Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Jul 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #231 of 632
Quote:
anybody tried a westone um3x with a rocoo p and rocoo ba? what's the major differences?

I have both the P and Ba, and absolutely loved the synergy of the P with the UM3x(no longer own), but I dont remember ever trying them with the BA. I bought the BA to use with CIEM, but due to some unforeseen(and costly) home repairs I still haven't been able to place an order for the CIEMs, so my BA gets little to no use for now...

Jul 22, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #233 of 632
Quote:
 24/48 WAV and 16/48 flac to my ears dont seem to have any sonic difference. 

On certain 24/96/192 content I can tell quite a difference in the songs. Such as Foreigner, Pink Floyd, George Michaels. Those differences tend to lie in the sound staging, and imaging. There's this rawness to the music that is hard to deny.

Jul 22, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #234 of 632
Quote:
On certain 24/96/192 content I can tell quite a difference in the songs. Such as Foreigner, Pink Floyd, George Michaels. Those differences tend to lie in the sound staging, and imaging. There's this rawness to the music that is hard to deny.

I will spend more time with it tomorrow. I used the 24/192 version of Cat Steven Tea for the Tillerman for testing purposes.. Converted using foobar. 

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #235 of 632
Just picked up the BA from a guy who released it for sale.

He claims that he likes the synergy between the BA and Heir Audio 8.A and wanted to keep it, I kinda feel bad purchasing them now.

Thank God I made the enquiry earlier and manage to get this baby. Enjoying it! (But I'm now in my school so I can't really listen to them 
angry_face.gif
)

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #237 of 632
Quote:
Just picked up the BA from a guy who released it for sale.

He claims that he likes the synergy between the BA and Heir Audio 8.A and wanted to keep it, I kinda feel bad purchasing them now.

Thank God I made the enquiry earlier and manage to get this baby. Enjoying it! (But I'm now in my school so I can't really listen to them 
angry_face.gif
)

Word of advice: give it time. While it is designed for BA it will not be sufficient for all BA. And since I am sure like the vast majority of us who have never had the chance to listen to a rig which does justice to the treble region of music you might find the BA at first too much to handle simply because it is presenting you the treble that you have never possibly listen to before. Just listen to the BA exclusively for a week and you will get used to its sound signature.

If you want to burn it in go for it to my ears I couldnt detect any change. Also if you want pink/white noise for burning in process I have found a free 24/48 Hz files which I dont mind sharing.

Enjoy and keep us posted! 

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #238 of 632
Quote:
He shouldn't have sold it if he really wanted to keep it. :p

Well he was funding other priorities that time, too late to back out now I suppose. He's a good seller, walked me through on the how-tos.

Quote:
Word of advice: give it time. While it is designed for BA it will not be sufficient for all BA. And since I am sure like the waste majoirty of us who have never had the chance to listen to a rig which does justice to the treble region of music you might find the BA at first too much to handle simply because it is presenting you the treble that you have never possibly listen to. Just listen to the BA exclusively for a week and you will get used to its sound signature.

If you want to burn it in go for it to my ears I couldnt detect any change. Also if you want pink/white noise for burning in process I have found a free 24/48 Hz files which I dont mind sharing.

Enjoy and keep us posted! 

So far I think I am still enjoying it, well an upgrade from the TF10 so give me some time. haha

Mind sharing me the 24/48? It'll be great for me to leave my Miracle burning overnight :)

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #239 of 632
Quote:

Well he was funding other priorities that time, too late to back out now I suppose. He's a good seller, walked me through on the how-tos.

So far I think I am still enjoying it, well an upgrade from the TF10 so give me some time. haha

Mind sharing me the 24/48? It'll be great for me to leave my Miracle burning overnight :)

How does the TF10 sound with this? I had the TF10 but sadly sold it due to the odd fit. Wouldnt mind trying it again.

Here are the files in open archive. Note that you need to convert it to wav or resamble as they are 24  bit. 
http://archive.org/details/TenMinutesOfWhiteNoisePinkNoiseAndBrownianNoise

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #240 of 632
Quote:
How does the TF10 sound with this? I had the TF10 but sadly sold it due to the odd fit. Wouldnt mind trying it again.

Here are the files in open archive. Note that you need to convert it to wav or resamble as they are 24  bit. 
http://archive.org/details/TenMinutesOfWhiteNoisePinkNoiseAndBrownianNoise

Thank you for sharing the link!

I was saying that the Miracle are the upgrade from my TF10 (which I sold it away to fund for the CIEMs).
So when I got my BA, all that is left are the Miracle and a very very excited kid that's all.

Will be doing auditions with most IEMs soon.
(Speaking of TF10, think I'll audition it with the BA this weekend at a local store)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back