HISENIOR AUDIO Discussion Thread
Apr 22, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #76 of 112
So I wonder, is it hype? Or this IEM is an equipment that truly lives up to its reputation?

Try to add some reason to this situation...the reputation your referring to is one glowing review with some stupendously strong claims and several other flattering reviews, one from a friend I very much respect...

Don't be taken in by the hype, keep your expectations reasonable for the price you're paying and it's unlikely you'll be disappointed. I haven't heard the M5E but I do have the T4 which was a great buy.

The S12 is bright, has planar speed, with good tech but I felt it was tonally flawed. I would expect a more natural tonality and timbre from the M5E but the technicals might be somewhere behind the planar. That's just a guess. I imagine @Leonarfd can help more.

Hisenior deserve success and it would be a great shame to see the flock of Headphone.com buyers come in here and complain it wasn't the HE-1 as liberally referred to in that review.

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #77 of 112
The Mega5est is a really good iem imo but it’s subjective ofc.

Is it the best iem I’ve ever heard? No. But it’s maybe the best I’ve heard south of $1k and definitely the best I’ve heard in its price range - but again the caveat is due to it suiting my preferences and works well with my tuning tastes and what I’m looking for.

It doesn’t appear to be (from the graphs) anything like the S12 at all:

IMG_3045.png

The s12 looks almost like the polar opposite of the Mega5est, although. I haven’t head the S12 to confirm.

@Leonarfd should be able to help, he has the Mega5EST and I believe he’s heard the S12
Thank you for the reply. Where did you get that image from?

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #78 of 112
Apr 22, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #79 of 112
HMMM. I've been out of the market for too long. I had not idea we have pages like Squid now.

Looking at the alternatives, I "think" I would like the Moondrop Variations more than the Mega5EST. More bass than the S12, similar treble. The Mega5EST on paper would look too tame for what I'm looking for:
graph.png

I don't know if would like that lower mid dip in the Variations. If I went for the Mega5-EST I would have to use tips with a bigger bore to not reduce the highs too much. Currently I'm using the SpinFit CP240 to ease a tiny bit the S12 Treble.

On to the rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #80 of 112
**Comes out muddy and dirty from the rabbit hole**

Measurement graphs aside, I realized what I really want is the EST experience...in IEM. Will the Mega5EST be a "good" EST, or I will be better off going for other EST options?

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #85 of 112
After listening to the Mega5 EST for 2 weeks, I must say this iem needs to be amped.

Coming from the EST112, I was disappointed at first by the Mega5 EST while running it through the Qudelix 5K. There was a serious lack of extension in the sub bass, and the sound was a bit muffled. But the sound totally changed after running it through the Questyle M15i. Wow, the sub-bass! And the amount of detail, along with the spacial positioning I am getting with this iem is nothing short of amazing. For anyone finding the sound of the Mega5 EST disappointing, I suggest trying it through an amp.

I also found the stock tips to be un-usuable. The Divinus Velvet makes a great pairing with the Mega5 EST.

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #87 of 112
Mega5 est vs X Crinacle dusk (dsp default)?
Anyone?
Mega5 est vs Mest mk2?
Anyone?
I have the Mega5est and purchased the Dusk, but it’s been delayed. I ordered on 2 April but it seems only the first batch ever went out.

Once I have it I’ll be happy to compare and share my opinion.

After listening to the Mega5 EST for 2 weeks, I must say this iem needs to be amped.

Coming from the EST112, I was disappointed at first by the Mega5 EST while running it through the Qudelix 5K. There was a serious lack of extension in the sub bass, and the sound was a bit muffled. But the sound totally changed after running it through the Questyle M15i. Wow, the sub-bass! And the amount of detail, along with the spacial positioning I am getting with this iem is nothing short of amazing. For anyone finding the sound of the Mega5 EST disappointing, I suggest trying it through an amp.

I also found the stock tips to be un-usuable. The Divinus Velvet makes a great pairing with the Mega5 EST.
It sounds good on my M300 but it does seem to sound better on my R6P2 - plus it needs more volume than my other iem’s.

Does the M15 provide much more power than the Qudelix 5k? both are dongle dac/amps after all.

Velvets are great tips but I have trouble with the fit on most iem’s. I use Azla SednaEarfit Short Lights on the Mega5EST, they not only fit reall well for me but are wide bore so open up the treble the most, or to put it better - provide the least restriction.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #88 of 112
I have the Mega5est and purchased the Dusk, but it’s been delayed. I ordered on 2 April but it seems only the first batch ever went out.

Once I have it I’ll be happy to compare and share my opinion.

It sounds good on my M300 but it does seem to sound better on my R6P2 - plus it needs more volume than my other iem’s.

Does the M15 provide much more power than the Qudelix 5k? both are dongle dac/amps after all.

Velvets are great tips but I have trouble with the fit on most iem’s. I use Azla SednaEarfit Short Lights on the Mega5EST, they not only fit reall well for me but are wide bore so open up the treble the most, or to put it better - provide the least restriction.
The M15i definitely have alot more power than the Qudelix 5K. The Q5K have difficulty pushing some of my over ear headphones to adequate volume at high gain while the M15i will happily push the same headphone on low gain with volume at 50%.
I tried the Azla on my Airpod Pro, but they are so prone to picking up every tiny bit of dust that i gave up on them.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #89 of 112
The M15i definitely have alot more power than the Qudelix 5K. The Q5K have difficulty pushing some of my over ear headphones to adequate volume at high gain while the M15i will happily push the same headphone on low gain with volume at 50%.
I tried the Azla on my Airpod Pro, but they are so prone to picking up every tiny bit of dust that i gave up on them.

Ah right, I wouldn’t personally use a dongle for full size headphones, but each to their own.

You’re referring to azla xelastics (or clear) they’re not the same as sednaearfits at all.

May 1, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #90 of 112
As someone who owns the Prestige LTD and a load of other non-EST sets, I don't know why I'm considering splashing out another USD500+ on the M5E....

We'll actually the idea of getting the Oracle OG brought me here.

I'm curious about the oracle OG but i don't feel like getting another Thieaudio (I also have the Hype 4).

The M5E and oracle OG have the same configuration and graph quite similarly through the lower and upper mids and upper. It seems to vary between measurements in the bass and treble regions.

Here are a few squig comparisons I've picked out.

1000080593.jpg
1000080596.jpg
1000080598.jpg
1000080600.jpg

Has anyone been able to compare these in real life and can comment on stage, imaging, impact, resolution between the two?

At the moment it seems like a choice between hype train Vs the tried and tested.

Or should I just save my money and enjoy the other 10 iems already competing for eartime?

Any comparisons between the M5E and the Prestige LTD or Hype 4 would also be very welcome and helpful!

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back