HISENIOR AUDIO Discussion Thread
May 21, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #152 of 234
I ordered my set through Shopee Taiwan with one of their local Hifi retailers, and received my set in 3 days. So some of their retailers will have units on hand. You can try your luck through Aliexpress and possibilly get them faster.
Ordered mine through Aliexpress. Unfortunately, it wasn't mentioned at the time that it was a preorder.

May 22, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #153 of 234
My fav at-work combo now is: M4 iPad Pro + iFi Gold Bar + EA Code 24 + Mega5-EST… I can be satisfied with this combo as long as I don’t go and A/B with my Walkman / 320MaxTi

May 22, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #154 of 234
Hey everyone. Someone I ran across says the Variations, Dunu SA6 MKII, X Crinacle Dusk 2, and the Simgot EA1000 are significantly more resolving than the Mega5 est. He also says the X Crinacle Dusk exhibits SIGNIFICANTLY GREATER detail retrieval than the Mega5 est.
I lmao.

Does anyone here agree or disagree with those claims?

May 22, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #155 of 234
Hey everyone. Someone I ran across says the Variations, Dunu SA6 MKII, X Crinacle Dusk 2, and the Simgot EA1000 are significantly more resolving than the Mega5 est. He also says the X Crinacle Dusk exhibits SIGNIFICANTLY GREATER detail retrieval than the Mega5 est.
I lmao.

I have owned the Variations, SA6 MK2 and currently own the Dusk and Mega5EST.

The Dusk is more resolving with greater detail retrieval and imaging in my opinion that the Mega5EST, but the Mega5EST has a nicer tonality more balanced tuning and more natural timbre to my ears. So, it depends what you like. The Mega5EST is no slouch but due to having a more relaxed pinna, more midbass and less treble its to be expected that it would be perceived as less "detailed".

The Mega5EST is such a well balanced and wonderfully tuned IEM, ultimate detail retrieval/resolution isn't everything.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #156 of 234
Ordered mine from Angelears from aliexpress too on May 1st. Not shipped yet either. Picked them cause their listing shows in stock, turns out they had none in stock lol.

Anyone ordered directly from hisenor? How fast did you get your pair?
Ordered from Penon. Exactly 10 days to my door in Los Angeles. Looks like I got lucky

May 22, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #157 of 234
I lmao.

There's ton of IEMs that have "more" detail, but I can tell you none of them are as enjoyable as Mega5EST.
FYI, it has the perfect amount of detail. Many IEMs force detail but lose balance elsewhere.

This IEM isn't your regular IEM. It's very special, balanced and musical in a way that's hard to explain. It must be experienced.

May 22, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #159 of 234
Ordered from Penon. Exactly 10 days to my door in Los Angeles. Looks like I got lucky
I had the same experience with Penon, also they were quick and helpful replying to messages.

I went with them after Angelears asked me to extend the delivery period on AliExpress several days after ordering because they didn’t have them in stock - despite not mentioning this on their page……

May 23, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #160 of 234
I lmao.

I've spent some time A/Bing back and forth between my SA6 Ultra (which is.... essentially just the SA6 Mk II) and the Mega5EST, and I can say I don't hear any reduction in detail retrieval on the Mega5EST, like, at all. I feel like I'm getting a noticeably higher fidelity and immersive experience listening to the hisenior set than the DUNU, actually, though I would chalk that up to tonal balance and the increased sense of tactility from the Mega5EST's driver config vs. the Ultra's all-BA design (there's really just no beating DD bass) more than I would something like 'resolving power' or anything. Going from the Mega5EST to the SA6 Ultra and giving my brain some time to readjust, the SA6 Ultra sounds a bit unnatural and flat compared to the Mega5EST to my ear. Like I'm getting the exact same detail from both, but whereas the SA6 is like watching a movie on a flat screen, the Mega5EST feels like a really engrossing imax experience. Everything just feels more real and immersive.

I did order the Dusk, too, but I haven't received mine yet. I'll be eager to compare those to the Mega5EST too though when they finally come in. Haven't heard the EA1000 either, but I do have the EA500LM. Which, honestly, even that set I do think is nearly as resolving as any of my sets at really ANY price range, but that resolution feels a bit forced because it's such a bright leaning tuning, and everything ELSE about its replay is pretty substantially lesser than the Mega5EST. To use another clumsy metaphor, resolution for me is like the spice in a dish. Yeah you can add all the herbs and spices you want to a microwave pasta dinner, and it might even taste pretty good! But I can guarantee you going to a nice restaurant and getting that same dish, with those exact same spices, except made with fresh pasta and high quality ingredients is going to be on an entirely different level.

(And, just to be clear, no shade on the EA500LM lol, I adore that set. I still reach for it a ton.)

I honestly feel like any set really can be resolving if you tune it favoring those upper frequencies. For me, it's about how effortless and natural that resolution feels when compared against the rest of the FR, the tactility, the coherency of the replay, the timbre, and, VERY CRUCIALLY, how much it wants to hurt me when I turn the volume up. The Mega5EST, for me, balances everything I am looking for in my music replay better than any set I've heard until now. It won't be that way for everyone, but for me, it's a real Goldilocks set.

Also, just for reference, the gear I've been listening on is a Bifrost 2/64 -> ifi Pro iCan Signature, the Mojo 2, and the ifi xDSD Gryphon. And yes, my hearing is still very good lol.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #161 of 234
Ordered mine from Hisenior website on May 3

1716456990819.png

Mine's finally on the way! So, including the cable change, it takes 20 days.

I did order the Dusk, too, but I haven't received mine yet. I'll be eager to compare those to the Mega5EST too though when they finally come in.

Looking forward to that comparison then.

--

On another note, anyone have listened to the Dunu DaVinci and compare it Mega5est and Dusk?

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #163 of 234
Oh I too would love to hear about that comparison, obviously big price difference between DaVinci and Mega5Est but I'm curious about the 2. I think it is going to be one of them later this year.

May 23, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #164 of 234
I've spent some time A/Bing back and forth between my SA6 Ultra (which is.... essentially just the SA6 Mk II) and the Mega5EST, and I can say I don't hear any reduction in detail retrieval on the Mega5EST, like, at all. I feel like I'm getting a noticeably higher fidelity and immersive experience listening to the hisenior set than the DUNU, actually, though I would chalk that up to tonal balance and the increased sense of tactility from the Mega5EST's driver config vs. the Ultra's all-BA design (there's really just no beating DD bass) more than I would something like 'resolving power' or anything. Going from the Mega5EST to the SA6 Ultra and giving my brain some time to readjust, the SA6 Ultra sounds a bit unnatural and flat compared to the Mega5EST to my ear. Like I'm getting the exact same detail from both, but whereas the SA6 is like watching a movie on a flat screen, the Mega5EST feels like a really engrossing imax experience. Everything just feels more real and immersive.

I did order the Dusk, too, but I haven't received mine yet. I'll be eager to compare those to the Mega5EST too though when they finally come in. Haven't heard the EA1000 either, but I do have the EA500LM. Which, honestly, even that set I do think is nearly as resolving as any of my sets at really ANY price range, but that resolution feels a bit forced because it's such a bright leaning tuning, and everything ELSE about its replay is pretty substantially lesser than the Mega5EST. To use another clumsy metaphor, resolution for me is like the spice in a dish. Yeah you can add all the herbs and spices you want to a microwave pasta dinner, and it might even taste pretty good! But I can guarantee you going to a nice restaurant and getting that same dish, with those exact same spices, except made with fresh pasta and high quality ingredients is going to be on an entirely different level.

(And, just to be clear, no shade on the EA500LM lol, I adore that set. I still reach for it a ton.)

I honestly feel like any set really can be resolving if you tune it favoring those upper frequencies. For me, it's about how effortless and natural that resolution feels when compared against the rest of the FR, the tactility, the coherency of the replay, the timbre, and, VERY CRUCIALLY, how much it wants to hurt me when I turn the volume up. The Mega5EST, for me, balances everything I am looking for in my music replay better than any set I've heard until now. It won't be that way for everyone, but for me, it's a real Goldilocks set.

Also, just for reference, the gear I've been listening on is a Bifrost 2/64 -> ifi Pro iCan Signature, the Mojo 2, and the ifi xDSD Gryphon. And yes, my hearing is still very good lol.
I find the M5EST sounds a bit muddy when I throw it on my Qudelix 5K without PEQ. While it's very resolving on the M15. Where as my Dunu EST112 sound perfectly fine on the Qudelix 5K but I can't turn the volume up pass 2 clicks on the M15 with low gain. I chalk it up to M5EST being a bit difficult to drive to it's full potential.

May 24, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #165 of 234
I find the M5EST sounds a bit muddy when I throw it on my Qudelix 5K without PEQ. While it's very resolving on the M15. Where as my Dunu EST112 sound perfectly fine on the Qudelix 5K but I can't turn the volume up pass 2 clicks on the M15 with low gain. I chalk it up to M5EST being a bit difficult to drive to it's full potential.
Yeah, very good point! These do need more juice than a lot of other IEMs, so I wouldn't try to run them off of, say, an apple dongle or what have you. You definitely need to give this set enough power to really get a proper experience with them. On the Mojo 2, I have to run them at about the same volume level as the IER-Z1R. My Monarch MkIIs and my PR2s require even more juice than the Mega5EST, but other than that, they're on the upper end of power hungriness in my own personal stable of IEMs. Glad to hear the M15 can drive them okay. I admittedly don't have much experience with dongles, so it's nice to hear from other people who do, regarding properly driving this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back