #191 of 632
Interesting averagejoe my feeling as well with my UHA6 MKII and Studio V. There is definitely more depth to the sound although I really do love the stock Studio V's intimate and very strong imaging. It's as if you can almost feel the notes, such power and texture to each note. That just makes me more annoyed of the hiss lol because I just wanna hear that raw sound without interference or bulk :).

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #192 of 632
What's the difference between using a 6 class micro sd card and 10 class ? Is it worth getting the 10 over 6?

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #193 of 632
Quote:
What's the difference between using a 6 class micro sd card and 10 class ? Is it worth getting the 10 over 6?

The class 10 is a  good deal faster and, as a result, it has less possibility of hanging up when accessing larger files.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #194 of 632
Nice to ear lot of people enjoying this excellent player...

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #195 of 632
Quote:
Nice to ear lot of people enjoying this excellent player...

Hi sly_in_the_sky, I've had some listening time with the BA and overall was very pleased with it. But there seems to be a problem with my unit as it does not shut down and stayed on the Bye Bye  screen. I need to use the reset button to turn it off and have tried it numerous times and the reset button does not resolve this problem. Another thing I found out is in regards to volume where it was softer before I use the reset button and the volume at the same setting after the reset was much more louder. Anyone here have the same problem before and maybe can suggest any solution to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back