Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
May 11, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #61 of 632
Hello, I have a 32gb class 6 and no problem... just a little "slow" at start (30 sec to switch on).

May 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #62 of 632

Rocoo BA arrived.
Will test it at weekend.
Grado GR10
Sennheiser IE80
Popo
Live
I-Modi

First listening impressions: VERY VERY PROMISING WITH GRADO

May 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #63 of 632
AMAZING PLAYER.

I have Sansa Fuze, iBasso DX100 and Rocoo BA.

Fuze is much inferior to the other two.
But I'm not wondering.
But I'm wondering how close the Rocoo BA is to the HighEnd 1000$ iBasso.

Retail prize 249USD for the Rocoo BA is a very good investment.

HiSoundAudio rocks !!!
iBasso has a little bit more refinement in every aspect but still for 1000$ very bad value :frowning2:

If I could go back in time I must have waited for the Rocoo BA.
But now I only could sell my iBasso for lousy 700$ which is really sad.

My Grado GR10 came alive.
With Sennheiser IE80 it's perfect.

Thank You HiSoundAudio & Jack for the fast shipping !

May 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #64 of 632
Just wondering, have any of you tried to remove the lettering above the microSD slot and the USB port?

The font of those two labels just doesnt fit in with the rest of the player from what I see in the pictures :|
Think I might try some acetone to lightly and very carefully remove it when I get my BA.

May 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #68 of 632
Hi guys, can someone kindly please describe what is the kind of basic sound signature this player have.  There's so many different variants of this Rocoo player and get rather confused. Many thanks.

May 17, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #69 of 632
Quote:
Hi guys, can someone kindly please describe what is the kind of basic sound signature this player have.  There's so many different variants of this Rocoo player and get rather confused. Many thanks.

sounds pretty much like the rocoo P and studio V, sound signature are not that different.

Tried the unit with a Shure 215 and the hiss is so minimal that if you dont look for it, you wont notice it

May 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #70 of 632
Quote:

Quote:
sounds pretty much like the rocoo P and studio V, sound signature are not that different.

Tried the unit with a Shure 215 and the hiss is so minimal that if you dont look for it, you wont notice it

To me, the RoCoo BA sounds much more like the Studio V than the RoCoo P, which has a very thin bass note.  The sound signature is balanced and spacious with a natural tone and timbre to it. Comparing with an iPhone 4S and Clip+, the BA has a much larger 3D space and makes the other players, especially the iPhone sound harsh.  The iPhone is about as bright as the BA while the Clip+ is darker with more focus on the bass.  In comparison with the DX100 and 801, the BA has similar spaciousness, although it does fall a little short, but still impressive for the price.  However, the other two outclass the BA, which is to be expected, in control and detail level.  This evaluation was done with the highly resolving Spiral Ear SE 5-way custom IEM (you can read my source thoughts in the review).

I haven't had a chance to test the BA with a wide range of IEMs yet, but so far my results have been very good as there has been no hiss from my unit, even with high sensitivity CIEMs.  As far as the UI goes, I am probably used to it from my days with the original AMP3, so I find it easy to use.  For the price, I do think it is a very good audiophile player.  I will write more when I have had more time with it. 

May 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #71 of 632
the last time I tried the Rocoo P was for only a while and their sound signature are not that different. the emphasis on bass may be different for P. I cant provide a head2head direct but BA and V sounds not that different, like joe mentioned

May 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #72 of 632
Quote:
the last time I tried the Rocoo P was for only a while and their sound signature are not that different. the emphasis on bass may be different for P. I cant provide a head2head direct but BA and V sounds not that different, like joe mentioned

Well, everyone hears differently, and there are other factors that can affect it. (equipment, burn-in, and etc.) Joe has just stated his own opinion about this player. You are free to disagree with him and share your own thoughts, but there is nothing wrong with his impressions either.

May 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #73 of 632
Quote:

To me, the RoCoo BA sounds much more like the Studio V than the RoCoo P, which has a very thin bass note.  The sound signature is balanced and spacious with a natural tone and timbre to it. Comparing with an iPhone 4S and Clip+, the BA has a much larger 3D space and makes the other players, especially the iPhone sound harsh.  The iPhone is about as bright as the BA while the Clip+ is darker with more focus on the bass.  In comparison with the DX100 and 801, the BA has similar spaciousness, although it does fall a little short, but still impressive for the price.  However, the other two outclass the BA, which is to be expected, in control and detail level.  This evaluation was done with the highly resolving Spiral Ear SE 5-way custom IEM (you can read my source thoughts in the review).

I haven't had a chance to test the BA with a wide range of IEMs yet, but so far my results have been very good as there has been no hiss from my unit, even with high sensitivity CIEMs.  As far as the UI goes, I am probably used to it from my days with the original AMP3, so I find it easy to use.  For the price, I do think it is a very good audiophile player.  I will write more when I have had more time with it. 

Hi joe, please fill me in on this. By itself and not comparing with the P model, would you say that the bass note is thin. Thanks.

May 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #74 of 632
im not disagreeing joe's post, I'm just saying that I don't have  the 3 of them together and only tried the P for a while, so my impression is just a rough, big picture. for the small detail, I need others to fill those information :D

May 19, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #75 of 632
Hello, if you read my little review, I agree with average_joe and the BA sounds more like the V than the P... I have the 3 players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back